Galerie Protége is announcing an open call for the next big artist to be featured in a group show opening on September 7th in Chelsea, New York. The 3 jurors will select the artists from the open call submissions for an exhibition at Galerie Protége to run from September 7 – October 3, 2017. APPLY HERE
Who are we?
Jaclyn Acker,owner and director of Galerie Protége – an exhibition space located in NYC’s Chelsea gallery district.
Alison Pierz, independent curator and former gallery owner/director
Jamie Martinez, artist and publisher of ArteFuse, a contemporary art blog
What we’re looking for:
- Artists residing in the U.S.
- Contemporary original 2D and 3D work in any medium including painting, prints, drawings, photography and digital images.
- Artwork should not exceed 30” in the longest dimension
What’s in it for you?:
- The exhibition will be promoted with an article about the group show
- One lucky winner will be featured in an interview on ArteFuse.com
- Sales will be encouraged and artists will receive 50% commission on the retail price of the artwork sold.
How you can submit:
- The submission fee is $30 for 3 images or $5 for each additional image up to 5 images.
- Submissions begin June 1st and end August 15th, 2017
- Register and submit at the green “Register” link at the top of the screen
Other important stuff:
- If selected, artists will be responsible for the transport of their artwork to the gallery as well as collection of unsold pieces from the gallery
- Art must be received within the allotted timeframe of one week after approval (by August 30th)
- The gallery is not responsible for damage to artwork that is poorly displayed or damaged in transit.
- All works on paper MUST be framed and ready to hang
- Artists are responsible for the display of digital media (monitors, etc) and 3d artwork (pedestals, mounts).