Sarah Corona: Hello, nice to meet you and thank you for your availability.
SC: To start, just some quick questions, you can chose one of them or give me your own choice:
Do you prefer:Courtesy SIMJEE TEXTOR Management
( ) to split or (x) to combine?
(x) Whisky or ( ) Champagne?
(x) Picasso or [...]
Armory Arts Week began with an edgy opening at the VIP Preview of THE (UN)FAIR last March 5th in a 19th century Hell’s Kitchen building that was kept raw but the art on display was high caliber. Organizers Jennifer Wallace (Co-Founder of nAscent Art New York & Director of Art) and Mikel Glass pulled in close [...]
From championing young emerging talent to showcasing historically significant artists, this gallery crows out of the pack with its unique diversified programming and brand of art. Rooster gallery has been featured by AF last year with Jaro 1: Guy Goldstein / Erin Dunn, Nico: New York, New York by Jerry Schatzberg, and early this year [...]
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Pablo Picasso
When Picasso quoted that line above – I am pretty sure he wasn’t spritzing Windex or cleaning up his studio. Art livens up a space and it is no stretch for artists to create that ambiance pulsing with life. In New [...]
Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
“Holding something means you like it. You don’t have to like it forever. Just at the moment. It does not take emotions to hold on to things, just opposable thumbs.”
People Holding Things is a photo series by conceptual artist Gordon Holden. A selection of the series is now available in limited edition print by [...]
Sean Lamoureux and Sam Trioli first met in the fall of 2004 while they both were attending a small art school in southern New Hampshire. Sean, a photography major, and Sam, studying painting, each possessed the admirable ambitions that young artists often do and craved the fight for art stardom. Even as the years progressed [...]
Our society places great emphasis on detail, but the rare individual pauses long enough to appreciate this specialty. If detail refers to the parts which make up the whole, this exhibition relies on the small elements considered for each unique work of art. The group of Artists are: Michael Alan, Susan Breen, Thomas Buildmore, Deborah [...]
I stopped by Friday night to check out the opening for Brown Black White at a _____ space, which is an arts studio during the weekdays, a popup gallery on the weekends, and an auction house on Monday evenings. Founder and Curator Mike De’Shazer explains: We pick a talented local artist with a unique vision [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- The jubilant artists (L-R) Trine Søndergaard and Nicolai Howalt Vermeer Feel as done by Trine Søndergaard Car… »
- Artist Christopher Bucklow between his works Tetrarch (2011) 60 X 40 by Christopher Bucklow There is something luminous… »
- Opening night for M.O. (Modus Operandi) Exhibition at Ground Arts Opening night for M.O. (Modus Operandi) Exhibition at… »
- Opening for the Leica store in Soho Eli Kurland, owner of Leica Store SoHo Leica Camera, the legendary German camera… »
- Artist Kent Monkman in conversation with Jonathan David KatzArtist Kent Monkman in conversation with Jonathan David Katz… »
- RARE & RAW at Leslie-Lohman Museum RARE & RAW The 2013 Queer Caucus Exhibition for the College Art… »
- Pilar Larraz, Tom Wolfe (middle) Julio Larraz Burt Silverman (Artist) Pilar Larraz What a great opening on February… »
- Dina Brodsky (artist-curator) Photos by Vincent Zambrano Bonnie DeWitt (artist-curator) Opening for "Ladies"… »
- Born in Omaha, Nebraska Elementary school in Cainta Rizal, Philippines High school in Brussels, Belgium College in… »
- Opening for SIngle Fair 3 at RH Gallery Opening for SIngle Fair 3 at RH Gallery Artist Jamie Martinez next to his… »