[imagebrowser id=99] Jesse Sanchez is a full time, award winning art director and graduate of The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. He has worked as an Art Director and Designer since graduating in 1985. He has been exhibiting his fine art publicly for over 10 years. His work can be seen [...]
[imagebrowser id=98] Lou is a self taught artist that has been steadily creating an impressive body of work with a portfolio that spans nearly four decades. Lou has been exhibiting his work for 4 years now, with recent shows in upstate NY and two in New York City with more shows to follow. His shows [...]
[imagebrowser id=97] Mike Weiss Gallery presents Bruised and Battered by Dutch artist Piet van den Boog. For his third solo show at the gallery, van den Boog pushes the limits of portraiture by directly confronting emotion head-on by way of large-scale paintings of faces. Oil and acrylic paint make up the flesh tones and [...]
[imagebrowser id=95] NON GRATA is an performance group from Estonia with international members all over the world. The main characteristics of the members are ANONYMITY in group work, and intentional ignorance of local art worlds and mass media.
NON GRATA is a International performance group. To the group belongs around 40 members from mostly from Estonia, [...]
[imagebrowser id=94] Galerie Richard presents the work of Spanish artist, Dionisio Gonzalez, in his New York debut with the photography series “Favelas”. Originally from 2004-2007, this brought Gonzalez international recognition and acclaim.
I entered the space and was immediately drawn to the intricately composed and textured images of the subject matter. Favelas are shantytowns in Brazil [...]
[imagebrowser id=93] “My work narrates the life of a disordered (or hyper ordered) society, with all the clashes and tensions that contemporary life brings. People build walls around themselves to create order and borders. I am interested in showing what happens when we negotiate with so-called realities created by us through our visual vocabulary.: – Vibha [...]
[imagebrowser id=92] After getting a twitter message about this new space called Shoot the Lobster, I added it to my March 22nd Chelsea gallery run. Just the name alone intrigued me and it will be interesting to go to an art space named after a succulent shellfish.
Shoot the Lobster is an independent project space found [...]
[imagebrowser id=91] Touted as “The Man Who Shot the 70’s”, I was eager to see the iconic images and new work by this legend who took portraits of illustrious names in the world especially in the rock and roll arena. CATM usually stages its space ingeniously but based on the strong and bold color treatment of [...]
When apexart approached me about curating an art show on the topic of pornography, it struck me that porn is a difficult thing around which to structure an intelligent dialogue, especially from an art standpoint. Not because art and porn have nothing in common, but because they have so much in common. Whereas [...]
Hionas Gallery is pleased to present Urban Evolution: PORTRAITS PROJECT, from renowned photographer and street artist Burton Machen. In this exhibition, his first in New York City since 2010, Machen has selected a number of works from his bi-coastal Portraits Project (Los Angeles and New York), in which the artist posts [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- James Kalm was one of the young artists and scenesters who hung out at what became the epicenter of the East Village art scene,… »
- Orchard Windows Gallery is pleased to announce Turbulence, the upcoming solo exhibition of sculpture by artist Bernard… »
- At the Armory Show last weekend, one of the galleries we mentioned was OnStellarRays, which is another LES choice… »
- On a very cool almost spring night and also on the weekend of St. Patrick’s bacchanalian drink fest, Arte Fuse ventured… »
- httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Yf5-ifdAs S P E L I O T I Sp h o t o / v i d e o New York / London / Tokyo /… »
- httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7xTkbMhLcQ Erick Sanchez is a visual artist who is now showing his current series… »
- No.3 Magazine, a major contender in fashion and lifestyle trends, launched its uber website on March 8th, 2012 and will… »
- New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, in partnership with the Steinhardt School of… »
- For 14 years, this March event is considered to be the pinnacle of art season in New York City. Artists, galleries, critics,… »
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you check into a hotel - Where’s the ice machine or do they have cable?… »