Harlem, NY – A Heath Gallery tradition, “6X6” compiles work in a variety of styles and mediums
from local artists of all professional levels and creative practices with one single unifying factor:
dimensions of 6 inches by 6 inches. In addition, all artwork will be priced at an affordable $100.
Through volume, [...]
Mark Kostabi is a legend and the most prolific of visual artists. His distinct signature work has graced several products, various projects and at some point you’ve seen it. AF got an invite for a taping of his weekly TV show and we trekked the gallery lined streets of Chelsea to go up the studio of [...]
AF streaked by on its usual Thursday jaunts in Chelsea to Von Lintel Gallery on West 23rd to marvel at the paintings by Canan Tolon. Her rhythmic paintings exuded vague impressions of urban landscapes but the sheer-like layered application gave it a nuanced field of abstraction. AF’s newest shutterbug, Olya Turcihin zipped out her camera to catch [...]
Step into a world of light and shade at Tanya Bonakdar Gallery on West 21st Street as its two levels presented works from artists that are distinctively immersive. AF came in on April 18th for a double treat as we explored the first floor to get embraced by the cocoon of shaded lights or rather lantern [...]
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” – Edgar Degas
We’re always told to stay within the lines and that things are ordered or contained to not bleed past those lines. Last April 18th at Tyler Rollins Fine Art, AF came to see the third solo exhibition of renowned Cambodian artist, Sopheap [...]
continuum (noun) 1: A coherent whole characterized as a collection, sequence, or progression of values or elements varying by minute degrees.*
This sounds like Greek to me or a lengthy Algebra equation that I need to find the value of X. Obviously, I detested the following subjects in high school like mathematics, physics, statistics – [...]
Featured Art: Sophia Collier, Francois Clerc, Fabian Burgy, Anton Alvarez, Matt Johnson and Michal Trpak.
Dutch artist Diet Wiegman (1944) is referred to as the ‘art omnivore’ and started an art movement by the same name. Wiegman has a very comprehensive oeuvre and works in a multitude of disciplines. His work is both conceptually and visually intriguing.
As a progressive ceramist, Wiegman acquired fame in the late sixties. Rusted [...]
Paul Thek And His Circle In The 1950s, which for the first time, examines the iconic American artist as a young man, placing him within a group of friends and lovers that provided an adoring audience and creative influence for his earliest works. The exhibition will cover the period of this artist’s work from 1954 to [...]
April 7, 2013
Park Avenue Armory
Last Day of AIPAD 2013
Where can you see iconic photos that you have loved for years etched in your mind’s eyes with something new, and interesting that inspires your soul? The answer is:AIPAD. I look forward to attending AIPAD (Association of International Photography Art Dealers) every year.
This year [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- smart car covered in fallen fruit wall paper Honolulu GREY AREA is pleased to announce its partnership with Smart Car,… »
- Nabil Nahas Studio (2013) photo provided by Sperone Westwater NABIL NAHAS 5 April - 4 May 2013 New York, NY: Sperone… »
- Connoisseur of Cool and avant- hipster, Gordon Holden will be opening his show Times Have Changed, Eat More… »
- Mural of Jean-Michel Basquiat by Randy Bretzin - just outside The Green-Wood Cemetery where he is buried. Jules… »
- Meeting between contemporary Italian art and the American public. This is planet Connecticut. We’re in New London… »
- Wall Text for the Kenny Scharf Show at Paul Kasmin Paul Kasmin (in scarf & wool jacket) in the thick of the action… »
- Gallery Henoch is not under water just the subjects in the Art Artist Eric Zener Watching Her Come Up for Air… »
- The Art of Marisa Merz at Gladstone Gallery Gladstone Gallery during Thursday Art Night in Chelsea Art & Scene in… »
- A Film by Yael Bartana at Petzel Gallery Stunning Night at Petzel Gallery featuring Yael Bartana Bathed in RED can… »
- Current Photos done in Civil War Era Technique Welcome to United Photo Industries in Brooklyn Arcilesi Homberg Fine… »