The listing said it was the “Best in Contemporary Art” and we were eager to see if it lived up to the hype. AF came to the second floor space of this gallery on 25th Street in Chelsea and discovered two shows. On one side was the collective Portals of Perception and on the opposite part of the […]
I had a dream. I was floating in the air, surrounded by beheaded sheep, winged lions’ heads, wired birds, and floating castles. The background music reminded me of something that I couldn’t classify, something between the music of a video game and the soundtrack of an action movie. I was continuously feeling emptiness in my […]
What does music look like? When we listen to Miles playing “Bitches Brew” or Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour charming his reverberating guitar on “Time,” what do we see? In his third exhibition at the gallery, the Düsseldorf based photographer explores the possibilities.
We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is […]
Onishi Project is proud to present “Love Saves The Earth”, a solo exhibition by Taizou, a Japanese artist, entertainer and comedian. This is his first exhibition and a debut as an entertainer in the US. This exhibit will be aired as part of the infamous Nippon Television program called “Can we sell this or not!? Special” which is one of the most highly praised and unique shows in Japan.
Deep in the heart of artists, they vie for immortality by the work they leave behind. It will be around long after they turn to dust. It is their thought, process and being locked in that work for all eternity.
Right smack dab in the heart of Midtown Manhattan tourist crazed Times Square is an art gallery at The Church of St. Mary the Virgin (located there for nearly 150 years). Church and art has gone beyond the stained glass masterpieces or the statues on the lavishly embellished altars. Last August 15ththat AF came to […]
Street Art has migrated off the streets and into the fine interiors of galleries or its collectors. The scruffy problem child or enfant terrible has now scrubbed itself clean to claim its place in the pristine white walls of Chelsea’s art district. Last August 7th that Wooster Collective and Jonathan LeVine Gallery presented 10 Years of Wooster Collective: 2003-2013. It was […]
Recent Acquisitions – 2013 displayed more than fifty works of art by more than thirty artists. Paintings, drawings, photography and three-dimensional objects will be included. Work shown will be by Patrick Webb, George Stavrinos, David Wojnarowicz, Doug Blanchard, Duane Michaels, George Towne, Delmas Howe, Sara Swaty, Bernard Perlin, Greg Gorman, Robert Mapplethorpe, Charles Demuth, Johann Joachim Winklemann and […]
BOSI Contemporary is pleased to announce HEAD, curated by Robert Curcio and D. Dominick Lombardi, a summer time exhibition to fill your head with thoughts and images of sex, industry, religion, soul, “reality”, fantasy and uneasiness.
HEAD is an exploration of a physical object, a locus of the personal, contemporary open-ended concepts and concerns. As […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- An Art lover taking a closer look Wayne White Invisible Ruler Acrylic on offset Lithograph, 29 x 53 inches Joshua… »
Brooklyn & Miami Artists Collide in South Beach at ArtCenter/South Florida’s New Mashup: “I-95 South”Kyle Yanagihara, Gustavo Oviedo, Tyler Healy, Susan Caraballo, Dean Levin and Evan Robarts Evan Robarts installing his… »
- "The Future is Now" opening at the Highline Loft The crowd at "The Future is Now" Artist Kimyon Huggins next to his… »
- Art by Mint & Serf at ROX Gallery Gallery director Emerald Fitzgerald (L) with a friend At the #PPP Opening… »
- The weather may be dreary but the guests are colorful at James Fuentes Artist Daniel Subkoff at James Fuentes It all… »
- Application deadline: August 9th, 2013 NLE Curatorial Lab will give emerging curators both the theoretical, practical and… »
- Untitled (#155), 2012 72 ¾ x 53 ⅛ inches, 185 x 135 cm acrylic on canvas by Sven-Ole Frahm at Galerie Richard (from… »
- The Crowd of Artists and Guests Denied Access to the SOTC Opening Over 100 artists were included in an exhibition hosted in… »
- Art Opening Smiles for Spring 2013 AF day trippers come out to Mana Contemporary When I first wrote for Arte Fuse in… »
- Garbage Hunt Growing up in New York City has all the advantages of the most prestigious institutions and the pitfalls of… »