I did a tour of the more serious Parisian galleries last Thursday to discover to my astonishment that Nature is back as a trend!
David Rosenberg proposed a flower theme itinerary (Je sème à tout vent) with 11 galleries throughout Paris.
I recommend the show Le Corps d’un jardin (The Garden’s Body) by Giuseppe Penone [...]
Just coming from a young and edgy art opening half an hour earlier, AF came to the more finessed and nuanced enclave of Site/109 for the opening of Federico Cattaneo. The Recent Works of oil paintings in the abstract style done on found wood, upholstery canvas and silk panels populated the gallery space on Norfolk Street. Jack Geary Contemporary has [...]
Street art is appreciated by the young and those hungry for something anti-establishment. Artists in this genre go by their TAG name and never show their face for obvious reasons. There is something exciting, fresh and subversive about following this kind of art. Last May 16th on the Lower East Side, Krause Gallery held the first [...]
Alright, I know what you’re thinking. AF has gone to the dogs indeed! What are we drinking in our water cooler? By now, you should know that we go for the unconventional so here it is – AF’s very first Q & A with a canine and four-legged celebrity in the art scene. My encounter [...]
Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of non-editioned photography. Often made without negatives or a camera, the exhibited work is created with unique and diverse techniques that result in one-of-a-kind photographs. The included artists represent several generations, including Pierre Cordier and Floris Neusüss, who have been pioneers in the field [...]
In her first NYC solo show entitled, The Other World, Ventiko explores the tumultuous and unknown terrain between waking expectations and private dream perversions. Drawing inspiration from Italian Renaissance paintings, she creates a busy canvas of religious iconography, alternative scenarios where perspectives collapse, almost as if to imply an element of trickery or deceit for the dreamer. Her use [...]
Ilona Szwarc’s “American Girls” June 5th- July 3rd
Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm
“The American Girls doll series speak to the ideals, dreams and opportunities liberating young American girls helping to define them as young women. “
Foley is pleased to present the first New York solo exhibition of photographer Ilona Szwarc.
Ilona Szwarc’s ‘American Girls’, [...]
Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from Pennsylvania State University in 2012. She currently lives and works in State College, PA. Although she earned her BFA in drawing and painting, the plurality of her work is generated with a camera. Using photography, ink washes, and line, her images are in search of [...]
Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone dreams of their knight in shining armor to save them and the pageantry of it all is a fixation of masculine ideals still held subconsciously. One artist dared to ride into battle to explore this revered ideal of masculine pageantry. Karen Heagle presented her [...]
The decade that roared out Jazz and decadence is back in full fashion. From the recent premiere of Baz Luhrnann’s remake of The Great Gatsby to its overflow into fashion trends (Prada and Brooks Brothers made the costumes for the movie), the 1920’s got a reboot of its own at Something in Mind for its [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »
- The booth for Galerie Dix9 (R) Bruno Hadjadj Director of cutlog Approximately 45 galleries and curators presented… »
- FEDERICO CATTANEO: RECENT WORKS Jack Geary Contemporary is pleased to announce the opening of its second… »
- Co-creator and artist Andrew Gori Ambre Kelly and Andrew Gori, co-creators of SPRING/BREAK Art Show, New York City’s… »
Enter the Persol Reflex Photo contest and win a trip for two to Venice and a brand new Leica M-E to capture every moment.Persol Reflex Edition Photo Contest Persol add to their already impressive selection of eyewear with the Reflex Edition,… »
- The Highline Loft Naftali Building 508 W 26th St, 5th Floor, NYC Opening reception: Thursday, June 6, 2013 6 –… »
- Jason Rhoades (1965 - 2006) Neon light mounted on orange translucent Plexiglas, wire, lace, transformer. 2003 17.2 x 47 x… »