Last July 11th AF walked into New York’s oldest gallery (founded in 1852) but the works in the group exhibition Contained Conflict were a breath of fresh air and speaking volumes with regards to contemporary ideals on art. Most of the hauntingly beautiful façade of the works throbbed with undercurrents of discord and dissension. This push and pull […]
What is better than a summer block party? You got some tunes blasting out, cold drinks and rollicking company to cool yourself off. However, if it is done in the gallery row of West 24th Street then it is just the best thing ever since refrigeration and ice in a bag. Last July 11th – AF came […]
I tend to be an admirer of gallery spaces that have definite point of view and niche brand approach to their programming. The direction is clear and distinct which in the case of Munch Gallery, one of the pioneering galleries on the Lower East Side, has proven itself consistent in this manner.
For the summer, […]
If you want to plan a cultural evening in one of Europe’s cities, there are a lot of options at your disposal. All you need to do is to decide which city you want to visit, choose the best event and buy a plane ticket. Have a look at the list of cultural events in […]
A MAGICAL EVENING AT FÊTE PARADISO, THE WORLD’S FIRST FESTIVAL
OF VINTAGE CARNVIAL RIDES AND CAROUSELS
Saturday, July 13 on Governors Island in New York City
Hosted by Waël Mechri-Yver (BABEL New York),
Olivier van Themsche (The Cools), Juriël Zeligman (BABEL New York)
and Tristan […]
My photographic work is about architecture as space, as poetry,….
I am interested in investigating the unique identity of space in order to reveal its character, the depth of insight.
My inspiration derives from contradictions, rhythm, darkness, light, structures, material, … I try to explore the symbolic meaning of constructed forms and create […]
Saturday we stopped by Woodward Gallery to see the opening for From the Street Up which is a selection of celebrated urban artists who concentrate their creativity without walls.
On Thursday, June 27 in Chelsea, the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society celebrated its inaugural East Coast art show “Waves of Change”. As the gallery doors opened, the crowd quickly grew to view works donated by over 30 artists from around the world focused mostly on ocean and animal themes.
All’s fair in love but when it comes to business, sometimes it makes for strange bedfellows. However, on the rare occasion that a husband and wife team manages to come together and be in total harmony at home plus work. Meet the co-founders and happy to be working together couple, Jennifer and James Wallace of nAscent […]
Summer is noted as the time when the gallery scene slows down and boards up for the season. The lazy dog days of the temperature-busting climate leave everyone wanting in the quiet days before Labor Day weekend. Shows are riding it out placidly then close with a wisp of faint fond memories in anticipation for […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- The Second AIM Biennial presented by The Bronx Museum of the Arts Sculpture by Jason Peters Paintings by Heidi L.… »
- Another Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Tierney Gardarin Artist Ryan Mosley The British are coming! They are coming to… »
- Van der Plas Gallery on Orchard Street (L-R) Artist Johan Wahlstrom and Gallerist Adriaan Van der Plas The newly opened… »
- Artist Joseph Maida and his photo at the show Perusing the books of the artists at Daniel Cooney Fine Art Water! Water… »
- The Cutting Age opening reception Giorgio Casu Armadillo Cutting, carving, details... those are the words that ispired… »
- "Kink" by Andrea Mary Marshall opens at Anthem Wares "Kink" by Andrea Mary Marshall opens at Anthem Wares "Kink"… »
- Opening for Summer at Station Independent Projects Opening for Summer at Station Independent… »
- AF: Tm it's a pleasure chatting to you about your art. First of all, what made you become an artist? Tm: Thank you. Well, I… »
- Agni Zotis, Lee Wells and Katie Peyton Artists Stephan Fawlkes, Peter Reginato and Joaquin Carter Artist Aynn S.… »
- Artist Joseph Wolf Grazi (L) came to meet Spencer Tunick (R) who had work in the show So much to see and not only the… »