Hilda Abla is an inspiring artist that challenges the media stereotypes of beauty by creating bold naked paintings of her own nudity. Living and working amidst Beirut and New York, Hilda, aka Hildos, not only develops her art, but has been able to inspire thousands of men and women through her TED talk on art, body, and self-acceptance.
The abstract patterns that were often displayed among depictions of wild animals, in ancient cave art, had been a real mystery to anthropologists for generations. Then, one fine day, an anthropologist in Africa was allowed to drink a hallucinogenic drug while entering into a trance induced by chanting, drumming and dancing. He soon realized that [...]
We’ve been covering art shows for a couple of years now and once in a while we enjoy going to an area that we haven’t explored. Last Friday, Arte Fuse went to the Upper East Side to attend the opening of Magical Thinking at Gallery Rene Mele located on East 75th street. I enjoyed the walk down [...]
AF coined “the gritty bosom” for the Lower East Side and now we ended up last June 12th at “the exquisitely exfoliated cleavage” of the Upper East Side for Summer Art Festival 2014 held at the $65 million Waterfall Gallery and Mansion. All floors were filled with established and emerging artists that showed technical prowess in line with artistic might. [...]
Jack of all trades and master of FUN – that should be a great description of what this artist does and for his first solo show with the gallery, well, it sure is a variety of works and the hits just kept on coming. AF came to the opening of Thomas Campbell for Ampersand and he showed paintings and [...]
The quick glance of something familiar and fear that builds knowing it’s something else. Those are the idioms and conventions that the artist Alison Brady has tried to convey with the images in her photography. AF came to the opening of what should remain secret last June 12th and found scenes captured by this artist are very revelatory of our [...]
My paintings are intended as a locus for the exploration of visual sensation and a mindful state of being. They operate as provocative invitations for the viewer to go past their minds normal conceptions, yet maintain their own relationship to mindfulness and looking. I have a studied experimental mode of work; it is not aimed at perfection, but rather discovery.
“Beauty always offers its own form of seduction” — Elizabeth George
Beauty is my inspiration. My goal is to combine the ultimate search for the ideal with the personal emotional rebirth. My art making practice embraces the painting tradition I was trained in while scratching to break out of it. Painting surface, luscious and seductive, [...]
As a possible descendant of Carl Friedrich Gauss (the Prince of Mathematicians, the inventor of non-Euclidean geometry and the creator of a 17-sided polygon – this was once big news in the field of geometry), I was compelled to see the show of work by Sydney Blum, at Kim Foster Gallery, called ‘Fuzzy Geometry.’
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Harold Ancart Nikolas Gambaroff, Double (G), 2013, bronze and shirt, 74 x 55 inches (124,5 x 58,4 cm) At Clearing… »
- The Lodge Gallery - Mating Season - Opening Reception The Lodge Gallery - Mating Season - Opening Reception The Lodge… »
- Blue Gorilla by Renelio Marin oil on canvas 24 x 48 inches Bloomsburg Self Portrait by Rebecca Morgan graphite & oil… »
- When you walk into the William Holman Gallery on the Lower East Side you almost immediately see a large striking photo of… »
- Piers Bourke Lick My Rear (Blue Pink) 2012 Acrylic and ink on collaged photographic print Piers Bourke Frank the Buffalo… »
- Yangyang: Down the Rabbit Hole at Madelyn Jordon Fine Art Good Day Escape, 2014, oil, charcoal and pastel on linen, 30 x… »
- Colorful work and characters on Thursday Art Night Close detail of work by Franklin Evans The studio is where it’s at… »
- Guests at Peter Martensen opening at BDG Artist Peter Martensen at his opening in Bertrand Delacroix Gallery The… »
- Louise Lawler at Metro Pictures Massive and striking at Metro Pictures featuring Louise Lawler Picture in a picture… »
- Richi DeBonis' NOWtet Adam Kolker & Greg Gisbert The tiny meadow across from Red Hook Terminal is the site of… »