Moving to their new locale at 82 Mercer, VOLTA NY charged up the cobblestone streets of SOHO with its single project per gallery fair. Despite the heavy rain and slush, AF came last Thursday night (3/7) to see what art gems could warm up our fancy. As always VOLTA NY didn’t fail to [...]
Life is but a dream when you have choices. Last March 6th, The Hole poised the question and choice to art lovers ready to sink their teeth into Chicken or Beef? This transcontinental survey of figurative painting pitted European and American artists ounce per ounce on the meatiest content there is.
The show curated by Jesper Elg with superbly [...]
The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made [...]
CHARLES BANK GALLERY presents: Ryan Russo “Out of Context” and Mason Saltarrelli “Port”
Exhibition Dates: Tuesday March 5th – Sunday April 7th
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to introduce two new artists to its program — Ryan Russo and Mason Saltarrelli — with concurrent solo exhibitions by each artist.
Ryan Russo’s work first debuted at Charles Bank Gallery last [...]
Photography by Eric Sanchez
Widely regarded for its influential voice in the emerging art market, SCOPE New York 2013 returned featuring 55 international galleries alongside 20 Breeder Program galleries, selected by curatorial panel. Hailing from four continents and eighteen countries, SCOPE exhibitors represent the best and brightest contemporary work from emerging and mid-career artists. These were the best booths in show.
Sarah Corona: Hello, nice to meet you and thank you for your availability.
SC: To start, just some quick questions, you can chose one of them or give me your own choice:
Do you prefer:Courtesy SIMJEE TEXTOR Management
( ) to split or (x) to combine?
(x) Whisky or ( ) Champagne?
(x) Picasso or [...]
Armory Arts Week began with an edgy opening at the VIP Preview of THE (UN)FAIR last March 5th in a 19th century Hell’s Kitchen building that was kept raw but the art on display was high caliber. Organizers Jennifer Wallace (Co-Founder of nAscent Art New York & Director of Art) and Mikel Glass pulled in close [...]
From championing young emerging talent to showcasing historically significant artists, this gallery crows out of the pack with its unique diversified programming and brand of art. Rooster gallery has been featured by AF last year with Jaro 1: Guy Goldstein / Erin Dunn, Nico: New York, New York by Jerry Schatzberg, and early this year [...]
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Pablo Picasso
When Picasso quoted that line above – I am pretty sure he wasn’t spritzing Windex or cleaning up his studio. Art livens up a space and it is no stretch for artists to create that ambiance pulsing with life. In New [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- An Everyday Art Lover in America at Steven Kasher Gallery Fabulous is an everyday occurence in the art scene in… »
- People Holding Things by Gordon Holden People Holding Things by Gordon Holden “Holding something means you like it.… »
- Hammers Down (installation view) 2013Sam Trioli (left), Sean Lamoureux (right) Sam Trioli Untitled (Heat) 2013Oil on… »
- Cristine Vergano; Parrot, 2012;Oil on hardboard with trompe l'oeil frame; 24 x 24 inches; 61 x 61 cm Michael Alan;… »
- The Brown Black White Opening Night Friends of a ____ space Vander: the cupcake-making, wine-serving, event… »
- The jubilant artists (L-R) Trine Søndergaard and Nicolai Howalt Vermeer Feel as done by Trine Søndergaard Car… »
- Artist Christopher Bucklow between his works Tetrarch (2011) 60 X 40 by Christopher Bucklow There is something luminous… »
- Opening night for M.O. (Modus Operandi) Exhibition at Ground Arts Opening night for M.O. (Modus Operandi) Exhibition at… »
- Opening for the Leica store in Soho Eli Kurland, owner of Leica Store SoHo Leica Camera, the legendary German camera… »
- Artist Kent Monkman in conversation with Jonathan David KatzArtist Kent Monkman in conversation with Jonathan David Katz… »