Summer is noted as the time when the gallery scene slows down and boards up for the season. The lazy dog days of the temperature-busting climate leave everyone wanting in the quiet days before Labor Day weekend. Shows are riding it out placidly then close with a wisp of faint fond memories in anticipation for […]
Fantastic opening night for The Second AIM Biennial which begun June 22 by The Bronx Museum on view at The Bronx Museum of the Arts, Wave Hill, and 1285 Avenue of the Americas Art Gallery. Organized by Gabriel de Guzman (Wave Hill Curator of Visual Arts), Elizabeth M. Grady (Guest Curator), and Lia Zaaloff (Bronx […]
The British are coming! They are coming to a gallery near you. Last June 27th, AF attended the first solo exhibition of British painter, Ryan Mosley, for his show “Thoughts of Man” at Tierney Gardarin. Immediately you get the impact of the large-scale paintings with its brilliantly composed scenery, outlandish characters, and saturated colors. What was […]
The newly opened Van der Plas Gallery on the Lower East Side celebrated their first solo artist show’s opening reception entitled “It’s Boring to Die”. It was in a word – humanistic. Walking through this show, one receives an eye-opening experience where each painting emphasizes the value of human beings, individually and collectively.
I spoke […]
Water! Water everywhere! And so much art to drink in. AF took a dip into the refreshing summer show at Daniel Cooney Fine Art entitled “Making Waves” and boy did we also see art that made a splash! The curated show of photography from 15 different artists sparkled with the ever-iconic summertime themes of bare moist […]
Cutting, carving, details… those are the words that ispired Veronica Santi for curating the exhibition „The Cutting Age“ , the second show of a series named „Italian Wave“ at Spazio 522 in Chelsea.
On June 27th, 2013, Anthem Wares transformed its pop-up space on 175 Mott Street in New York City for Kink, an exhibition of self-portrait drawings, photography and video by conceptual artist Andrea Mary Marshall. The work is for sale exclusively at the pop-up and online, alongside featured designers Bliss Lau, Chromat, Fleet Ilya, Zana Bayne, and others.
Photo Story: Opening for Summer at Station Independent Projects
AF: Tm it’s a pleasure chatting to you about your art. First of all, what made you become an artist?
Tm: Thank you. Well, I know it sounds like a cliché, but when looking back on my life I feel we are born with that sense of wonder and the challenge to express ourselves as we […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- Artist Joseph Wolf Grazi (L) came to meet Spencer Tunick (R) who had work in the show So much to see and not only the… »
- Matthew Oates Pineal Oil on canvas16x20 2012-2013 Carol Salmanson Gesture Drawing 13LEDs, wire, plexi, diffusion film,… »
- "I want that inside me" at Feature inc from June 13 - August 2 "I want that inside me" at Feature inc from June 13 -… »
- The paintings of Marian Tubbs looks over the art crowd at Rooster Gallery Last year, AF reviewed Jaro 1 where two Residency… »
- The work of Eamon Ore-Giron at Nicelle Beauchene Gallery Eamon Ore-Giron 'Gravitation II', 2013 Flasche paint on linen 18… »
- SHAG is pleased to announce the upcoming solo exhibition by Sarah Vogwill entitled Centerfolds consisting of banners and… »
- From the Street Up is a selection of celebrated urban artists who concentrate their creativity without walls. For… »
- Opening for Matt Mignanelli & Ryan Wallace: An exhibition of New York curated by Jessica Hodin at Bleecker Street Arts… »
OPENING JUNE 14TH: BACK TO THE FUTURE and LUST IN UNIFORM: Images of Military Homosexuality at The Old Basement GalleryBACK TO THE FUTURE Curated by our co-founder Charles Leslie Back to the FutureCurated by our co-founder Charles… »
- Fired Creations" by Carlo Proietto at Onishi Project June 20 - July 3 2013 Opening Reception: Thursday, June 20, 6-8… »