The newly opened Van der Plas Gallery on the Lower East Side celebrated their first solo artist show’s opening reception entitled “It’s Boring to Die”. It was in a word – humanistic. Walking through this show, one receives an eye-opening experience where each painting emphasizes the value of human beings, individually and collectively.
I spoke […]
Water! Water everywhere! And so much art to drink in. AF took a dip into the refreshing summer show at Daniel Cooney Fine Art entitled “Making Waves” and boy did we also see art that made a splash! The curated show of photography from 15 different artists sparkled with the ever-iconic summertime themes of bare moist […]
Cutting, carving, details… those are the words that ispired Veronica Santi for curating the exhibition „The Cutting Age“ , the second show of a series named „Italian Wave“ at Spazio 522 in Chelsea.
On June 27th, 2013, Anthem Wares transformed its pop-up space on 175 Mott Street in New York City for Kink, an exhibition of self-portrait drawings, photography and video by conceptual artist Andrea Mary Marshall. The work is for sale exclusively at the pop-up and online, alongside featured designers Bliss Lau, Chromat, Fleet Ilya, Zana Bayne, and others.
Photo Story: Opening for Summer at Station Independent Projects
AF: Tm it’s a pleasure chatting to you about your art. First of all, what made you become an artist?
Tm: Thank you. Well, I know it sounds like a cliché, but when looking back on my life I feel we are born with that sense of wonder and the challenge to express ourselves as we […]
As the Fahrenheit rises, layers of clothes come off and nothing says summer like bare-naked flesh. Flowers Gallery on 20th Street bared it all with the recent group photography show, Under My Skin – Nudes in Contemporary Photography, which opened last June 20th and curated by Mona Kuhn. AF wandered into a well-packed and paced reception as everyone took […]
Sexual innuendo intended butt not limited to. its knot just about sticking xxx things in dwn xxx there, its also abt up here where we are sticking !!! things nside ourselves and others 24/7. r willing and enormous capacity to deliver and receive. eyes, ears, nose, mouth holes are open, feeding and being fed. we […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The paintings of Marian Tubbs looks over the art crowd at Rooster Gallery Last year, AF reviewed Jaro 1 where two Residency… »
- The work of Eamon Ore-Giron at Nicelle Beauchene Gallery Eamon Ore-Giron 'Gravitation II', 2013 Flasche paint on linen 18… »
- SHAG is pleased to announce the upcoming solo exhibition by Sarah Vogwill entitled Centerfolds consisting of banners and… »
- From the Street Up is a selection of celebrated urban artists who concentrate their creativity without walls. For… »
- Opening for Matt Mignanelli & Ryan Wallace: An exhibition of New York curated by Jessica Hodin at Bleecker Street Arts… »
OPENING JUNE 14TH: BACK TO THE FUTURE and LUST IN UNIFORM: Images of Military Homosexuality at The Old Basement GalleryBACK TO THE FUTURE Curated by our co-founder Charles Leslie Back to the FutureCurated by our co-founder Charles… »
- Fired Creations" by Carlo Proietto at Onishi Project June 20 - July 3 2013 Opening Reception: Thursday, June 20, 6-8… »
- VOLTA 9 Basel VOLTA 9 Basel VOLTA’s ninth Basel edition at Dreispitzhalle confirms again its quality in terms of… »
- Artist Peter Gronquist It is a Safari of opulence at ArtNowNY Apologies for the cheesy title but that opulent period… »
- KAWS “GISWIL” at More Gallery KAWS “GISWIL” at More Gallery KAWS “GISWIL” at More… »