Kathy Grayson, proprietor of New York’s hottest gallery space – The Hole, has shared some images of their current shows from two amazing artists (Sayre Gomez & Matthew Stone) and gave her personal insights as well.
Kathy on Sayre Gomez:
“Gomez has filled the gallery with elegant and obtuse paintings, from the dark and perplexing [...]
The Essential 411 about the show:
WHERE: Charles Bank Gallery, 196 Bowery (Bowery and Spring Street), NYC
WHAT: COLOR or COLOUR…, a group exhibition featuring Ben Eine, Lee Baker, Katrin Fridriks, and Michael Bevilacqua.
WHEN: November 27, 2012 – January 31, 2013
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to present this year’s winter group show, Color or Colour …, which features [...]
Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught himself to oil paint around the age of 26 although he spent quite a bit of time writing graffiti as a teen. Painting is not his only profession, though it is his passion. He is a neuroscientist by trade.
Rodrigo is of Mexican [...]
The Vivisector, investigates two bodies of work by Cindy Sherman: the photographic series ‘Sex
Pictures’ (1989-1992) in which the artist examined the body through mannequins and prosthetics, and a
subsequent series of black and white images entitled ‘Broken Dolls’ (1999), depicting dismembered and
reconstructed figurines. The exhibition will contextualise and re-evaluate the [...]
Miquel Gelabert was one of three emerging artists selected to inaugurate the New Artists’ Space at the Fundació Arranz-Bravo (2009), and it is through this association that Franklin Bowles Gallery, along with a number of important collectors, have come to acknowledge and appreciate his work.
Franklin Bowles Gallery (New York) has enjoyed a long and successful relationship with [...]
As proof positive that ART is back indeed at Chelsea’s gallery row that AF came to the re-opening of Galerie Richard. It was one of the galleries that sustained massive water damages and such during Super Storm Sandy. Jean-Luc Richard, the proprietor, was present and related to us the details of the damages which were [...]
Wildlife paintings do not have to be representational. Some of the most exciting new painting of the wildlife takes its form more from Picasso than the pictorially representative, brightly coloured Cubist cows, for instance, or images of beasts of prey where the form of motion and power is more important than a realistic depiction of [...]
Visual artist, Jamie Martinez immigrated to Florida at the age of twelve from his native Cali, Colombia. After attending Miami International University of Art and Design and receiving his Bachelor’s degree in fine art, he then moved to New York to continue his art education at The Fashion Institute of Technology and to follow his [...]
“I found I could say things with shapes and colors I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
Shapes and colors dominated the paintings of Korea based artist Sejin Park for her first New York solo show “Won-Kyung” at Doosan Gallery. AF had the chance to have [...]
My first encounter with Haeri Yoo was at a group exhibition back in 2010 at the Chelsea Art Museum (now closed) for “Abstraction Revisited” where she showed with the likes of the abstract greats like Sam Francis, Larry Poons, and Lee Krasner. Her work stood up on its own as I distinctly remembered the vibrant color [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Arianna Carossa, Rooster Gallery, April 2014
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
- George Steinmetz Paraglider over Mega Dunes, Dasht-e Lut, Iran 2003 The Photographer George Steinmetz Traveling in the… »
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy New York, NY – November 17 – Orchard… »
- Bring back the boardwalks silent auction and fundraiser New Yorkers have survived the worst kinds of tragedies through one… »
- Exhibition dates: November 17 – December 15, 2012 Opening reception: Saturday November 17th - 6 to 8pm In… »
- Opening on Wednesday, 5 December 2012 Chelsea Eye & Cosmetic Surgery Associates 157 West 19th Street, New York, New… »
- Michael Hilsman at Louis B. James Louis B. James is pleased to present Michael Hilsman’s first solo exhibition in New… »
- ‘Super Powers and Special Abilities’, a solo exhibition by Scooter LaForge at Munch Gallery Munch Gallery is pleased to… »
- Tal R Has First Exhibition With Cheim & Read Exhibition Dates: November 1 - December 22, 2012 Cheim & Read is… »
- Dear Derrick & The Band - (Catch 22) from Glen Biltz on Vimeo. Album Cover: Born 4 Porn How in the world does he… »
- Manuel Ocampo Nocturnal Emissions of the Limpid Gaze 2012 Manuel Ocampo Untitled 2012 THE VIEW THROUGH THE BULL OF A… »
Find us on YouTube