The private non-profit foundation, La Maison Rouge presents Under Influences, Plastic arts and psychotropics, a major exhibition which addresses the relationship between artists and psychotropics. I was intrigued by the theme of the exhibit in the conservative French art scene : a show on the influence of drugs in a well established Bastille area museum!
Leaving moral [...]
Yang Yi was born in Kaixian in 1971, a small town overlooking a tributary of the Yangtze River. In 2009 Yang’s hometown was completely submerged underwater due to the Three Gorges Dam Project, which displaced over 1.2 million people and destroyed 11 cities. Using photography with digital editing techniques, Yang creates strikingly truthful portrayals of [...]
Every Thursday night, hundreds aimlessly and numbly shuffle their way on the cobble stoned streets of gallery row in Chelsea. Resembling zombies but clad in chic Prada or Gucci or the best Indie disheveled couture, they all tumble into the white wall space to gorge on ART. On May 2nd, AF did not have to [...]
There is only one dangerous breed: HUMANS. – author unknown
Last May 2nd, AF traveled the wild streets of Chelsea to visit Bertrand Delacroix Gallery and came face to face with the creatures drawn and sculpted by French artist,Quentin Garel. The debut solo show, Gueule De Bois, featured works in charcoal and the sculpted large scale works mostly [...]
The best kept secret and brilliant gem of the art world outside of Manhattan got the entire AF team doing a day trip to Chill Town Jersey City to the “Sleeping Tiger” of art centers which is [...]
Definitely one of the iconic artists in contemporary art, Tracey Emin had her fifth solo US show at both locations of Lehmann Maupin. AF came to the Chelsea site and perused the work of this significant artist where the stark nature of her oeuvre still captivated art lovers. On a center table were seven new [...]
Jessica Segall departs often. She departs for far away countries, for uncontaminated places and for those that are not often considered by our modern society. Places that are still inhabited by nomadic communities for which she preserves a special fascination particularly with their total independence from our industrial system in terms of electricity, energy, [...]
May 4th – June 30th 2013 Opening Reception: Saturday, May 4th 6-8pm
FEMALENERGY 3 is the third grouping of female artists at Woodward Gallery in almost two decades, harnessing the spiritual energy, intuition and prominent creative insight specific only to women in the arts. Each work carries a special feminine message from the artist to her [...]
The collective exhibit Regards Croisés, lorsque les villes dialoguent or Crossing Visions, When Cities Dialogue is presented at the Town Hall of the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It portrays American and French cultural exchanges through the views of French and American cities.
Indeed cities are reflections of ancient or contemporary civilisations. When you ask a [...]
Most of the time, unexpected events are those which are the most interesting. We are often attracted to what is scary. And… what no one wants to see is often of importance and deserves to be shown. This is also the case for art; or rather, because of art?!
Interstate Projects Gallery [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- “From Rome to New York: Signs, Lines and Shapes” Onishi Project presented a collaborative international show with the… »
- Alex Gerson Co-Founder of Gerson Zevi The Seed for Growth Fundraiser for Rwanda: We Haven’t Forgotten You at the Bowery… »
- Welcome to Charles Bank Gallery in the Bowery Angela Kosniewski of Charles Bank - a real gallery girl viewing great art… »
- Pour at Asya Geisberg Gallery POUR: an exhibition of nine emerging and well-established artists who explore the… »
- Ian Francis at Joshua Liner Gallery Ian Francis at Joshua Liner Gallery Ian Francis at Joshua Liner Gallery Working… »
- Sofia Maldonado Into Gray at Magnan Metz Gallery from April 26th - June 1st 201 Sofia Maldonado Into Gray at Magnan Metz… »
- (L – R) Colleen Blackard, Zofia Bogusz , Mike Wolf, Rodrigo Valles, and Steve Wasterval Artist Steve Wasterval … »
- May 17, 2013 | 6-8:00pm ART OPENING RECEPTION The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present Elevating the Mundane… »
- Opening Reception: Friday, April 26, 6-8 PM Jacob Love in conversation with Hunter O'Hanian, Museum Director: April 27,… »
- Artist Statement: I love Shakespeare. His works are epic, reproduced over and over again, either directly, or through a… »