My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The World. For the past two and a half years I have been working full time as a visual artist. In my sculpture and installation art, I create new hand-made versions of [...]
Into each life of an artist, some paint must fall. But depending on the intent, does it fall accidentally or deliberately to enforce the old or define the new? These are the push-pull dynamics explored in the latest show of Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda for his opening of New Paintings last September 11th.
I walked into the [...]
There is a new frontier in this part of Chelsea as the newly launched Joseph Gross Gallery (taking over the majority of the space that was ArtNow NY) featured the amazing technical based fine art of Ted Lawson for his show The Map Is Not The Territory, which opened last September 11th. AF came to a very rich [...]
David Benjamin Sherry is the new Ansel Adams on a Kool-Aid trip as his mono-color photographs testified super saturated majestic views for his show that opened last Sept. 11th at Danziger Gallery. AF came and immersed ourselves into the Western and Southwestern mountain views that were spectacular and the color treatment gave it that brevity as any [...]
With the FALL art season in full swing, I almost forgot that it coincided with New York Fashion Week for Spring 2015. If there were a miracle mash up where both art and fashion can happen in one event, it would be sheer heaven. My prayers got answered last weekend when a friend of mine [...]
Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street there was South Street, and this is where the ‘rise’ of New York City began. New York Harbor is, actually, the deepest harbor in the western hemisphere and it was easier to [...]
After a couple of days of attending openings for this new season, we stopped by The Lodge Gallery to see Kent Henricksen’s Disharmony in Blue and Gold. This show is captivating, manipulating and controlling all at the same time. The first thing you see as you walk in are a large number of golden stakes [...]
The Klein Sun Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting several new painted sculptures, photographs, and lightboxes by Liu Bolin for his exhibition titled A Colorful World?
The works in this show reflect the many colorful advertisements, and consumer goods that mask our understanding of oppression and justice in today’s world.
One notable work in this [...]
“Take a look at some of the massive installations from the much talked about festival in Nevada”
Communities all over the world have attempted to explain the meaning and definition of Burning Man. Although many understand the basic factors- festival, art, music, people- most definitions leave much to be desired. A vital component of what [...]
Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets chasing the next distinctive show. We initiated our Gallery walk at Galerie Protégé to see The Playground of the Fantastical. Galerie Protégé is part of Chelsea Frames and the brain child of Jaclyn Acker. [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Ephemera (Lost Dog), 2013, Casein on paper19 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she… »
- Sculpture by Rachel Lee Hovnanian The art crowd at Leila Heller Gallery Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to… »
- Nam June Paik was a pretty lucky guy. He was, for instance, able to move out of Korea at the age of 18, due to his… »
- The Bowery Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting a collection of oil paintings by Nagib Nahas for the show Street… »
- The full house at Zieher Smith & Horton Everyone comes out for the season openers in Chelsea Artist Philippe… »
- My shot came out great and ready to post at #INSTAGRAM New Ghost, Stained Glass Lightbox, 32 x 19 x 2 inches Claire… »
- Quick Red Fox, 1963, Acrylic on canvas84 3/4 x 55 1/2 inches A colorful collection of paintings, collages, and drawings by… »
- The folks who saw Roxy Paine’s opening at Marianne Boesky Gallery were blown away by the raw visual impact of seeing… »
- Viewing the work of Justine Kurland #Instagram worthy kind of art by Justine Kurland Cheerios in the hands of a… »
- Fairy Organs sculptures in various stages of completion Artist Julia Sinelnikova talking about her series Reveals &… »