David Benjamin Sherry is the new Ansel Adams on a Kool-Aid trip as his mono-color photographs testified super saturated majestic views for his show that opened last Sept. 11th at Danziger Gallery. AF came and immersed ourselves into the Western and Southwestern mountain views that were spectacular and the color treatment gave it that brevity as any […]
With the FALL art season in full swing, I almost forgot that it coincided with New York Fashion Week for Spring 2015. If there were a miracle mash up where both art and fashion can happen in one event, it would be sheer heaven. My prayers got answered last weekend when a friend of mine […]
Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street there was South Street, and this is where the ‘rise’ of New York City began. New York Harbor is, actually, the deepest harbor in the western hemisphere and it was easier to […]
After a couple of days of attending openings for this new season, we stopped by The Lodge Gallery to see Kent Henricksen’s Disharmony in Blue and Gold. This show is captivating, manipulating and controlling all at the same time. The first thing you see as you walk in are a large number of golden stakes […]
The Klein Sun Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting several new painted sculptures, photographs, and lightboxes by Liu Bolin for his exhibition titled A Colorful World?
The works in this show reflect the many colorful advertisements, and consumer goods that mask our understanding of oppression and justice in today’s world.
One notable work in this […]
“Take a look at some of the massive installations from the much talked about festival in Nevada”
Communities all over the world have attempted to explain the meaning and definition of Burning Man. Although many understand the basic factors- festival, art, music, people- most definitions leave much to be desired. A vital component of what […]
Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets chasing the next distinctive show. We initiated our Gallery walk at Galerie Protégé to see The Playground of the Fantastical. Galerie Protégé is part of Chelsea Frames and the brain child of Jaclyn Acker. […]
The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she presented her ‘Yes! Yes! Yes!’ show at McKenzie Fine Art in Chelsea (I was happy to see this gallery on Orchard Street now). 2010 was the first time I had seen her quite funny papier-mâché and enamel books with titles like: Who’s Who […]
hat movie dialog excerpt was from The Graduate (1967) and it was the mantra of that time that pointed to a lucrative future in plastics. It was a movie made more than four decades ago and now our daily existence relies greatly on plastics […]
Nam June Paik was a pretty lucky guy. He was, for instance, able to move out of Korea at the age of 18, due to his family’s wealth, thus avoiding the Korean War.
While North Korean People’s Army divisions barreled through South Korea, while MacArthur landed at Inchon, while US forces temporarily occupied Pyongyang, […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The Bowery Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting a collection of oil paintings by Nagib Nahas for the show Street… »
- The full house at Zieher Smith & Horton Everyone comes out for the season openers in Chelsea Artist Philippe… »
- My shot came out great and ready to post at #INSTAGRAM New Ghost, Stained Glass Lightbox, 32 x 19 x 2 inches Claire… »
- Quick Red Fox, 1963, Acrylic on canvas84 3/4 x 55 1/2 inches A colorful collection of paintings, collages, and drawings by… »
- The folks who saw Roxy Paine’s opening at Marianne Boesky Gallery were blown away by the raw visual impact of seeing… »
- Viewing the work of Justine Kurland #Instagram worthy kind of art by Justine Kurland Cheerios in the hands of a… »
- Fairy Organs sculptures in various stages of completion Artist Julia Sinelnikova talking about her series Reveals &… »
- Art Installation by Brian Reed I met Brian Reed in 2012 at an opening of Chair and the Maiden (CATM) Chelsea at their… »
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques and… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »