Fitting within Fountain’s penchant for all things street and guerrilla, we are thrilled to partner with Kingbrown to launch their 8th issue, co-curated and designed by Morning Breath, at New York’sKlughaus gallery. Opening to the public July 26th, 2012 from 7-10pm, Klughaus Gallery: 47 Monroe Street NYC, NY. Featuring live painting, [...]
Curated by arts scholar Elizabeth Rogers, who has lived and studied throughout Asia with mostly the last decade in India, this exhibition features the work of three photographers and one videographer in an exploration of the interplay between East and West, the spiritual and material, human culture and natural terrain. Photography by Robert A. Schaefer, [...]
On Stellar Rays is pleased to announce Brody Condon’s solo exhibition To prove her zeal one woman ate mud., featuring a two-channel HD video installation commissioned by The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, on view July 15, 2012 – February 24, 2013.
Brody Condon’s work addresses the over-identification with fantasy prevalent in American culture. With [...]
James Kalm risks getting caught in a mid-summer thunderstorm, and bikes to Manhattan’s West Side to view the opening of “Claxons”. Along the way he witnesses the “Push Pop Girls” proclaiming they are the “Last Real Feminists” in their official protest against the “white male capitalist hierarchy suppression”. Curated by Walter [...]
When art attacks, it encompasses all territory with the intent of saturation. Last July 14th at Art Hamptons, POWERPLAY took over 13 acres and all the facilities of Hayground School in Bridgehampton, NY. There were 40 artists, 25 sculptures, and 15 installations covering the entire vicinity at various points.
POWERPLAY invites the viewers to question [...]
Conception came back stronger than ever with its 4th installment after a three month hiatus. Each Conception event has stepped its game up to higher and higher levels.
The dynamic trio of Rachel Wilkins and Mike Wolf, two artists that had shown together for years before starting Conception events, combined with the business and legal [...]
There is something palpably nostalgic and bittersweet when referring to something as a “lost art”. On July 12th, Arte Fuse ventured down into a very innovative gallery situated on Clinton Street to rediscover a lost art but touching on contemporary themes. Recession Art at CULTUREfix presented a solo exhibition by Tate Foley entitled “100% Stratification [...]
In art, execution is very direct when an artist uses oils and acrylic to paint, utilizes a camera for a photo image, and chisels marble or granite to form a sculpture. What if the materials on hand were mixed and used unconventionally? Showcasing this idiom of creation was the summer group show at Charles Bank Gallery [...]
Project “o” started in order to expand the possibilities of imperfect beauty in art, by visual director Ai Kobayashi and sound composer Maria Takeuchi.They have found beauty in the unsharpen that provides many possibilities to grow human’s imagination beyond a completed creation.Each project starts with a selection [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- "BalaSole is a hybrid creature. It's part dance company and part showcase for aspiring dancer/choreographers. Where… »
- BROOKLYN, NY — Weldon Arts is pleased to present Four Borough, a solo exhibition of works by Cassius Fouler.… »
- This month Manifold Editions highlights a selection of works by three renowned artists, from early in their career:… »
- WED July 11th 2012, 6pm - late 22 WARREN ST, NEW YORK CITY Conception Events and Downtown Express cordially invite you… »
- This Must Be the Place is pleased to present a solo exhibition of photographs by Julia Gillard. “Greetings from… »
- Lehmann Maupin Gallery is pleased to present Friends with Benefits, a group exhibition on view 28 June - 10 August… »
- On a balmy summer day, Arte Fuse made the trek off the corner from the New Museum to Dodge Gallery on Rivington… »
- Naive art is misunderstood by most. Its main classification is anchored by the seemingly simplistic / childlike content… »
- Call for Artists Project Title: “Island Girls: The Female Figurative” Project Overview: 720 Creation… »
- “Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the way in which he exists, to… »