Reception: Wednesday, April 17th from 6 until 8PM
FOLEY is pleased to present Donald Weber’s Interrogations, on view for the first time in the United States.
Interrogations is about a place where justice and mercy and hope and despair are manufactured, bought, bartered and sold; a soundproofed factory where truth is both the final product and […]
Reception: Wednesday, April 17th from 6 – 8PM
FOLEY is extremely pleased to present Sage Sohiers solo photography exhibition About Face.
While most of us assume that our expressions convey our emotions, it seems that the inverse can also be true: our emotions can, in some ways, be influenced by our facial expressions. – Sohier
Sage Sohier examines […]
Piers 92 and 94 on the West Side glared its white light and cube aesthetic to “pop” the bubbly in celebrating a century of the Armory Show. Eric Shiner of the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, PA curated this year’s edition with focus on the POP art movement. You can tell the crowd coming from […]
Undoubtedly the most talked about and sure fire hit of the arts week season of 2013 is only 2 blocks away from the behemoth called Armory. Rosalind Steven has shared the footage from the VIP night held last Tuesday (3/5) and it will make you be immersed in the action. Let’s hope they continue […]
Moving to their new locale at 82 Mercer, VOLTA NY charged up the cobblestone streets of SOHO with its single project per gallery fair. Despite the heavy rain and slush, AF came last Thursday night (3/7) to see what art gems could warm up our fancy. As always VOLTA NY didn’t fail to […]
Life is but a dream when you have choices. Last March 6th, The Hole poised the question and choice to art lovers ready to sink their teeth into Chicken or Beef? This transcontinental survey of figurative painting pitted European and American artists ounce per ounce on the meatiest content there is.
The show curated by Jesper Elg with superbly […]
The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made […]
CHARLES BANK GALLERY presents: Ryan Russo “Out of Context” and Mason Saltarrelli “Port”
Exhibition Dates: Tuesday March 5th – Sunday April 7th
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to introduce two new artists to its program — Ryan Russo and Mason Saltarrelli — with concurrent solo exhibitions by each artist.
Ryan Russo’s work first debuted at Charles Bank Gallery last […]
Photography by Eric Sanchez
Widely regarded for its influential voice in the emerging art market, SCOPE New York 2013 returned featuring 55 international galleries alongside 20 Breeder Program galleries, selected by curatorial panel. Hailing from four continents and eighteen countries, SCOPE exhibitors represent the best and brightest contemporary work from emerging and mid-career artists. These were the best booths in show.
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- (mural with hand and train) Title: M2 Rio De Janeiro, Brasil 2010 courtesy of SIMJEE TEXTOR management Sarah Corona: Hello,… »
- Performance Art That's Fit To Be Tied at (UN)FAIR Unframed at (UN)FAIR Organizers (L-R) Jennifer Wallace of… »
- Alex Slonevsky & Andre Escarameia of Rooster Gallery From championing young emerging talent to showcasing historically… »
- A Photo Op line up at Haworth for the art opening Pursuit by David Mellen It is a celebration of Corporate Art at… »
- An Everyday Art Lover in America at Steven Kasher Gallery Fabulous is an everyday occurence in the art scene in… »
- People Holding Things by Gordon Holden People Holding Things by Gordon Holden “Holding something means you like it.… »
- Hammers Down (installation view) 2013Sam Trioli (left), Sean Lamoureux (right) Sam Trioli Untitled (Heat) 2013Oil on… »
- Cristine Vergano; Parrot, 2012;Oil on hardboard with trompe l'oeil frame; 24 x 24 inches; 61 x 61 cm Michael Alan;… »
- The Brown Black White Opening Night Friends of a ____ space Vander: the cupcake-making, wine-serving, event… »
- The jubilant artists (L-R) Trine Søndergaard and Nicolai Howalt Vermeer Feel as done by Trine Søndergaard Car… »