DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art Whores opening in October, 2014. It is a boundary pushing theme based exhibition revolving around sex/sexuality. Works must reflect the theme. We are seeking submissions of art works including traditional two dimensional works in any medium, digital [...]
Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art
NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 — Renowned figurative painter Steven Assael has announced plans to teach an intimate five-day master course in his New York City Studio from August 4th-8th, 2014. An exclusive group of students will have the rare opportunity to [...]
Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM
New York, NY – Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Under Pressure, a solo exhibition of new works by Ross Bonfanti, featuring new sculptures that explore the pressures of adult life within the context of reimagined childhood toys. These discarded teddy bears and stuffed animals, found in [...]
Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic and oil artists. Adam began painting at the age of six years old under the instruction of his family. After attending The Art Institute of Pittsburgh in the early ‘90s, Adam moved to Atlanta, Georgia to begin setting the foundation for a career as [...]
My paintings are intended as a locus for the exploration of visual sensation and a mindful state of being. They operate as provocative invitations for the viewer to go past their minds normal conceptions, yet maintain their own relationship to mindfulness and looking. I have a studied experimental mode of work; it is not aimed at perfection, but rather discovery.
“Beauty always offers its own form of seduction” — Elizabeth George
Beauty is my inspiration. My goal is to combine the ultimate search for the ideal with the personal emotional rebirth. My art making practice embraces the painting tradition I was trained in while scratching to break out of it. Painting surface, luscious and seductive, [...]
Gallery Rene Mele is pleased to present the upcoming group exhibition “Magical Thinking” which opens on Friday June 13, 2014 from 6 to 8 PM at 4o East 75th Street in Manhattan.
In this exhibition artists Alex Beard, Peter Gerakaris, Victor Frešo, Renelio Marin, Rebecca Morgan and Alexander Zakaharov present images inspired by childlike fantasies which [...]
New York, NY – Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Piers Bourke: The Philatelist, a solo exhibition featuring new works by British artist Piers Bourke. The exhibition will commence with an opening reception on Wednesday, June 11 from 6-8PM in the gallery at 262 Mott Street.
Bourke’s works play with space and form. Combining [...]
Composing a whimsical wintry mash up of abstract and figurative art to provide us all a rather philosophical light on the freedom of art, no matter what eye the perspective is derived from. “A work of art doesn’t have to be explained. If you do not have any feeling about this, I cannot explain it to you. If [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »
- Imagine that as you are wandering around NY City you see two distinctive strangers bump into each other twice at two… »
- A new art installation at a popular West Village wine and dessert bar is catching the eye of many neighborhood residents.… »
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »