Francis Alÿs (b. 1959, Antwerp, Belgium) uses poetic and allegorical methods to address political and social realities, such as national borders, localism and globalism, areas of conflict and community, and the benefits and detriments of progress.
Alÿs´s personal, ambulatory explorations of cities form the basis for his practice, through which he compiles extensive and varied [...]
Remi White was born and raised in NYC. The reason he started drawing at the age of 5 was because his older brother actually drew. Sitting there for hours and watching every detail that his brother put on the paper was the start of his passion and love for art. Pursuing art, Remi graduated from [...]
This show features photograms, paintings and an intervention from Kristen Gambel’s new body of work; which is about exploring different mediums and repurposing found objects. There is an underlying theme of color and texture, and how the viewer will feel them.
The Chakra Series
I have admired the arts of Africa since college where I was preparing to be an art historian in the mid 1970’s. When I decided to leave graduate school and pursue a career in sculpture, it was primarily for the reason that I connected viscerally with the art forms rather than intellectually with their study. [...]
The Museum of Contemporary Art presents Art in the Streets, the first major U.S. museum exhibition of the history of graffiti and street art. The exhibition will trace the development of graffiti and street art from the 1970s to the global movement it has become today, concentrating [...]
Trained as an actor at the Jacques Lecoq School in Paris and Dell’Arte School of Physical Theater in California, Colin Gee creates original works for film, performance, and opera. He was a principal clown for Cirque du Soleil from 2001 to 2004 and was featured in Cirque du Soleil’s 2003 production for television, [...]
Jamie Martinez’s triangulism “The Dove”.
Jamie Martinez’s triangulism “Trumpet Girl”
Jamie Martinez’s triangulism “The Moon and Star”.
Jamie Martinez’s triangulism “The Star”.
Jamie Martinez’s triangulism “The Cross”.
Jamie Martinez’s triangulism “The Upside Down Bird”.
“Guilt” a solo exhibition by Jamie Martinez at Orchard Windows Gallery. Guilt explores the obsession that religion has [...]
“Instant Gratification Abstract” is a term I use to describe my art and the style in which I present each piece. Art to me is therapeutic, a way to work through the recent loss of friends, family, and the startling conflictions of atrocities I am currently enduring. All of my work is an expression of myself. I use my emotions to [...]
Having limited amount of materials and practically no funds to purchase more paints, artist Hans Wolf miraculously received over $1,500 in oil paints and brushes, in particular flesh tones needed for his new work “The Carpenter Series”, which will be on display at the New American Art Studio (NAAS) this weekend April 15th, 16th, and [...]
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
James Turrell: “Second Meeting” | “Exclusive” | Art21
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- Front of Site 109 where Jack Geary Contemporary presents Federico Cattaneo On to the more glamorous side of the LES from… »
- Even the Dragon gets into the Street Vibe via skateboard The fine china collection by Sheryo x the Yok at Krause… »
- Venus photo by Olya Turcihin Alright, I know what you’re thinking. AF has gone to the dogs indeed! What are we drinking… »
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »