Frosch & portmann is pleased to present CANNONBALL!, a group exhibition curated by Vicki Sher.
Inspired by the iconic call of summer, the swimmers’ cry of “Cannonball!” as they jump into a pool, this exhibition brings together artists who dive into specific territory while maintaining a playful spirit. The show connects driven and [...]
Mike Cockrill has recently faced an artistic crisis. After nearly forty years of working as a figurative painter, with a background of training at the Pennsylvania Academy of Art, and battling notions of aesthetic good taste with his own weird version of “bad painting”, the unexpected has happened. Cockrill has begun a series of [...]
If Art is the mirror of our time then it should have an unwavering reflection visible on the surface. Last August 2nd at Mike Weiss Gallery, Alex Gingrow had a solo exhibition and it’s a very revealing plus humorous look into the art industry. “All the money IS in the label” and other choice texts managed [...]
In a HIJACKING situation there is the occupation, demanding and taking of hostages. Last August 2, 2012 – Arte Fuse came to Jack Shainman Gallery on 20th Street and encountered a HiJACK-ing in progress. The art handlers have taken over the space and turned the mechanics of an exhibition upside down or rather right side [...]
Don’t be deceived by the appearance of The Tanks work site; underground, the heart of the new extension of the TATE Gallery starts to beat with its new full program of international performance, film, talks and live events.
After the opening of the Serpentine Pavilion, the Swiss architecture duo Herzog and De Meuronhave returned [...]
“Black Box: Exchanges,” is a new initiative dedicated to showcasing solo projects for one evening only. This summer join us every Monday or Thursday for an intimate evening with an exciting group of emerging and mid career artists.
Black Box will provide access to artists whose work emphasizes new media and the latest technologies. Conceived [...]
July 26, 2012 – Neither the grueling heat or the ominous sky worthy of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse crashing down to earth could not stop the art lovers from enjoying the Chelsea Art Walk 2012. Participating galleries hosted receptions and some had openings to draw in the crowd to the white cube sanctity [...]
What a milestone and a difference a year makes. Galerie Richard which is based in Paris, opened its second home in New York last September 2011 right in Chelsea’s Gallery Row on 24th Street. Arte Fuse came to revel in the six artists chosen to be featured and had their solo exhibitions at the gallery [...]
“I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.” – The famous oft quoted line by Groucho Marx comes to mind when we hear of any exclusive and chic members only venues in secret pockets of the city. But when you get an invite to a private [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014
Find us on YouTube
- Working Toward Greater Public Engagement in the Arts, Adam Gross Continues to Serve the Los Angeles Art Community as… »
- Please Watch in HD this opening night of Art Hamptons 2012 art fair in Bridgehampton NY. Videotaped and edited by Color Bar… »
- Reflections is a site specific installation with a mirror foil strip on eye height wrapped around the gallery. A video… »
- Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the… »
- Orchard Windows Gallery is pleased to present Shifting Perception, a solo show of drawings by Colleen Blackard. This… »
- The crowd outside SOHO20 Chelsea Gallery Art lovers bask in the light of all things WOMEN Twist by Jamie… »
- Fitting within Fountain’s penchant for all things street and guerrilla, we are thrilled to partner with Kingbrown to… »
- Curated by arts scholar Elizabeth Rogers, who has lived and studied throughout Asia with mostly the last decade in India,… »
- On Stellar Rays is pleased to announce Brody Condon’s solo exhibition To prove her zeal one woman ate mud., featuring a… »
- httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtGnmy3rIIU&feature=em-uploademail James Kalm risks getting caught in a mid-summer … »