In her first NYC solo show entitled, The Other World, Ventiko explores the tumultuous and unknown terrain between waking expectations and private dream perversions. Drawing inspiration from Italian Renaissance paintings, she creates a busy canvas of religious iconography, alternative scenarios where perspectives collapse, almost as if to imply an element of trickery or deceit for the dreamer. Her use [...]
Ilona Szwarc’s “American Girls” June 5th- July 3rd
Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm
“The American Girls doll series speak to the ideals, dreams and opportunities liberating young American girls helping to define them as young women. “
Foley is pleased to present the first New York solo exhibition of photographer Ilona Szwarc.
Ilona Szwarc’s ‘American Girls’, [...]
Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from Pennsylvania State University in 2012. She currently lives and works in State College, PA. Although she earned her BFA in drawing and painting, the plurality of her work is generated with a camera. Using photography, ink washes, and line, her images are in search of [...]
Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone dreams of their knight in shining armor to save them and the pageantry of it all is a fixation of masculine ideals still held subconsciously. One artist dared to ride into battle to explore this revered ideal of masculine pageantry. Karen Heagle presented her [...]
The decade that roared out Jazz and decadence is back in full fashion. From the recent premiere of Baz Luhrnann’s remake of The Great Gatsby to its overflow into fashion trends (Prada and Brooks Brothers made the costumes for the movie), the 1920’s got a reboot of its own at Something in Mind for its [...]
The New Art Dealers Alliance opened the second edition of NADA New York at a new location, Pier 36 at Basketball City located at 299 South Street on the East River. The second edition showcases over 70 international galleries from 29 cities representing 13 countries. NADA’s non-profit model has always been a flexible and adaptable one, which continues to respond to the needs of its exhibitors and the art [...]
What started out as a London art magazine has now become one of the leading international contemporary art fairs. Now in its second edition in New York, Frieze Art Fair graced Randall’s Island for its massive presentation of over 185 galleries in the largest free standing structure in the U.S. built in two weeks and [...]
Marking its eighth New York edition, PULSE New York presented 60 national and international galleries exhibiting a blend of emerging and established artists working in all media from photography, painting, and sculpture to performance, installation, and video art.
“The number of outstanding international galleries continues to be one of the fair’s strengths, making PULSE New [...]
Approximately 45 galleries and curators presented art, installations, performances, talks, and films in a creative architecturally designed environment allowing each art project to have its own identity and a unique art interaction with the public.
Cutlog NY focuses on showing cutting-edge and established galleries that promote the work of contemporary artists. The fair fosters new relationships [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- FEDERICO CATTANEO: RECENT WORKS Jack Geary Contemporary is pleased to announce the opening of its second… »
- Co-creator and artist Andrew Gori Ambre Kelly and Andrew Gori, co-creators of SPRING/BREAK Art Show, New York City’s… »
Enter the Persol Reflex Photo contest and win a trip for two to Venice and a brand new Leica M-E to capture every moment.Persol Reflex Edition Photo Contest Persol add to their already impressive selection of eyewear with the Reflex Edition,… »
- The Highline Loft Naftali Building 508 W 26th St, 5th Floor, NYC Opening reception: Thursday, June 6, 2013 6 –… »
- Jason Rhoades (1965 - 2006) Neon light mounted on orange translucent Plexiglas, wire, lace, transformer. 2003 17.2 x 47 x… »
- Carsten Hîller Amanite Fluorescente2004 The private non-profit foundation, La Maison Rouge presents Under Influences,… »
- Uprooted #4 by Yang Yi at Galerie Richard Yang Yi's Uprooted opens at Galerie Richard Yang Yi was born in Kaixian in… »
- Artist Kim Dorland Zombies (2013) by Kim Dorland - Oil and acrylic on jute - 72 x 96 in Every Thursday night, hundreds… »
- Masque de gorille by Quentin Garel Artist Quentin Garel with his Rhino bust sculpture There is only one dangerous… »
- Eugene Lemay (center) welcomes the AF crew to Mana Contemporary 500 Polaroids of Araki amidst the published books and… »