Step into a world of light and shade at Tanya Bonakdar Gallery on West 21st Street as its two levels presented works from artists that are distinctively immersive. AF came in on April 18th for a double treat as we explored the first floor to get embraced by the cocoon of shaded lights or rather lantern [...]
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” – Edgar Degas
We’re always told to stay within the lines and that things are ordered or contained to not bleed past those lines. Last April 18th at Tyler Rollins Fine Art, AF came to see the third solo exhibition of renowned Cambodian artist, Sopheap [...]
continuum (noun) 1: A coherent whole characterized as a collection, sequence, or progression of values or elements varying by minute degrees.*
This sounds like Greek to me or a lengthy Algebra equation that I need to find the value of X. Obviously, I detested the following subjects in high school like mathematics, physics, statistics – [...]
Featured Art: Sophia Collier, Francois Clerc, Fabian Burgy, Anton Alvarez, Matt Johnson and Michal Trpak.
Dutch artist Diet Wiegman (1944) is referred to as the ‘art omnivore’ and started an art movement by the same name. Wiegman has a very comprehensive oeuvre and works in a multitude of disciplines. His work is both conceptually and visually intriguing.
As a progressive ceramist, Wiegman acquired fame in the late sixties. Rusted [...]
Paul Thek And His Circle In The 1950s, which for the first time, examines the iconic American artist as a young man, placing him within a group of friends and lovers that provided an adoring audience and creative influence for his earliest works. The exhibition will cover the period of this artist’s work from 1954 to [...]
April 7, 2013
Park Avenue Armory
Last Day of AIPAD 2013
Where can you see iconic photos that you have loved for years etched in your mind’s eyes with something new, and interesting that inspires your soul? The answer is:AIPAD. I look forward to attending AIPAD (Association of International Photography Art Dealers) every year.
This year [...]
GREY AREA is pleased to announce its partnership with Smart Car, commissioning the art collective Fallen Fruit for the launch of the all-new Electric Drive. Wrapped in a one-of-a-kind skin designed by Fallen Fruit, this visually striking, fully electric car promises to transform the driving experience. If you’re in the Los Angeles area, [...]
5 April – 4 May 2013
New York, NY: Sperone Westwater is pleased to present an exhibition of new paintings by Nabil Nahas. The artist employs thick layers of acrylic paint and pumice to create colorful, spatially complex paintings with a distinctive tactile quality. According to Nahas, he is exploring the notions of [...]
Connoisseur of Cool and avant- hipster, Gordon Holden will be opening his show Times Have Changed, Eat More Candy on April 26th from 7pm to 10 pm, at – Art on A Gallery. Located at 24 Avenue A, New York City. The Show will run from April 26 through June 7.
“With almost a [...]
Jules Julien Mural on East 3rd st NYC
Bast in Soho
CERN in Williamsburg BK
Chilean artist Cekis with Cern in New York’s Alphabet City.
This is planet Connecticut. We’re in New London and precisely at Provenance Center, one of the most important galleries in the entire New England region. On the occasion of the “Year of Italian Culture” currently underway in the [...]
Bombastic and fantastic – those two words immediately zapped into my thoughts once I walked into the opening of Kenny Scharf’s new exhibition “KOLORS” at Paul Kasmin on 27th Street last April 4th. If you want color and I must confess I am a color fanatic when it comes to art, this is a veritable feast for your senses.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »