Close your eyes, imagine the scent and taste of the cool yet damp stagnant summer air while walking the grounds outdoors in the evening. Recall the seemingly invisible yet actual traces of the viscous and ethereal line-work left behind by a small arachnid awaiting your unexpected disturbance. [Untitled] Mulberry [...]
Now in its new digs at The Tunnel in Chelsea at 11th Avenue & 28th Street, the Affordable Art Fair Fall 2012 Edition had a preview party on October 4th. ARTE FUSE got a sneak peek and threw ourselves into the melee of art lovers to see some familiar and new exhibitors at the fair. With over [...]
For No Age Noah Becker and David Goodman present a levy of works, each standing uniquely as oppositions and conceptually co-dependent within the margins of time and human creation. As age naturally applies definition and form to existence, No Age rallies a particularly youthful manor amid a fringe of documentation and repurposing. To quote the band No Age from [...]
Sexuality and death are interlaced seamlessly with the latest works of Pat Andrea for his show “IRREALISM” at Bertrand Delacroix Gallery. With an internationally acclaimed forty-year artistic career, Andrea presented his magical realist and neo-expressionist works with skillful and colorful depictions of men and women in the ever sensual dynamics teetering between life and death.
“I think good art happens on that edge between comfortable and in a lot of pain, you know what I mean?” ~ Liz Phair
“The world can only be grasped by action, not by contemplation. The hand is the cutting edge of the mind.” ~ Diane Arbus
“I think the rock’n’roll myth of living on [...]
Virginia Martinsen’s paintings are the result of pours of gesso, oil paint, linseed oil and traditional painting mediums onto raw canvases and wood panels. By exploiting the intrinsic properties of paint, her work explores the physicality of the mediums used to create a painting; as opposed to mediums that [...]
How does a painting go from the personal archives of an artist to being part of a collection being shown in two different countries? Today’s provenance of an artwork takes on an interesting journey. Let’s look at the work Balance by Jamie Martinez.
Origins: Balance was created by Martinez for a late September 2011 show at Orchard Windows [...]
Foley is pleased to present the first New York solo exhibition of Los Angeles based artist David Trulli.
Trulli states, Humans are adaptable creatures, yet we often adapt our surroundings to us instead of adapting to our surroundings. When the world gets too complex, we try to disguise it to fit some past era, some [...]
Deviating from the usual chaos of my work, Pretty-Cute embraces a temporary moment of calm. Basking in the lightness of love and warmth, the subjects, either in repose or standing, gaze dreamily into the windows and their surroundings. No longer fighting with their keepers, the creatures here become part of the background, allowing the figures [...]
Born in California but currently residing and creating his art in New York, Michael Bevilacqua’s prolific body of works are known for being “diaries” on canvas. In his earlier series, the play and use of vibrant colors in endless combinations were trademarks. His last show covered by AF in Chelsea at Kravets | Wehby last [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Ben Eine, Judith Charles Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- VOLTA NY MARCH 7-10, 2013 VOLTA NY, taking place from Thursday, March 7 through Sunday, March 10, is thrilled to… »
- Fahamu Pecou, artist Everything is cool at Lyons Wier Gallery (L - R) Fahamu Pecou and Michael Lyons Wier (L-R)… »
- Matt Bahen Installation View at Munch Gallery Matt Bahen Installation View at Munch Gallery Matt Bahen: The Weight of… »
- LES Art Walk action at frosch & portmann Magnolia Laurie (artist) at frosch & portmann Perusing the work at… »
- Sexual desire is sexual desire and its force, in an individual's psychology, is independent of the ultimate Darwinian… »
- Close to having had enough. Close to having just enough. Close to not having enough. This exhibition references states of… »
- Steve Ellis, artist Irina Gusin (left), Director of External Affairs for gallery nine5 Home is where the heart is as… »
- Hero and Leander (2011) by Teresita Fernández Under the blanket of the Night Sky at Lehmann Maupin “I’d rather… »
- It’s back – the Affordable Art Fair where art lovers walk away with irresistible deals and great art! New Location,… »
- Stephen Powers, Artist YOU are at the center of the Art World Joshua Liner Gallery presents the works of Stephen… »