What have you destroyed lately?
This was the question posed by Nicola Formichetti to his vast network of social media followers for the third misson of #DIESELREBOOT, his viral relaunch of the Diesel Brand. Using TUMBLR to reach a community of young creatives, #DIESELREBBOT has been dispatching call and respond missions to build a [...]
Richard Kern has been photographing girls of the “hot” or “interesting-girl-next-door” variety for over 30 years. The photographs are straightforward, hint at documentary, and seem committed to the matter-of-fact reality of the day-to- day. Yet the consistent subtle sense of humor and styling make it clear that the artist has been involved in the construction [...]
The landmark date was September 8, 2013 and it happened to hit on a Sunday where every gallery in the gritty bosom of this neighborhood has scrubbed itself smooth and primped to receive the deluge of art loving denizens ready to paint the East Side in every color it can. The LES Opening Night: ART + Fashion [...]
Michelangelo Alasa’ was born in La Habana, Cuba. As an actor worked on National Tours of HAIR, Jesus Christ, Superstar, Godspell, Tommy and performed at Duo for 520 performances in the cult hit musical Born To Rumba which he wrote and directed. His musical, Chez Garbo ran at Duo for 320 performances. His musicals with long time collaborator [...]
For the first time in New York and for the first time having a solo show in a Chelsea Gallery: The debut of Italian artist Daniele Davitti is very promising and should be on the “don’t miss list” for the start of the art season in New York.
Davitti’s paintings and drawings, mostly realized with watercolors [...]
Here at AF we write and discuss about what is fashionable on the walls and what medium is trending every season. The same goes for the Fashion Industry and since it is Fashion Week, AF decided that maybe it’s time to infiltrate the wearable art brigade and experience the blast off celebration for art that [...]
Judith Charles gallery, Michael Staniak, Peter Demos, Adam Parker Smith, Carolyn Salas, Trong Nguyen, Rebecca Reeve, and Steph Gonzalez-Turner, eric cahan, #PSEUDOreal, Social Engagement, Eric Starosielski
There are a handful of artists on my radar that I’ve been following since being an art writer for almost two years now. Kadar Brock happens to be one of them. It was very important that I attend his first solo exhibition - dredge, as the new art season kicked off last September 4th at The Hole.
Rewind back [...]
Stephane Fedorowsky, vernissage, Red, Re-Emerging-Dimension, Guigon Gallery, paris, art, opening, photography
Tom Sanford is a New York-based artist whose work is exhibited around the world. His paintings, which range from historical works depicting celebrity assassinations to portraits of gangsta rappers and teen pop tarts to elaborate cosmologies weaved together from Hollywood movies, reflect a deep ambivalence about the American cultural condition.
When did your interest within [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- New York based curator and artist liaison Samantha Katz is thrilled to launch the first Google Glass artist interview… »
- Opening Reception: September 7th 2013, 6-8 pm This Season, Robert Indiana will be concurrently featured with traveling… »
- Exuberant Gallerist Adriaan Van der Plas Colorful Attendees at Van Der Plas Gallery AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan… »
- Singular Beauty by Cara Phillips at Station Independent Projects Opening Reception: September 8, 4 - 8pm … »
- Sarah Smelser, Here I Stand, 2013 Trace monotype, 16 x 20 inches Original Prints – Why Buy Them and What Should You Look… »
- Performance Art in the Gallery at Flowers Choreographer Carrie Plew (center) with the Maverick Dance Experience… »
- Van Gogh or its Rebooted Edition at Agora Gallery There is an Art to how you look at these openings The listing said it… »
- I had a dream. I was floating in the air, surrounded by beheaded sheep, winged lions' heads, wired birds, and floating castles.… »
- "SONIC" by Martin Klimas at Foley Gallery What does music look like? When we listen to Miles playing "Bitches… »
- “Out of Order” New paintings by Tadasuke Jinno at Tazza Gallery Artist Tadasuke Jinno at Tazza Gallery Gray… »