Roubeni’s photographs explore the street art of New York City, where the art has become a living part of the landscape. The artist’s fascination with street art stems from its somewhat contradictory nature—at once permanent and commanding, while also ephemeral and ever changing […]
Photography artists have to be charged with the responsibility of reframing our minds and how we see the world around us. Last December 11th, AF came to a group exhibition touting it as The Photography Show. This featured the innovative images of the following auteurs of the lens: Dietmar Busse, Janine Gordon, Allie Pohl, Sepideh Salehi, Marielis […]
Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and creatives. What: An aesthetic aspiration, a production/management team, an understanding of time and place, a global artistic collaborative, and a relentlessly enjoyable thing for us. Where: Our creative home base is Bushwick, our administrative home base is in […]
WYNWOOD, MIAMI | Create Collect and the Con Artist Collective joined forces with Festina Lente, a five day series of art and performance during Art Basel week in Wynwood. Named for the Roman maxim “To make haste slowly”, Festina Lente is our tribute to the creative process. This paradoxical relationship resonates with every artist’s often […]
On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The Gallery will be relocating to a larger space in the lower east side due to open sometime in spring 2015. The sound installation is by New York based artist Ivaylo Gueorgiev called SIR! SIR!…SORRY; […]
Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major exhibition of Maurizio Cattelan’s work since Maurizio Cattelan: All, the 2011/12 Guggenheim retrospective, and the artist’s subsequent retirement. Curated by gallerist and collector, Adam Lindemann, this selling exhibition showcases a range of works from Cattelan’s career, including many of the artist’s most recognizable iconography that has made him one of the most idiosyncratic and unique of his generation […]
Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and the public an opportunity to experience Fridge during Miami’s Art Basel Week, concurrent with Art Wynwood and other major presentations. The main Fair was on view at 3rd Street Garage Art space, 300 SW 12th Avenue, Miami with additional presentations at a legendary Little Havana location, […]
To experience Eliane Elias in concert is to understand the notion of temporary bliss.
With a career spanning forty years, this famed jazz pianist from Sao Paulo is an international treasure. Undoubtedly one of the finest musicians of our day, she is a singer, composer and arranger with a sound rooted in the samba […]
My first encounter with the artist, Arianna Carossa, came in the spring of this year (April, 2014) where she had an installation at the bathroom of Rooster Gallery. I conducted that interview insisting that we do it in the bathroom where her work is a bulwark of renegade idealism and wry aesthetics. My next course […]
We are pleased to present “The Future Is Now” at 60 Orchard St Gallery in the Lower East Side.
This unique Invitational brings together a curated selection of prolific street and urban contemporary artists and musicians for a weekend of cutting edge art, music, technology and performance.
The Future Is Now serves as the […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Art Basel in Miami Beach 2014 | Public | Performance: Alix Pearlstein, Work by Sarah Braman, Door, 2013 – 2014… »
- Doug Rickard-Baltimore, MD 21x33 Inkjet Pigment Print, Google Street The Philadelphia Photo Arts Center hosted an exhibit… »
- The Benrubi Gallery is in the historic Fuller Building on 57th street, along with a sizeable number of other galleries, so… »
- It’s a good thing painting was never truly dead, or David Lloyd would not have been able to exhibit his new paintings at… »
- Ancient folks thought of the tree as a type of bridge between the earth and the sky. A tree’s roots dig down deep into… »
- When the English and German Romantic painters created pieces, they began with an aspect of nature which seemed to evoke… »
- The big questions for me, looking at the recent show at Morgan Lehman Gallery, were: Is David Rathman making a social… »
- Stopping by the 529 W. 20th street building on a Saturday afternoon gallery-hopping spree (or whenever you drop into… »
- Interview with Peter Frank, an art critic for the Huffington Post and formerly for LA Weekly, Village Voice and SoHo… »
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »