Jessica Segall departs often. She departs for far away countries, for uncontaminated places and for those that are not often considered by our modern society. Places that are still inhabited by nomadic communities for which she preserves a special fascination particularly with their total independence from our industrial system in terms of electricity, energy, […]
May 4th – June 30th 2013 Opening Reception: Saturday, May 4th 6-8pm
FEMALENERGY 3 is the third grouping of female artists at Woodward Gallery in almost two decades, harnessing the spiritual energy, intuition and prominent creative insight specific only to women in the arts. Each work carries a special feminine message from the artist to her […]
The collective exhibit Regards Croisés, lorsque les villes dialoguent or Crossing Visions, When Cities Dialogue is presented at the Town Hall of the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It portrays American and French cultural exchanges through the views of French and American cities.
Indeed cities are reflections of ancient or contemporary civilisations. When you ask a […]
Most of the time, unexpected events are those which are the most interesting. We are often attracted to what is scary. And… what no one wants to see is often of importance and deserves to be shown. This is also the case for art; or rather, because of art?!
Interstate Projects Gallery […]
Onishi Project presented a collaborative international show with the Galleria André in Rome, Italy, “From Rome to NY: Signs, Lines and Shapes.” This exhibit, premiering in New York City with a second opening in Rome on May 23, 2013, showcases three Italian artists, two American artists and a Japanese artist whose work re-imagines the geometry […]
The Seed for Growth fundraiser’s mission is to build a primary school in Hope Made Real’s Urukundo Learning Center in the South Province of Rwanda. Hope Made Real is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the most destitute children of Rwanda.
As of today, Hope Made Real’s tremendous actions have led to […]
It has always been my principle that I never dissect the inner motivations and intent of the artist. That in itself is a sacred place where an outsider such as myself can’t claim to understand. What I put down in writing is a visceral reaction that I have to the work displayed before me. Last […]
POUR: an exhibition of nine emerging and well-established artists who explore the possibilities of the pouring technique, expanding from its promise of postwar abstraction into the digital era. Curated by Elisabeth Condon and CarolPrusa, POUR features works by Ingrid Calame, Kris Chatterson, Roland Flexner, AngelinaGualdoni, Carrie Moyer, Carolanna Parlato, David Reed, Jackie Saccoccio, and CarrieYamaoka. Each artist finds a unique way to exploit the pull between thick and thin, […]
Working in mixed media on canvas and acrylic panels, Ian Francis combines abstraction, figuration, and elements of both painting and drawing. For this exhibition, the artist is unveiling over a dozen medium- to large-scale works on canvas and ten smaller works on acrylic that reflect broadly on the experience of television entertainment. Season 1 Episode 0 is […]
Into Gray explores a transitional period in painting for Maldonado. Moving away from organic, tropical forms inspired by her Caribbean roots, Maldonado steps outside of her comfort zone to embrace new techniques and articulating the human experience with color. During this process, the artist encountered feelings of frustration, rage and madness as she deconstructed her […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- (L – R) Colleen Blackard, Zofia Bogusz , Mike Wolf, Rodrigo Valles, and Steve Wasterval Artist Steve Wasterval … »
- May 17, 2013 | 6-8:00pm ART OPENING RECEPTION The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present Elevating the Mundane… »
- Opening Reception: Friday, April 26, 6-8 PM Jacob Love in conversation with Hunter O'Hanian, Museum Director: April 27,… »
- Artist Statement: I love Shakespeare. His works are epic, reproduced over and over again, either directly, or through a… »
- 6X6: A Group Art Exhibition April 26, 2013 - May 10, 2013 Harlem, NY - A Heath Gallery tradition, “6X6” compiles work… »
- Ladies and Gentlemen - it is The Mark Kostabi Show Loving the art nightlife at Mark Kostabi World Artist Mark… »
- The Rhythmic Abstracts of Canan Tolon Guests at the opening for Canan Tolon at Von Lintel Gallery AF streaked by on its… »
- Getting lost amidst the lights at Tanya Bonakdar Gallery (photo by Max Noy) Viewing the Dense Color Photography of Hannah… »
- Fertile Land (2012) 79 x 79 x 3 inches by Sopheap Pich The art aficionados flock to view the unique Southeast Asia art at… »
- 4 Forces Forward Forces (2013) 14x14 inches by Rodolfo Edwards Continuum - a show by Rodolfo Edwards continuum (noun)… »