September marks the launch of collaboration between FitzRoy Knox Gallery and John Houshmand.
John Houshmand Projects is a platform supporting a wide spectrum of art projects, creating a unique viewing environment for both artwork and exquisite design in the extraordinary showroom in Soho.
Founded in 2011, FitzRoy Knox has been making appearances at art fairs [...]
It is October and yes the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at your corner Starbuck’s. This also means that the fall edition of the Affordable Art Fair returns to New York City at The Tunnel in Chelsea. To kick off this much anticipated and most successful U.S. fair, Affordable Art Fair hosted a fun-tasmagoric bash [...]
Ribbons of color, swaths that define a horizon, a jumble of hues, and silken strings of a well threaded theme. It most certainly sounds like your run of the mill description of a painting done in acrylic or oil. However, this can be said literally of the multimedia work that Vadis Turner exhibited for her new show Past [...]
First of all, Arte Fuse wanted to thank Jean Luc Richard for inviting us to join the artist talk at his gallery with Dionisio González which included: Jean Luc Richard, Robert C. Morgan, Ximena Ojeda, Jamie Martinez and El Kazan. We had previously covered the show a week ago, check out the article: http://artefuse.com/picture-this-dionisio-gonzalez-part-deux-at-galerie-richard/.
With the dead heat of August supposedly slowing things down in Miami, and months away from the avalanche of Art Basel Week, most would think it’s not the best time of the year to throw an artist-driven collaborative show.
Apparently, the organizer of The Collabo Show know this is how it’s best done in the [...]
The Gabarron Foundation, Carriage House Center for the Arts at 149 East 38th St, New York, NY presents ‘EL MUNDO DE LOS VIVOS THE REAL WORLD‘, a solo exhibition of the Cuban artist Ofill Echevarria. An unveiling of Ofill’s Moonbeams, large scale oil paintings, as well as a select group of moving pictures. This show will be on view [...]
Here at AF we always try to get the 411 aka information on all the art worth seeing all over Manhattan and beyond. At Margaret Thatcher Projects last September 19th, we got the In Formation on the latest show by Nan Swid. She has shown in group exhibitions before at the gallery but now her solo show brought into [...]
Every dog has his day and last September 19th it was David Mitchell who howled and got our sights piqued with his latest show – The Dog Must Howl. The large scale C-Print photographs dominated the space at Jim Kempner Fine Art and with this kind of art that it’s definitely suited for the big dogs. The color fields of [...]
We reviewed the Spanish artist, Dionisio González, last year for his show also at Galerie Richard. Last time it was the Favelas in Brazil. Now this is the Halong Series and the infamous Vietnamese locale becomes his canvas for the surrealist photographs he is known for. AF came to a private viewing at the gallery and we were treated to [...]
Mode Marteau & Dirty Librarian Chains are pleased to announce September REissue, a Fall shopping event. The opening reception will take place on Thursday September 26th, 6-9pm at Fair Folks & a Goat, 96 West Houston Street in Manhattan.
As New York winds down from Fashion Week, September REissue, an interactive sustainable shopping event, is [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Pioneering author of female erotica Anais Nin once said, “We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we… »
- New York Art Book Fair 2013 New York Art Book Fair 2013 New York Art Book Fair 2013 This years' opening of the New… »
- Nude in Public: Sascha Schneider, Homoeroticism and the Male Form circa 1900 Sascha Schneider, Patriarch, 1895, oil on… »
- Klaus Enrique: The Reaping at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC is proud to present Klaus… »
- Oh me and Barry McGee at Cheim & Read Strong Work for a Strong Opening for Barry McGee (L-R) Artist and publisher… »
- Wall of 49 Still Lifes Pale Still Life Yellow Still Life Artist Statement My still lifes are made up of objects… »
- An International Exhibit NEW YORK - LONDON, September 12 -19, 2013 An International Exhibit NEW YORK - LONDON, September… »
- Welcome to Von Lintel Gallery for Rosemarie Fiore Opening Reception Explosive Art at Von Lintel Gallery In 7th century… »
- Robert Ryman opening at PACE Gallery on West 25th The work of Irving Penn at PACE Gallery on West 25th Graceful lines… »
- Creation Nation Art Parade for Indiegogo ! from Barat Foundation on Vimeo. This campaign is raising funds on behalf of… »