The goal of Tashi Norbu, as an artist, mirrors the goal many Tibetans have, especially those who live in exile or those living as a kind of ‘occupied’ people in China. How do you preserve the meaning and beauty of Tibetan culture, not only in occupied territory, but in a ‘globalized’ economy where cheap and [...]
New York, NY – Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Frank Hyder: Afterglow, a solo exhibition featuring new works by Philadelphia-based artist Frank Hyder. The exhibition will commence with an opening reception on Wednesday, March 19 from 6-8PM in the gallery at 262 Mott Street.
Concurrent with his solo exhibition, Hyder will be participating [...]
Ancient Series by Zeren Badar
I’m hugely influenced by Dadaism and neo-Dadaism for this photography project. In this photography project, I explore a peculiar combination of photography, painting & collage. I create three dimensional collages with found objects, food and cheaply printed old paintings. I turn pre-existing works of art into Duchampian [...]
IFAC Headquarters at The Yard is currently showing Family Affairs: an incestuous avant-garde survey of art featuring a wide array of work by modern and contemporary masters juxtaposed alongside new and re-emerging artists championed by the consortium. With a strong focus on painting, the circles of influence are wide and far reaching yet centered around our city home: in the immigrant [...]
Wallplay and IFAC are proud to present Separation Anxiety, an ongoing campaign of collaborative exhibitions that discuss art and the fine line which bridges technology and society in the super-modern age. Affirming itself as a juggernaut, Separation Anxiety is the exhibition that never ends.
Serendipity happens rarely but when it does, the thrill and indulgence can be paramount. Walking down the gallery row of Orchard Street, AF came upon an opening and it was arresting enough at the front window where a baby doll is caught in a trance in front of a TV set. “You must go inside”, [...]
What is your everyday reality when you have 200 missiles aimed around you and ready to be deployed at any moment? This is but one of the questions touched on by Israeli artist, Shony Rivnay, for his exhibition Soft Corps that opened last March 4th. Consisting of paintings, photography, video and sculptures that Rivnay just shed a more [...]
In his current show at Chambers Fine Art, Xie Xiaoze seems to combine two major trends in contemporary art. He seems to combine super-realist tendencies with tendencies to incorporate text or textual materials into visual art pieces.
In his “Both Sides Now” series, Xie Xiaoze paints newspaper front pages in which you can see the [...]
Jeffrey Gibson (Feb 23 – March 23) and Sam Jinks (March 8 – March 23) at Marc Straus
Jeffrey Gibson’s paintings and sculptures are inspired by the traditional craft and modern arts of Native American cultures. His sense of pride and desire to reclaim ownership of these histories counter the potentially negative connotations of craft that [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014
Find us on YouTube
- Jeffrey Gibson at Marc Straus Luscious in RED at VOLTA NY Gallery Poulsen presents Alfred Steiner Back in its SOHO… »
- The crowd at Fountain Art Fair 2014 Adrienne Moumin - Artist - Looking up at her piece at top The Fountain Art Fair… »
- Welcome to The (UN)FAIR Back for its second edition and it is better than ever. The (UN)FAIR presents art in a very cool… »
- Red Baskets (2013) by Peter Campus Dredgers (2013) by Peter Campus This is Video Art that is aesthetically a beautiful… »
- "Speak to Me about...Healthcare!" at Paul Kolker Gallery Paul Kolker has one of the coolest gallery spaces in all of… »
- Jamie Martinez & his art at CLIO Art Fair Reflect on the art of Rodolfo Edwards The first week of March in New York… »
- RAN HWANG: THE SNOWFALL OF SPIDERS AT LEILA HELLER GALLERY To the Japanese samurai, cherry blossoms represented a good… »
- (L) Director Kristin Sancken and (R) co-founder/curator Anastasiya Siro of the House of the Nobleman The curator has… »
- Opening reception for Jordan Kantor Tableaux – (noun, plural) 1: a graphic description or representation: 2: a… »
- Careful now, it better not chew on the equipment Guess from what Animal Kingdom this is Taxidermy du jour kicks ass… »