My first encounter with Haeri Yoo was at a group exhibition back in 2010 at the Chelsea Art Museum (now closed) for “Abstraction Revisited” where she showed with the likes of the abstract greats like Sam Francis, Larry Poons, and Lee Krasner. Her work stood up on its own as I distinctly remembered the vibrant color [...]
Traveling in the blazing heat and mountains of sand can induce you to see a mirage. The hallucinatory vision can be attributed to the unforgiving terrain, which is common in the arid desert but seeing the pictures by George Steinmetz will prove that these landscape scenes exist as nature’s testament to its endless beauty. The [...]
New York, NY – November 17 – Orchard Windows Gallery is pleased to present “Duality of Sand”, a solo show by New York-based photographer Max Noy. Images are on view from December 10th to 16th. Artist reception will be held on Monday, December 10th, 7-9pm.
The still life photographs on display in Duality of Sand depict weathered [...]
New Yorkers have survived the worst kinds of tragedies through one singular tenet: we do what we have to do, and we do it together. Many communities were devastated by Hurricane Sandy, and in the wake of this catastrophic disaster, a small group of New Yorkers have banded together to do what they can to [...]
Exhibition dates: November 17 – December 15, 2012 Opening reception: Saturday November 17th – 6 to 8pm
In collaboration with DEAN PROJECT the Ahl Foundation is pleased to present “Ahl Stars 2012”, an exhibition of work by the winners of the Ninth Annual Visual Arts Competition. The jurors this year were Hyewon Yi, Director [...]
Opening on Wednesday, 5 December 2012 Chelsea Eye & Cosmetic Surgery Associates 157 West 19th Street, New York, New York 10011
Join us for an incredible evening when NYC’s most celebrated Artist & Photographer Superstars come together for a sizzling exhibition! Step inside our French Salon where a full wine reception filled with surprises await you. Red [...]
Louis B. James is pleased to present Michael Hilsman’s first solo exhibition in New York, The Opposite of Love. Hilsman works within the boundaries of painting to examine both art and art-making’s talismanic potential.
The Opposite of Love is comprised of large and small-scale paintings of men, as well as still lives. Hilsman draws from rudimentary source [...]
Munch Gallery is pleased to present ‘Super Powers and Special Abilities’, a solo exhibition by Scooter LaForge. The exhibition will feature new work on canvas, drawing and sculpture.
Among the various pejoratives by which high art casually dismisses what it deems inconsequential, like saying something is pretty, happy is just not one of those words that [...]
Exhibition Dates: November 1 – December 22, 2012
Cheim & Read is pleased to announce an exhibition of recent paintings by Tal R. This is his first exhibition with the gallery. The show will be accompanied by a full-color catalogue with an essay by Matthew Israel.
Tal R was born Tal Rosenzweig in Tel Aviv [...]
How in the world does he do it? Derrick B. Harden seems to do it all. A hip-hop artist, filmmaker, and most notably, art curator – yes indeed, the man is unstoppable. Recently he curated the show “Born [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Manuel Ocampo Nocturnal Emissions of the Limpid Gaze 2012 Manuel Ocampo Untitled 2012 THE VIEW THROUGH THE BULL OF A… »
- When you think of Hawaii, you think about being carefree, and you feel like letting your hair down and enjoying. Now,… »
- Mount Rushmore What do you think of when you think of sculptures? A lot of us immediately envision famous statues like… »
- Allison Schulnik The Queen of lush and juicy paint Allison Schulnik opened up her studio to Beautiful/Decay and Visual… »
- Our planet has experienced thousands of sensational paintings that stand the test of time. These paintings consistently make us… »
- Encounter #2, 2012; Oil on canvas; 72 x 64 inches; 182.9 x 162.6 cm November 3 - December 22, 2012 Artist Margaret Morrison… »
- One doesn't know exactly when a work of art begins neither does one know when it ends. I agree, Aydasara, one only knows… »
- In a new series of large format paintings titled Genesis: Creation & Decadence, Erick Sánchez invites the viewer to… »
- Featured Opening: Henry Leutwyler’s “Ballet” at Foley Gallery Opening - Wednesday, November 28, 6 - 8PM … »
- Barb Choit: Fade Diary at Rachel Uffner Gallery October 28 – December 23, 2012 Rachel Uffner Gallery is pleased to… »