Every dog has his day and last September 19th it was David Mitchell who howled and got our sights piqued with his latest show – The Dog Must Howl. The large scale C-Print photographs dominated the space at Jim Kempner Fine Art and with this kind of art that it’s definitely suited for the big dogs. The color fields of […]
We reviewed the Spanish artist, Dionisio González, last year for his show also at Galerie Richard. Last time it was the Favelas in Brazil. Now this is the Halong Series and the infamous Vietnamese locale becomes his canvas for the surrealist photographs he is known for. AF came to a private viewing at the gallery and we were treated to […]
Mode Marteau & Dirty Librarian Chains are pleased to announce September REissue, a Fall shopping event. The opening reception will take place on Thursday September 26th, 6-9pm at Fair Folks & a Goat, 96 West Houston Street in Manhattan.
As New York winds down from Fashion Week, September REissue, an interactive sustainable shopping event, is […]
Pioneering author of female erotica Anais Nin once said, “We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.” I was reminded of this upon first viewing artist kiki de coeur’s quietly devastating moving image piece, Apples of Childhood. With elements of childhood at the forefront, and vapors of unspoken desire and hopelessness gently […]
This years’ opening of the New York Book Fair was packed with people. The exciting annual event for book-lovers and fans of all types of artists’ books, catalogs, monographs, periodicals, and zines, initiated by The Printed Matter has grown to a “must-be-there-event”
The different spaces of MoMa PS1 showcases until Sunday night 283 booksellers, antiquarians, artists, and independent publishers […]
The Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art will kick off its autumn 2013 season by exploring the German painter Sascha Schneider (1870-1927). At the beginning of the 20th Century, Schneider was elevated to a prestigious post at a German university and was one of the most well-known and well-respected public artists of his time. […]
Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC is proud to present Klaus Enrique: The Reaping, a solo show featuring works by New York based artist Klaus Enrique. A series of photographic portraits, Enrique’s creations complicate and investigate notions of the ephemeral.
Utilizing materials such as fruits, vegetables, flowers, and animal remains, Enrique produces glorious human forms and captures them in a rare moment of ripeness, preserving […]
Yes, I used a Janis Joplin song reference (for the young ones who don’t know who Janis Joplin is, well this betrays my old geezer bank of facts) and if so inclined beat me with a tie-dyed shirt and feather boa! AF came out to see the works of Bay area artist Barry McGee at Cheim & […]
My still lifes are made up of objects that fall just short of identifiable. Reminiscent of everyday objects, they fill us with a sense of recognition, but they remain too elusive to name or assign with a function. They could have come from another time, another place, or another world.
The paintings explore […]
New York Realism Fine Art is pleased to present NEW YORK -LONDON, an international fine arts exhibition of American and Worldwide International artists at the HOUSE gallery in London, United Kingdom. Please join us on September 12, Thursday from 7-9 pm for the exhibition’s opening where you can enjoy meeting and communicating with many of the artists.
In this […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Welcome to Von Lintel Gallery for Rosemarie Fiore Opening Reception Explosive Art at Von Lintel Gallery In 7th century… »
- Robert Ryman opening at PACE Gallery on West 25th The work of Irving Penn at PACE Gallery on West 25th Graceful lines… »
- Creation Nation Art Parade for Indiegogo ! from Barat Foundation on Vimeo. This campaign is raising funds on behalf of… »
- Installation view of Before the Sound at Reverol & Co. Contemporary A photo from Before the Sound Artist Vincent… »
- The outside crowd for the opening of "Brand New Again" "Brand New Again" at Con Artist Gallery Artist Jamie… »
- Artist Jamie Martinez next to his work Diesel installation in Union Square artwork for poster by Jamie… »
- Installation shot of Richard Kern's work at Feature Inc. Terry Richardson and Richard Kern face to face Richard Kern… »
- Cameras in Bloom at Bosi Contemporary (JM) A Young Art Aficionado looking at work by Derrick Adams in Louis B. James… »
- "Confessions of a Cuban Sex Addict" by Michelangelo Alasa' Michelangelo Alasa' was born in La Habana, Cuba. As an actor… »
- Opening for Daniele Davitti's "Immaculate Decay" at Tazza Gallery Artist Daniele Davitti and Curator Veronica Santi For… »