There are a few surprises in life like finding a gem in your own backyard. This would be MANA Contemporary in Jersey City, NJ. You say – What? There’s ART outside of Manhattan! Yes, there is. In a recent statistical survey on a national scale, Jersey City ranked #10 as one of the Top Cities [...]
August 1-30, 2012
August 3, 2012
At the West Park Art Gallery
165 West 86th Street
New York, NY 10024
The gallery is located inside the West Park Presbyterian Church on the [...]
The first time I met this captivating creature was on a building elevator on 26th Street while on my way to an art after party last February. She was the earthly embodiment of something heavenly in the sky as she was struggling with art supplies while on her way to her rented studio. This was [...]
Yossi Milo Gallery is pleased to present The Skin We’re In, a group exhibition featuring the work of Lindsay Lawson, João Enxuto & Erica Love, Stephen Prina, Jon Rafman and Mark Tribe. The exhibition will be on view from August 2 – 31, 2012.
In his 1859 essay presaging the stereograph craze, Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote that, “Every conceivable object [...]
Frosch & portmann is pleased to present CANNONBALL!, a group exhibition curated by Vicki Sher.
Inspired by the iconic call of summer, the swimmers’ cry of “Cannonball!” as they jump into a pool, this exhibition brings together artists who dive into specific territory while maintaining a playful spirit. The show connects driven and [...]
Mike Cockrill has recently faced an artistic crisis. After nearly forty years of working as a figurative painter, with a background of training at the Pennsylvania Academy of Art, and battling notions of aesthetic good taste with his own weird version of “bad painting”, the unexpected has happened. Cockrill has begun a series of [...]
If Art is the mirror of our time then it should have an unwavering reflection visible on the surface. Last August 2nd at Mike Weiss Gallery, Alex Gingrow had a solo exhibition and it’s a very revealing plus humorous look into the art industry. “All the money IS in the label” and other choice texts managed [...]
In a HIJACKING situation there is the occupation, demanding and taking of hostages. Last August 2, 2012 – Arte Fuse came to Jack Shainman Gallery on 20th Street and encountered a HiJACK-ing in progress. The art handlers have taken over the space and turned the mechanics of an exhibition upside down or rather right side [...]
Don’t be deceived by the appearance of The Tanks work site; underground, the heart of the new extension of the TATE Gallery starts to beat with its new full program of international performance, film, talks and live events.
After the opening of the Serpentine Pavilion, the Swiss architecture duo Herzog and De Meuronhave returned [...]
“Black Box: Exchanges,” is a new initiative dedicated to showcasing solo projects for one evening only. This summer join us every Monday or Thursday for an intimate evening with an exciting group of emerging and mid career artists.
Black Box will provide access to artists whose work emphasizes new media and the latest technologies. Conceived [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- Check out Ryan McGinley's video for The Icelandic band Sigur Rós.… »
- July 26, 2012 - Neither the grueling heat or the ominous sky worthy of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse… »
- What a milestone and a difference a year makes. Galerie Richard which is based in Paris, opened its second home in New… »
- “I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.” – The famous oft quoted line… »
- Working Toward Greater Public Engagement in the Arts, Adam Gross Continues to Serve the Los Angeles Art Community as… »
- Please Watch in HD this opening night of Art Hamptons 2012 art fair in Bridgehampton NY. Videotaped and edited by Color Bar… »
- Reflections is a site specific installation with a mirror foil strip on eye height wrapped around the gallery. A video… »
- Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the… »
- Orchard Windows Gallery is pleased to present Shifting Perception, a solo show of drawings by Colleen Blackard. This… »
- The crowd outside SOHO20 Chelsea Gallery Art lovers bask in the light of all things WOMEN Twist by Jamie… »