The Seed for Growth fundraiser’s mission is to build a primary school in Hope Made Real’s Urukundo Learning Center in the South Province of Rwanda. Hope Made Real is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the most destitute children of Rwanda.
As of today, Hope Made Real’s tremendous actions have led to [...]
It has always been my principle that I never dissect the inner motivations and intent of the artist. That in itself is a sacred place where an outsider such as myself can’t claim to understand. What I put down in writing is a visceral reaction that I have to the work displayed before me. Last [...]
POUR: an exhibition of nine emerging and well-established artists who explore the possibilities of the pouring technique, expanding from its promise of postwar abstraction into the digital era. Curated by Elisabeth Condon and CarolPrusa, POUR features works by Ingrid Calame, Kris Chatterson, Roland Flexner, AngelinaGualdoni, Carrie Moyer, Carolanna Parlato, David Reed, Jackie Saccoccio, and CarrieYamaoka. Each artist finds a unique way to exploit the pull between thick and thin, [...]
Working in mixed media on canvas and acrylic panels, Ian Francis combines abstraction, figuration, and elements of both painting and drawing. For this exhibition, the artist is unveiling over a dozen medium- to large-scale works on canvas and ten smaller works on acrylic that reflect broadly on the experience of television entertainment. Season 1 Episode 0 is [...]
Into Gray explores a transitional period in painting for Maldonado. Moving away from organic, tropical forms inspired by her Caribbean roots, Maldonado steps outside of her comfort zone to embrace new techniques and articulating the human experience with color. During this process, the artist encountered feelings of frustration, rage and madness as she deconstructed her [...]
The Unknown Show opened April 5th at the Space Gallery, featuring the artwork of:
May 17, 2013 | 6-8:00pm ART OPENING RECEPTION
The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present Elevating the Mundane featuring the photography of Frank Burgel and Jeffrey Ben Berman. This exhibition will run from May 17 – June 21, 2013 with an opening reception on Friday, May 17 from 6-8:00 p.m.
Elevating the Mundane exemplifies the [...]
Opening Reception: Friday, April 26, 6-8 PM
Jacob Love in conversation with Hunter O’Hanian, Museum Director: April 27, 2-3 PM
The Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art is pleased to present London-based photographer Jacob Love’s STATES on view twenty-four hours a day in the street level Wooster St. Window Gallery [...]
Artist Statement: I love Shakespeare. His works are epic, reproduced over and over again, either directly, or through a parallel universe where the ideas are the same, only the words and faces have changed. In my series, I focus on specific words and faces, taking specific moments in time, layering the feelings that go with [...]
Harlem, NY – A Heath Gallery tradition, “6X6” compiles work in a variety of styles and mediums
from local artists of all professional levels and creative practices with one single unifying factor:
dimensions of 6 inches by 6 inches. In addition, all artwork will be priced at an affordable $100.
Through volume, [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Ben Eine, Judith Charles Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- Ladies and Gentlemen - it is The Mark Kostabi Show Loving the art nightlife at Mark Kostabi World Artist Mark… »
- The Rhythmic Abstracts of Canan Tolon Guests at the opening for Canan Tolon at Von Lintel Gallery AF streaked by on its… »
- Getting lost amidst the lights at Tanya Bonakdar Gallery (photo by Max Noy) Viewing the Dense Color Photography of Hannah… »
- Fertile Land (2012) 79 x 79 x 3 inches by Sopheap Pich The art aficionados flock to view the unique Southeast Asia art at… »
- 4 Forces Forward Forces (2013) 14x14 inches by Rodolfo Edwards Continuum - a show by Rodolfo Edwards continuum (noun)… »
Featured Art: Sophia Collier, Francois Clerc, Fabian Burgy, Anton Alvarez, Matt Johnson and Michal TrpakMatt Johnson River Under Me by Sophia Collier Fabian Burgy's Smoke Milord Mirror by Francois Clerc Anton… »
- FEATURED ARTIST DIET WIEGMAN Dutch artist Diet Wiegman (1944) is referred to as the 'art omnivore' and started an art… »
- Opening for Paul Thek And His Circle In The 1950s Opening for Paul Thek And His Circle In The 1950s Paul Thek And His… »
- The multitude of photography lovers at AIPAD 2013 Beautiful Art to view at AIPAD 2013 April 7, 2013 Park Avenue… »
- smart car covered in fallen fruit wall paper Honolulu GREY AREA is pleased to announce its partnership with Smart Car,… »