Robert Indiana is concurrently featured with traveling exhibitions at The Whitney Museum of American Art (Retrospective) and The Munson Proctor Arts Institute. Woodward Gallery is delighted to be among these prestigious institutions, and will unveil Part II of Robert Indiana’s new body of work, “Icons”, on paper and canvas in November and December 2013.
MIAMI— Rafael Domenech, a visual arts college junior from New World School of the Arts, will exhibit his body of work in an exhibition entitled Symplectic Structures. His first solo show in Miami, it explores the process of deconstruction in an effort to arrive at the foundation of once recognizable objects. Working on a numerous [...]
The New God exhibition featuring a collection of photographs by Elizabeth Waugh is currently on display at Wallplay in New York City. The show consists of six photographic prints; 12 digital installations presented on screen displays; projections on the Wallplay building façade; and an ongoing digital experience accessible online at WWW.THENEWGOD.COM.
All signs pointed to Joshua Liner Gallery last October 24th for the opening of ICY Signs – Perfection is Standard, Mistakes Cost Extra. What a cool idea to bring you into the world of the most colorful and talented sign painters for its entire run in the gallery space so you can witness the razor sharp skills [...]
One of the art world’s clear supernova of a star, Richard Serra, presented recent large scale etchings for his show Levels, Weights and Rifts 2008-20013 with an opening at Gemini G.E.L. at Joni Moisant Weyl last October 24th. Subdued darkness, elegant and monumental were the adjectives of the works on display which complimented the art audience that milled about. [...]
As the Daft Punk’s catchy chorus on that song, “I’m up all night to get lucky!” Well AF did start the night with a fortunate choice last October 24th at Margaret Thatcher Projects with the ninth solo show of William Steiger entitled what else? - LUCKY. Referencing New York with its slivers and shadows of crisp outlines of the [...]
The Write of Passage opening on October 18 was full of every sort of alternative crowd imaginable. There were hipsters, skaters, art kids, nerds, street kids, punks, and artists, artists, artists. Everywhere I turned I saw people who were genuinely interested in the exhibit. There were engaging conversations beneath the amazing mix of 80’s [...]
AF went over the hills, through the woods and dived into the gritty bosom of the LES for the second solo exhibition of Seth Michael Forman at frosch & portmann last October 17th. Over the Hills featured intimate, wry and rich colored landscapes of New England by Forman to illustrate a fanciful fable.
Falls Village Bear Scare (2009-2013) featured a man [...]
It is Halloween month and we stopped by Krause Gallery for some skulls. AF came to the show of Noah Scalin entitled Natural Selection last Oct. 17th. The diptych in the series featured a deceased scientist and the skull representation based on the branch of science or component that related to them. Per the artist sharing his process, the [...]
Tables were set last October 17th at Feature Inc. where we walked into the reflective mirrored tables and the plethora of glass art by David Shaw for Eat Out. The sculpture glass with tree branches poking straight up from the tables gave it a fairy tale ambiance as if Hansel and Gretel walked through the woods of Waterford Crystal. [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- Dirt surfing 15x11 (watercolor on paper) Gradient 2 13x9 (oil on panel) Dominicana 14.5x8.5 (watercolor on… »
- Balancing new growth by Amy Casey at Foley Gallery Cities are made up of communities, their geography formed by the… »
- Mayson Gallery Introduces New York-based Artist Collective, Awakening the Optic Mayson Gallery Introduces New York-based… »
- Ryan Mcgennisken Animalia 2013 RYAN MCGENNISKEN PERSECUTORY 2013 Ryan Mcgennisken Kehotti 2 2013 Artist… »
- The crowd at the opening of RePopRoom hand-made one of a kind skateboards by Francesca DiMattio. Orly Genger and… »
- SLICK fair aims to bring together the vitality of younger galleries with that of more established galleries, working both with… »
- The crowd at the opening for #DocDotMov with Marcos Kuzka and Raul Mourão at Bikinis Salon After two previous pop-ups,… »
- Gathering to marvel at the work of Thomas Eggerer at Petzel Gallery Artist Thomas Eggerer You’ve heard of grand… »
- Graphite Drawing by Guy Goldstein featured in Jaro 1 Back in May 31, 2012 – my very first visit to now one of my favorite… »
- Thursday Art Night at Mixed Greens Don't tickle or it will sneeze by Hans Van Meeuwen Just another art night at Mixed… »