The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made [...]
CHARLES BANK GALLERY presents: Ryan Russo “Out of Context” and Mason Saltarrelli “Port”
Exhibition Dates: Tuesday March 5th – Sunday April 7th
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to introduce two new artists to its program — Ryan Russo and Mason Saltarrelli — with concurrent solo exhibitions by each artist.
Ryan Russo’s work first debuted at Charles Bank Gallery last [...]
Photography by Eric Sanchez
Widely regarded for its influential voice in the emerging art market, SCOPE New York 2013 returned featuring 55 international galleries alongside 20 Breeder Program galleries, selected by curatorial panel. Hailing from four continents and eighteen countries, SCOPE exhibitors represent the best and brightest contemporary work from emerging and mid-career artists. These were the best booths in show.
Sarah Corona: Hello, nice to meet you and thank you for your availability.
SC: To start, just some quick questions, you can chose one of them or give me your own choice:
Do you prefer:Courtesy SIMJEE TEXTOR Management
( ) to split or (x) to combine?
(x) Whisky or ( ) Champagne?
(x) Picasso or [...]
Armory Arts Week began with an edgy opening at the VIP Preview of THE (UN)FAIR last March 5th in a 19th century Hell’s Kitchen building that was kept raw but the art on display was high caliber. Organizers Jennifer Wallace (Co-Founder of nAscent Art New York & Director of Art) and Mikel Glass pulled in close [...]
From championing young emerging talent to showcasing historically significant artists, this gallery crows out of the pack with its unique diversified programming and brand of art. Rooster gallery has been featured by AF last year with Jaro 1: Guy Goldstein / Erin Dunn, Nico: New York, New York by Jerry Schatzberg, and early this year [...]
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Pablo Picasso
When Picasso quoted that line above – I am pretty sure he wasn’t spritzing Windex or cleaning up his studio. Art livens up a space and it is no stretch for artists to create that ambiance pulsing with life. In New [...]
Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
“Holding something means you like it. You don’t have to like it forever. Just at the moment. It does not take emotions to hold on to things, just opposable thumbs.”
People Holding Things is a photo series by conceptual artist Gordon Holden. A selection of the series is now available in limited edition print by [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Hammers Down (installation view) 2013Sam Trioli (left), Sean Lamoureux (right) Sam Trioli Untitled (Heat) 2013Oil on… »
- Cristine Vergano; Parrot, 2012;Oil on hardboard with trompe l'oeil frame; 24 x 24 inches; 61 x 61 cm Michael Alan;… »
- The Brown Black White Opening Night Friends of a ____ space Vander: the cupcake-making, wine-serving, event… »
- The jubilant artists (L-R) Trine Søndergaard and Nicolai Howalt Vermeer Feel as done by Trine Søndergaard Car… »
- Artist Christopher Bucklow between his works Tetrarch (2011) 60 X 40 by Christopher Bucklow There is something luminous… »
- Opening night for M.O. (Modus Operandi) Exhibition at Ground Arts Opening night for M.O. (Modus Operandi) Exhibition at… »
- Opening for the Leica store in Soho Eli Kurland, owner of Leica Store SoHo Leica Camera, the legendary German camera… »
- Artist Kent Monkman in conversation with Jonathan David KatzArtist Kent Monkman in conversation with Jonathan David Katz… »
- RARE & RAW at Leslie-Lohman Museum RARE & RAW The 2013 Queer Caucus Exhibition for the College Art… »
- Pilar Larraz, Tom Wolfe (middle) Julio Larraz Burt Silverman (Artist) Pilar Larraz What a great opening on February… »