In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first edition copy of Steinbeck’s ‘Travels with Charley’ (1960), which LaForge occasionally read out loud seeing that the radio of the car didn’t work. They stopped periodically, wherever they felt like it, and […]
Molly Krom Gallery is a newcomer on the Lower East Side: it moved here from Beacon, Upstate New York, a little more than a year ago. The gallery mostly works with emerging artists or artists who have not exhibited much in New York – such as Elise P. Church, whose show is on view until […]
You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show at Louis B. James, the ground floor consists of pieces dedicated to Davenport’s childhood hero, Mike Tyson. In the basement-level gallery there are a number of pieces dealing with the culture […]
Katya Grokhovsky is an Ukrainian/Australian artist based in New York and works across disciplines including performance, video, installation, photography, sculpture, drawing and painting. It was a pleasure to speak with her and learn about her artwork, influences and exhibitions. She is definitely an artist to watch!
Arte Fuse: When did you first become interested in […]
CLIO ART FAIR returns for its 2nd year in NYC March 5th – 8th at 508-526 West 26th Street (5th and 9th floors). CLIO ART FAIR is a curated fair exhibiting 49 Worldwide Artists.
In the beginning, there was nothing but darkness till a lone mighty voice said, “LET THERE BE LIGHT!”. It can be the command of God or you just paid your utility bill then they switched your power on. Nevertheless, no one wants to be in the dark and most certainly not in the art world. […]
Urban life moves in milliseconds that it is impossible to capture and freeze even for a minute. However, Hungarian born and Berlin based artist, Adam Magyar has perfected bending the conventions of time and distilled images that are captured in perpetuity with his latest show Kontinuum which opened last February 12th. AF came to be […]
A penny for your thoughts and a dime for your every word as they say. Last February 12th, there was lots to say at the group exhibition, If These Walls Could Talk, which featured artists that use text as the main component of self -expression. The show includes a selection of prints, photographs, sculpture. and […]
Alto saxophonist and composer, Rudresh Mahanthappa can pinpoint his musical transformation to when — with the ears of an elementary schoolboy — he first heard a recording of alto bop great, Charlie “Yardbird” Parker. Quite some decades later, in an offering of gratitude and admiration, Rudresh composed and produced Bird Calls (ACT), a musical love […]
Join the United States Society for Education through Art (USSEA) at the Queens Museum in New York at USSEA’s Regional Conference, July 17-19, 2015. Registration and proposal submissions are now available on the USSEA website: http://ussea.net/conference/ussea-conference/ USSEA has partnered with the traveling arts project, An Inclusive World, an exhibition of art by artists of […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Bridges to Bridges series by Olya Turcihin Drawings by James Frederic Artist Olya Turcihin Bridges to Bridges… »
- Boris Gorelick, Sweatshop Mabel Dwight, Danse Macabre Chinese artists are soon going to be required to spend one month… »
- Umbo, Mystery of the Street Andre Kertesz, Fork Something happened to photography in the early years of the 20th… »
- LA Initiative Benefit Auction, 2014 (L-R) Allison Galgiani with Peter Hort About the Rema Hort Mann Foundation (from… »
- The weathering process is the first thing that grabbed me about Eric Holzman’s amazing new landscape paintings at Lori… »
- Portrait painting owes its most meaningful possible impact to our ability to discern character traits and emotional… »
- Ho-ho-ho for Art at Postmasters Gallery Postmasters Gallery presents Ryder Ripps Artist Ryder Ripps Postmasters… »
- Thursday Art Night at Dillon Gallery The eyes have it in the work of Santiago Ydanez Artist Santiago Ydanez The… »
- The art crowd at Winston Wachter Gallery The image transformed in the work of Margeaux Walter Artist Margeaux… »
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »