Oh my starry-eyed surprise! The photographs were made without negatives or a camera. The Unique group show AF attended last May 30th included the following talents: Matthew Brandt, John Chiara, Pierre Cordier & Gundi Falk, Agnes Eperjesi, Curtis Mann, Klea McKenna, Amanda Means and Floris Neususs. Employing innovative processes and methods sans camera or negatives […]
Photography + Painting + Resin = Bradley Castellanos latest oeuvre at Ryan Lee Gallery with 14 distinctively wild works of brilliance for his show Crossing the Wilds last May 30th. AF came to the gallery on 26th Street and found the very arresting images presented ingeniously and it ranged from a fairytale forest to a desolate apocalyptic landscape. The layers […]
New York-based emerging artist Miya Ando debuts recent work in Mujo (Impermanence), her first solo exhibition at Sundaram Tagore Gallery. A descendant of Bizen sword makers, Ando was raised among sword smiths and Buddhist priests in a temple in Okayama, Japan. Combining traditional techniques of her ancestry with modern industrial technology, Ando skillfully transforms sheets of burnished steel and anodized […]
Can you tell me a bit about where you came from and what influenced you to become an artist?
I was born in Cleveland and raised in Canada on a small island called “Thetis”, I’m basically a feral hick from the sticks who learned the ways of the city later on. It took me forever […]
For those who don’t know El Anatsui, I would describe him as both an artist and a magician. As I was walking through the galleries, I found myself surrounded by colors, shapes and movements. I heard mysterious clinking and saw light reflections that led me away to his wonderful world where milk can tops become […]
The Battle of Carnival and Lent, Judith Schaechter’s new exhibition at Claire Oliver Gallery, tackles one of the most fundamental struggles known to man, the war humankind wages between good and evil. Dancing on the psychological border between spiritual aspiration and human suffering, the Artist questions the association of an environment of confinement/reflection in the name […]
In conjunction with the May release of the beach-bag-size edition of Life’s a Beach, Aperture is presenting an exhibition featuring the best selections from Martin Parr’s beach photography.
Parr has been photographing beaches for thirty years, documenting all aspects of them, including close-ups of sunbathers, rambunctious swimmers caught mid-plunge, and the eternal sandy picnic […]
Thursday night Betsey Johnson, Sandra Bernhard and Taylor Negron joined forces to raise $35,000 for the Women’s Education Project at the Angel Orensanz Foundation on May 23, 2013, hosted by Molecule Communications. The audience of 140 guests came out in their best saris and their generous contributions will support one year of education for […]
A Conversation with Kim Dorland by Vincent Zambrano.
Kim Dorland: Ghosts of You and Me / On View: May 2 – June 8, 2013
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (10 am – 6 pm) & by appt.
Mike Weiss Gallery. 520 West 24th Street. NYC, NY 10011.
June 18, 2013, 7-10PM
The Penthouse at The Standard, East Village 25 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003
On June 18, 2013 from 7-10PM, Fourth Arts Block (FABnyc) will host The Blind Pig, a speakeasy soirée in the penthouse of The Standard, East Village. In true Lower East Side fashion, groovy-meets-chic at this celebration […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- Ombra di Tierra I did a tour of the more serious Parisian galleries last Thursday to discover to my astonishment that… »
- Front of Site 109 where Jack Geary Contemporary presents Federico Cattaneo On to the more glamorous side of the LES from… »
- Even the Dragon gets into the Street Vibe via skateboard The fine china collection by Sheryo x the Yok at Krause… »
- Venus photo by Olya Turcihin Alright, I know what you’re thinking. AF has gone to the dogs indeed! What are we drinking… »
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »