Gallery 151 is pleased to announce Ori, the first solo exhibition from Toronto-based visual artist, Oluseye. The term Ori is a Yoruba concept that is literally translated as ‘head’ – the physical attributes including the brain and sensory organs. Ori, the mental faculties (intellect, imagination, memory) Ori, the emotional nucleus (conscience, compassion, attraction and […]
Zener Schon Contemporary Art, Mill Valley, presents From Each to West: A Bi-Coastal Dialogue, an exhibition guest curated by Mateo Mize, featuring eight internationally acclaimed mixed media artists with deep roots individually and collectively in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. The exhibition runs from March 31st to May 17th, 2015. […]
Woodward Gallery features Susan Breen and Margaret Morrison in a two-person exhibition heralding Spring. This season, the Artists travel to a location beyond their traditional roads of art. Both Ways connects different aesthetics by traversing varied terrain intimate and expansive, natural and concrete.
Taken collectively, Susan Breen’s paintings represent a dynamic natural world in flux, […]
Fridge Art Fair is pleased to announce that it will present “Episode One: We’ve Only Just Begun (Featuring a Sunflower and a Panda)” as a satellite fair during Frieze New York, May 14 – 17, hosted and sponsored by Retro Bar & Grill and Holiday Inn at 150 Delancey Street. An opening gala on Thursday, […]
USSEA Regional Conference is Now Accepting Proposals until March 31st.
CLIO ART FAIR returns for its 2nd year in NYC March 5th – 8th at 508-526 West 26th Street (5th and 9th floors). CLIO ART FAIR is a curated fair exhibiting 49 Worldwide Artists.
Join the United States Society for Education through Art (USSEA) at the Queens Museum in New York at USSEA’s Regional Conference, July 17-19, 2015. Registration and proposal submissions are now available on the USSEA website: http://ussea.net/conference/ussea-conference/ USSEA has partnered with the traveling arts project, An Inclusive World, an exhibition of art by artists of […]
Woodward Gallery boldly unites a group of twenty living artists working in different styles ranging from figurative to street, surreal to abstract. The exhibition is a cross sample of art Woodward exhibits highlighting the range of the Contemporary market.
Richard Hambleton’s 1983 Dancing Shadowman sets the mood. Sabina Forbes II sets the table from […]
Roubeni’s photographs explore the street art of New York City, where the art has become a living part of the landscape. The artist’s fascination with street art stems from its somewhat contradictory nature—at once permanent and commanding, while also ephemeral and ever changing […]
Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and creatives. What: An aesthetic aspiration, a production/management team, an understanding of time and place, a global artistic collaborative, and a relentlessly enjoyable thing for us. Where: Our creative home base is Bushwick, our administrative home base is in […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- With astute observation and a wry wit, the dynamics of New York City’s denizens, streets and landmarks come to life in… »
- Gallery 151 is pleased to announce Ori, the first solo exhibition from Toronto-based visual artist, Oluseye. The term Ori… »
- Chelsea Art Night at Galerie Protégé Get those phones out ART people At this past Thursday's gallery opening of… »
- FIGURES AT THE WINDOWS Man throughout history, age or culture has considered himself and his role with different… »
- Human Nature by George Lewis The Kinky Kandoura by George Lewis “This is not a woman thing; this is a human thing.… »
- Art by Marco Angelini Marco Angelini ARTE FUSE: So Marco, you study the urban phenomenon to understand how people are… »
- Ian Bertram is an artist living and working in New York. He is interested in uncovering the hedonistic and fatalistic… »
- Untitled ELK, 80” x 45” x 30”Elk Taxidermy, Resin,Steel, Gold Plate, 2014 “Babies”, Digital C Print, 16” x… »
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »