Dutch artist Diet Wiegman (1944) is referred to as the ‘art omnivore’ and started an art movement by the same name. Wiegman has a very comprehensive oeuvre and works in a multitude of disciplines. His work is both conceptually and visually intriguing.
As a progressive ceramist, Wiegman acquired fame in the late sixties. Rusted [...]
Paul Thek And His Circle In The 1950s, which for the first time, examines the iconic American artist as a young man, placing him within a group of friends and lovers that provided an adoring audience and creative influence for his earliest works. The exhibition will cover the period of this artist’s work from 1954 to [...]
April 7, 2013
Park Avenue Armory
Last Day of AIPAD 2013
Where can you see iconic photos that you have loved for years etched in your mind’s eyes with something new, and interesting that inspires your soul? The answer is:AIPAD. I look forward to attending AIPAD (Association of International Photography Art Dealers) every year.
This year [...]
GREY AREA is pleased to announce its partnership with Smart Car, commissioning the art collective Fallen Fruit for the launch of the all-new Electric Drive. Wrapped in a one-of-a-kind skin designed by Fallen Fruit, this visually striking, fully electric car promises to transform the driving experience. If you’re in the Los Angeles area, [...]
5 April – 4 May 2013
New York, NY: Sperone Westwater is pleased to present an exhibition of new paintings by Nabil Nahas. The artist employs thick layers of acrylic paint and pumice to create colorful, spatially complex paintings with a distinctive tactile quality. According to Nahas, he is exploring the notions of [...]
Connoisseur of Cool and avant- hipster, Gordon Holden will be opening his show Times Have Changed, Eat More Candy on April 26th from 7pm to 10 pm, at – Art on A Gallery. Located at 24 Avenue A, New York City. The Show will run from April 26 through June 7.
“With almost a [...]
Jules Julien Mural on East 3rd st NYC
Bast in Soho
CERN in Williamsburg BK
Chilean artist Cekis with Cern in New York’s Alphabet City.
This is planet Connecticut. We’re in New London and precisely at Provenance Center, one of the most important galleries in the entire New England region. On the occasion of the “Year of Italian Culture” currently underway in the [...]
Bombastic and fantastic – those two words immediately zapped into my thoughts once I walked into the opening of Kenny Scharf’s new exhibition “KOLORS” at Paul Kasmin on 27th Street last April 4th. If you want color and I must confess I am a color fanatic when it comes to art, this is a veritable feast for your senses.
Recent photo-realistic paintings by Eric Zener were showcased last Thursday April 4th at Gallery Henoch. The rippling beauties of underwater scenes are fluid testaments to his amazing talent with other above ground themed paintings juxtaposed the poetic scenes of the everyday. It is simply dramatic, seductive and buoyant in spirit with Zener’s masterful execution. AF and [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- The Art of Marisa Merz at Gladstone Gallery Gladstone Gallery during Thursday Art Night in Chelsea Art & Scene in… »
- A Film by Yael Bartana at Petzel Gallery Stunning Night at Petzel Gallery featuring Yael Bartana Bathed in RED can… »
- Current Photos done in Civil War Era Technique Welcome to United Photo Industries in Brooklyn Arcilesi Homberg Fine… »
- Artist Bedri Baykam Live Breathing Dynamic Art at The Proposition The Fabulous Art Attendees and Duchamp Would Be… »
- Julian Lorber LSD Lavander Raspberry 2012 acrylic paint, soot, archival tape on wood panel 12" x 9" Julian Lorber… »
- Street art around New York. photography by: Olya Turcihin Kobra Kobra Triangulism Triangulism … »
- Oh Yeah! More Pound to the Ounce in Art Some are life-sized and others in miniature scale but there is no denying that… »
- Cole Harrell of nAscent Art up close Real luxury is not about the bling or the brand – it is about that self-indulgent… »
- The new gallery Garis & Hahn at the Bowery Picture Perfect Work of Gwen Hardie at Garis & Hahn Girl Power… »
- Horizon (2013) by Fedele Spadafora Fedele Spadafora: New Paintings Slag Contemporary, Bushwick 56 Bogart… »