Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art
NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 — Renowned figurative painter Steven Assael has announced plans to teach an intimate five-day master course in his New York City Studio from August 4th-8th, 2014. An exclusive group of students will have the rare opportunity to [...]
Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM
New York, NY – Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Under Pressure, a solo exhibition of new works by Ross Bonfanti, featuring new sculptures that explore the pressures of adult life within the context of reimagined childhood toys. These discarded teddy bears and stuffed animals, found in [...]
Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic and oil artists. Adam began painting at the age of six years old under the instruction of his family. After attending The Art Institute of Pittsburgh in the early ‘90s, Adam moved to Atlanta, Georgia to begin setting the foundation for a career as [...]
My paintings are intended as a locus for the exploration of visual sensation and a mindful state of being. They operate as provocative invitations for the viewer to go past their minds normal conceptions, yet maintain their own relationship to mindfulness and looking. I have a studied experimental mode of work; it is not aimed at perfection, but rather discovery.
“Beauty always offers its own form of seduction” — Elizabeth George
Beauty is my inspiration. My goal is to combine the ultimate search for the ideal with the personal emotional rebirth. My art making practice embraces the painting tradition I was trained in while scratching to break out of it. Painting surface, luscious and seductive, [...]
Gallery Rene Mele is pleased to present the upcoming group exhibition “Magical Thinking” which opens on Friday June 13, 2014 from 6 to 8 PM at 4o East 75th Street in Manhattan.
In this exhibition artists Alex Beard, Peter Gerakaris, Victor Frešo, Renelio Marin, Rebecca Morgan and Alexander Zakaharov present images inspired by childlike fantasies which [...]
New York, NY – Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Piers Bourke: The Philatelist, a solo exhibition featuring new works by British artist Piers Bourke. The exhibition will commence with an opening reception on Wednesday, June 11 from 6-8PM in the gallery at 262 Mott Street.
Bourke’s works play with space and form. Combining [...]
Composing a whimsical wintry mash up of abstract and figurative art to provide us all a rather philosophical light on the freedom of art, no matter what eye the perspective is derived from. “A work of art doesn’t have to be explained. If you do not have any feeling about this, I cannot explain it to you. If [...]
Acclaimed photographer Donna Ferrato will display never-before-seen documentary photographs of the greatest party in the history of New York City, June 5-18, 2014
“In the beginning I didn’t know anything about Josh Harris or ‘We Live In Public’ except for the stuff I’d been reading in the New York Post.”
Celebrated photographer [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »
- Curator David A. Willis Last week a group of thirteen artists alongside curator David Wills took over a storefront… »
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »