February 6 – March 1, 2013
James Fuentes is pleased to announce its forthcoming exhibition by Benjamin Senior. Benjamin Senior’s paintings at first sight appear to be tranquil, serene and classical. Their subject matter is innocuous, and uncontroversial; the habits of health, relaxation and leisure within a modern lifestyle. Swimming, Pilates, yoga, jogging [...]
My religion makes me a virgin. The glossy magazines make me a whore. To my government, I am a weapon of war.” - Catinca Tabacaru
There are few figurative representations historically that challenge the traditional understanding of gender. Mary Cassatt’s Woman in Black at the Opera (1880) depicting an active, attentive unaccompanied woman and Alice Neel’s nude Self Portrait painted at 80-years old (1980) [...]
AF: Where are you originally from?
AC: I am half Swedish and half American. I grew up in Atlanta, GA and spent most summers of my childhood in the Swedish archipelago outside Stockholm.
AF: How did you end up in New York?
AC: It’s New York! This city is magnetic and like so many artists [...]
Badlands is the first show to be held in 2013 in the gallery at Poppington. The multi-media exhibition will showcase the work of Evan Brown, Greg Haberny, and Phil. These three artists– a photographer, a painter/sculptor, and a graffiti-writer/ fashion-designer– use their different mediums to explore themes of rebellion, politics, vice, kitsch, and [...]
Featuring work by artists: Annell Livingston, Steven Peters, and Erik Patton.
Curated by Kelly Worman
February 21-24th, 2013
Gallery Hours: Friday-Sunday,12-6pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday, February 21st, 6:30-8:30pm
New York, NY- Ground Arts Organization proudly presents M.O. (Modus Operandi), a group exhibition featuring three artists of different disciplines whose work is heavily process driven . Annell [...]
It is quite a rare treat to see numerous brilliant stars from a supernova artist and Gagosian Gallery on 24th Street unleashed the brightest one of all: Jean-Michel Basquiat. Featuring over 50 works from public and private collections, it is a must see as AF experienced such powerful and mesmerizing barrage of so many numerous gems [...]
“We can’t afford to be innocent / Stand up and face the enemy / It’s a do or die situation – we will be invincible.” – Pat Benatar “Invincible” (1985)
That particular line in the song came to mind upon viewing the photographs by Samantha Box for her show Invisible at Strange Loop Gallery on Orchard Street [...]
“The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.” – Albert Einstein
In art it has always been the pursuit of beauty and finding our own truth within its context. AF got confronted with these matters last February 7th at Site/109 on Norfolk [...]
Wearable art in full glory happens twice a year and February at this time of the month is the Spring/Summer 2013 Fashion Week bringing warm toasty feelings in this blustery winter of New York City. Last February 7th, AF attended the gilded Rococo enclave of Griffin at 50 Ganseevort Street for a night of fashion [...]
CONTACT: David V. Griffin, Montauk Club Entertainment Committee: email@example.com
The Montauk Club to Host a Major Panel on Social Media, February 13, 7 PM
The Montauk Club is pleased to announce a major panel on social media, February 13, 7 PM, in the club’s historic ballroom.
Social marketer Caroline McCarthy, currently on the [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- John Selburg - Artist “Emissaries of the Afterglow” The Art of John Selburg “Emissaries of the Afterglow” The… »
- Doug Aitken "100 YRS" at 303 Gallery artist Dough Aitken and friend Doug Aitken "100 YRS" at 303… »
- Paintings by Beatriz Elorza curated by Jose Vidal at St Mary the Virgin Church Artist Beatriz Elorza and curator Jose… »
- Anna Kustera - Gallery Proprietor High Art Almost Reaching the Ceiling at Anna Kustera Gallery Art glows for another… »
- Tracing the Fish Bladder on view: Feb 1st - March 1st 2013 Artists: Guy Ben-Ari, Keren Benbenisty, Andrea Bianconi,… »
- Mask #1 (2012) by Samara Golden EVERMORE On View: February 2 – March 10, 2013 Featured artists: Athanasios… »
- Deukyun “Sunny” Hwang, AF photographer, is also a video artist and does interesting projects based on human reaction.… »
- Artist Mark Dean Veca Quod Me Solliciti (What, Me Worry) 2012 by Mark Dean Veca “Order is repetition of units. Chaos… »
- Blizzard, 2003 20 x 24 inches Chromogenic print Reception: Wednesday, March 6 from 6 - 8PM FOLEY is… »
- Recently, Google Maps has updated and expanded its exploration capabilities and visibility of world map by making North Korea… »