Born in Omaha, Nebraska Elementary school in Cainta Rizal, Philippines High school in Brussels, Belgium College in Springfield, Missouri Started the Austin Figurative Gallery/Project with Chris Chappell in 2006 Student of Alex Kanevsky Follows the rules Richard Diebenkorn wrote for himself on beginning a painting
David has made many of his paintings available in book […]
Over one thousand artists working across disciplines including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and video submitted art on Metrocards to the exhibition. RH Gallery’s entire 3500 square foot space was consumed by tiny works of art reflecting a network of artist communities in New York and beyond. The place was packed and a lot of Metrocards […]
Christian Vincent: Ear to the Ground February 15th-March 16, 2013
Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to announce Ear to the Ground, a new series of paintings by Los Angeles based artist Christian Vincent. Ranging in size from an intimate 24″ x 20″ to an impressive 80″ x 115″, the series envelops viewers with an insidiously magnetic psychological power. […]
The Hole’s current show is amazing showing six major new works by surf legend and artist Herbie Fletcher in the main gallery at 312 Bowery. These artworks are massive and vital, like the huge waves this artist was known for pioneering during his fifty-year plus career as a surfer. These pieces are made from the […]
February 6 – March 1, 2013
James Fuentes is pleased to announce its forthcoming exhibition by Benjamin Senior. Benjamin Senior’s paintings at first sight appear to be tranquil, serene and classical. Their subject matter is innocuous, and uncontroversial; the habits of health, relaxation and leisure within a modern lifestyle. Swimming, Pilates, yoga, jogging […]
My religion makes me a virgin. The glossy magazines make me a whore. To my government, I am a weapon of war.” – Catinca Tabacaru
There are few figurative representations historically that challenge the traditional understanding of gender. Mary Cassatt’s Woman in Black at the Opera (1880) depicting an active, attentive unaccompanied woman and Alice Neel’s nude Self Portrait painted at 80-years old (1980) […]
AF: Where are you originally from?
AC: I am half Swedish and half American. I grew up in Atlanta, GA and spent most summers of my childhood in the Swedish archipelago outside Stockholm.
AF: How did you end up in New York?
AC: It’s New York! This city is magnetic and like so many artists […]
Badlands is the first show to be held in 2013 in the gallery at Poppington. The multi-media exhibition will showcase the work of Evan Brown, Greg Haberny, and Phil. These three artists– a photographer, a painter/sculptor, and a graffiti-writer/ fashion-designer– use their different mediums to explore themes of rebellion, politics, vice, kitsch, and […]
Featuring work by artists: Annell Livingston, Steven Peters, and Erik Patton.
Curated by Kelly Worman
February 21-24th, 2013
Gallery Hours: Friday-Sunday,12-6pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday, February 21st, 6:30-8:30pm
New York, NY- Ground Arts Organization proudly presents M.O. (Modus Operandi), a group exhibition featuring three artists of different disciplines whose work is heavily process driven . Annell […]
It is quite a rare treat to see numerous brilliant stars from a supernova artist and Gagosian Gallery on 24th Street unleashed the brightest one of all: Jean-Michel Basquiat. Featuring over 50 works from public and private collections, it is a must see as AF experienced such powerful and mesmerizing barrage of so many numerous gems […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Photographer Samantha Box photo 1 by Samantha Box “We can’t afford to be innocent / Stand up and face the enemy /… »
- Artist Ayse Wilson The Art of Ayse Wilson at Site 109 Chorus by Ayse Wilson “The pursuit of truth and beauty is a… »
- Sexy is Back this Season Lace and Panties on the Runway Shine and Light Up the Runway Fashion so bright that you… »
- CONTACT: David V. Griffin, Montauk Club Entertainment Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org The Montauk Club to Host a Major… »
- John Selburg - Artist “Emissaries of the Afterglow” The Art of John Selburg “Emissaries of the Afterglow” The… »
- Doug Aitken "100 YRS" at 303 Gallery artist Dough Aitken and friend Doug Aitken "100 YRS" at 303… »
- Paintings by Beatriz Elorza curated by Jose Vidal at St Mary the Virgin Church Artist Beatriz Elorza and curator Jose… »
- Anna Kustera - Gallery Proprietor High Art Almost Reaching the Ceiling at Anna Kustera Gallery Art glows for another… »
- Tracing the Fish Bladder on view: Feb 1st - March 1st 2013 Artists: Guy Ben-Ari, Keren Benbenisty, Andrea Bianconi,… »
- Mask #1 (2012) by Samara Golden EVERMORE On View: February 2 – March 10, 2013 Featured artists: Athanasios… »