In the wake of the noise and hubbub surrounding the annual art world pilgrimage to Art Basel Miami comes an exhibition with the expressed intention of inspiring visitors to slow down.
A Question of Slow features work by six emerging and mid-career artists, each of whom actively promotes slow art-making processes or slow, contemplative viewing [...]
Far from the glamour and heat of the Miami Beach, SCOPE Miami in Midtown boasted a 100,000 square feet prime location on 36th Street at Midtown Boulevard, which was the anchoring start point to other fairs in the vicinity like Context, Art Miami, Red Dot, etc. AF braved the hectic locale right at the heart of [...]
Out of the sun drenched sands of the beach rose a tent and it was UNTITLED – the very first art fair to be located right on the beach on Miami’s South Beach on 12th and Ocean Drive. AF came for more than a beach blanket bingo last Saturday afternoon December 8th and knew that this art [...]
The Art Cognoscenti knows that first week of June is Basel, Switzerland and every first week of December it is in Miami Beach, FL. Entering its second decade that Art Basel Miami Beach attracted visitors in the upwards of 70,000 for its five day run last December 5 – 9, 2012. From its VIP previews [...]
On a Monday night with fair temperatures for winter last December 10th that Max Noy, our lens auteur for AF, had his solo exhibition of new photographs at Orchard Windows Gallery on the Lower East Side. The ephemeral nature of art comes to a poetic manifestation with this latest series from the New York based photographer. [...]
Playground scapegoats if given the right encouragement can grow up to be geniuses. (I quoted this from the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”) However, this is most likely true for the glitziest, freshest, and most vibrant collection of New York City art talents. Tracy Von Becker-Legge curated the group show for the Chelsea Eye Art Gallery. This [...]
The visual paintings are arts that we see. This visual art consists of different groups usually we see two dimensional images and flat pictures. Visual design, computer art, paintings comes under visual arts.
When we observe visual arts we stand in one place and watch the art. To perform art we need accessories like stage, [...]
Sam Trioli’s solo exhibition Brumaire recently opened at Howard Yezerski Gallery in Boston, Massachusetts. Sam, a New York City based artist, provided images of the work and comments on the premise behind Brumaire.
The paintings for the exhibition handle the reduction of physical form to present suspended moments of material force. A constant separation of particles [...]
Who controls the visual imagery that we are bombarded with everyday? When do ideas, whether fully materialized or premature whispers of things to come, become ownable? In her solo show “Eat The Youth! & send me a pic…” Amy Hughes Braden explores these questions through mixed media paintings and collages. Braden renders her subjects using [...]
Online Gallery Features Works of Competition Winners, Runners Up and Finalists Across Film, Animation, Photography, and Music
G-Technology, a leading developer of innovative storage solutions engineered specifically to meet the needs of the content creation and Apple® Mac® communities celebrated in TriBeCa, New York City during at a gala opening reception on [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Anonymous Politicians (2009-2012) by David LaChapelle Michael Jackson (2009-2012) by David LaChapelle Paul Kasmin… »
- Yigal Ozeri (artist) and his Brilliant Painting Guests marvel at the hyper realist brilliance of Yigal Ozeri Getting… »
- Faceless but Notable Art by Max Neumann Bruce Silverstein is Back and Better than Ever Bruce Silverstein Gallery… »
- The Weight (front) by Potter Charlotte We know that Holly Golightly had Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Marilyn Monroe sang… »
- Fireworks by Mattia Biagi “Don’t walk under a ladder, it’s bad luck.” / “Break a mirror, seven years bad luck.”… »
- James Kalm was out on a night time recon tour surveying the Chelsea art district, noting the damages and recovery from… »
- American Visual Art at the Marina Tsvetaeva Museum in Moscow New York Realism Fine Art is pleased to present AMERICAN… »
- Slippery by Sayre Gomez at The Hole Installation View Kathy Grayson, proprietor of New York’s hottest gallery space –… »
- The Essential 411 about the show: WHERE: Charles Bank Gallery, 196 Bowery (Bowery and Spring Street), NYC WHAT: COLOR… »
- Arnica 24x36 mixed media on canvas Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught… »