Marking its eighth New York edition, PULSE New York presented 60 national and international galleries exhibiting a blend of emerging and established artists working in all media from photography, painting, and sculpture to performance, installation, and video art.
“The number of outstanding international galleries continues to be one of the fair’s strengths, making PULSE New […]
Approximately 45 galleries and curators presented art, installations, performances, talks, and films in a creative architecturally designed environment allowing each art project to have its own identity and a unique art interaction with the public.
Cutlog NY focuses on showing cutting-edge and established galleries that promote the work of contemporary artists. The fair fosters new relationships […]
Jack Geary Contemporary is pleased to announce the opening of its second exhibition, Federico Cattaneo: Recent Works. On view May 17 through June 9 atSite/109 on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, the show features Cattaneo’s mixed-media paintings that play with the perception of space while confronting the viewer with issues of pictorial representation.
Cattaneo’s intense focus on process and materials generates compositions that imply a […]
Ambre Kelly and Andrew Gori, co-creators of SPRING/BREAK Art Show, New York City’s conceptual curator-driven art fair, bring you MEME art exhibition, a collaboration with the New Museum’s IDEAS CITY festival. Wish Meme Art Exhibition opened Thursday night showcasing over 50 artists in three stories and the back recess yard of Old School at 233 Mott Street in NoLIta. […]
Persol add to their already impressive selection of eyewear with the Reflex Edition, the latest collection of three glasses inspired by classic, vintage cameras. Giuseppe Ratti, founder of the luxury Italian eyewear company began his career as a photographer, and itʼs easy to see where he saw the two worlds of vintage cameras and Persol […]
The Highline Loft Naftali Building
508 W 26th St, 5th Floor, NYC
Opening reception: Thursday, June 6, 2013 6 – 9p.m.
The Highline Loft proudly presents Punctuated History, an exhibition of work from New York based artist Elena Lyakir. Punctuated History combines selected photography from the artist’s “emotionally chronological” ongoing series, with new large-scale photographs […]
The private non-profit foundation, La Maison Rouge presents Under Influences, Plastic arts and psychotropics, a major exhibition which addresses the relationship between artists and psychotropics. I was intrigued by the theme of the exhibit in the conservative French art scene : a show on the influence of drugs in a well established Bastille area museum!
Leaving moral […]
Yang Yi was born in Kaixian in 1971, a small town overlooking a tributary of the Yangtze River. In 2009 Yang’s hometown was completely submerged underwater due to the Three Gorges Dam Project, which displaced over 1.2 million people and destroyed 11 cities. Using photography with digital editing techniques, Yang creates strikingly truthful portrayals of […]
Every Thursday night, hundreds aimlessly and numbly shuffle their way on the cobble stoned streets of gallery row in Chelsea. Resembling zombies but clad in chic Prada or Gucci or the best Indie disheveled couture, they all tumble into the white wall space to gorge on ART. On May 2nd, AF did not have to […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Masque de gorille by Quentin Garel Artist Quentin Garel with his Rhino bust sculpture There is only one dangerous… »
- Eugene Lemay (center) welcomes the AF crew to Mana Contemporary 500 Polaroids of Araki amidst the published books and… »
- TRACEY EMIN a Feeling of Past, 2012 gouache on paper 9.84 x 9.84 inches 25 x 25 cm Tracey Emin's video installation at… »
- Jessica Segall departs often. She departs for far away countries, for uncontaminated places and for those that are not often… »
- Cristina Vergano; The Best of All Possible Worlds, 2009Oil on wood tondo, Trompe l'oeil frame; 42 inch; 106.7 cm/diameter … »
- MaxTwo Vinyle Vernissage The collective exhibit Regards Croisés, lorsque les villes dialoguent or Crossing Visions,… »
- Most of the time, unexpected events are those which are the most interesting. We are often attracted to what is scary.… »
- “From Rome to New York: Signs, Lines and Shapes” Onishi Project presented a collaborative international show with the… »
- Alex Gerson Co-Founder of Gerson Zevi The Seed for Growth Fundraiser for Rwanda: We Haven’t Forgotten You at the Bowery… »
- Welcome to Charles Bank Gallery in the Bowery Angela Kosniewski of Charles Bank - a real gallery girl viewing great art… »