Any die hard art fan and gallery trooper anticipates a monumental or magical night every Thursday because that is the high holy day of their entire week. That is when they get to pay reverence to the hallowed halls of their gallery of choice and perhaps warm in the glow of the people with the brilliance of [...]
Vito Schnabel’s private exhibition space in the West Village was the place to be last Thursday, where a number of recognizable faces joined the colorful crowd at Theo A. Rosenblum’s third solo exhibit with Schnabel, Predator. In attendance were Vito Schnabel hosting the night, artists such as Alex Katz & Dan Colen, and the illustrious Jeffrey Deitch, who the AF crew got the chance [...]
303 Gallery opened its ninth exhibition of Sue Williams’ work, “WTC, WWIII, Couch Size,” this past Thursday., January 16th The show was full of bright colors reaching across large canvases all around the gallery.
Williams’ canvases were a complex blur of colors, ranging from your basic primary and secondary colors to vibrant, Lisa-Frank-level, highlighter colors. All this color [...]
If you build it, they will come and boy did the art folks showed up for the first solo exhibition of British born but now based in Sunset Park, Brooklyn artist – Jeff Landman – for Working on a Building last January 16th. AF came into the space of Tracy Williams, Ltd. to find all his sculptural installations perfectly [...]
One of the most engaging kinds of art is art that sets up an emotional dialogue with the viewer. If that art also is created with technical virtuosity and comes from the heart then you have art that you owe it to yourself to go see.
Most artists have been told that they should create art for art’s sake and not for profit. This show was put together with the intention to challenge that conventional wisdom. This exhibition champions the belief that artists should be compensated and recognized for the work they do. Artists have to pay their bills like anyone [...]
ZieherSmith gallery was buzzing with conversation and life when we walked in between the two live sets commissioned to accompany Allison Schulnik’s latest stop-motion claymation film, Eager. The artist had a strong presence at the opening, moving about the room throughout the night, speaking with a number of guests and fielding all sorts of questions. (For instance, I [...]
Right off the gate, AF began this year with a group show where the art wasn’t tied together by themes or elements but rather a rhythmic consistent pulse that fueled the show Cadence at Margaret Thatcher Projects last January 9th. The show curated by May Yeung brought in a good measure of works by Frank Badur, Daniel Hill, Pat Lipsky, [...]
Quollective, a social network for styling and sharing quotes on iOS, today announces a collaboration with the Austin-based artist Caroline Wright.
The show title is enough to draw you in as you imagine the American revolutionaries slapping on the war paint and hurling spears while letting out a tribal yell. Well the British were certainly not coming and were headed for the hills! Yankee Zulu, the title of the latest exhibition of South African artist, Shaun Ellison opened last [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Collin #2-4 (2013), Digital C-Print, 20"X20", by Artist Gisella Sorrentino Wix.com brings together two of its talented… »
- Opening of Imagine Artist Shannon Shiang Everyone was trying to get a better view of the opening Last Friday… »
- Gary Indiana interview Manhattan is dead. Who killed Manhattan? We went to ask the noir writer Gary Indiana in his living… »
- Artist Statement My work represents a heavy mix of memories, daily thoughts, and conscious dreams and focuses on… »
- Woodward Gallery launches their 20TH Anniversary Year with the group exhibition “Sur-Real." The exhibition title emphasizes… »
- EDGAR ALLAN POE, THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH - A COLLABORATIVE READING- Anne Breimaier with Andrew Campbell (pictured) and… »
- Another year closes and a new one begins at the blink of an eye. 2013 was filled with so much variety, visual impact and a… »
- Light Installation of Garrett Pruter at Judith Charles Gallery by Deukyun Hwang DUMBO Arts Festival photo by Olya… »
- MAGIC CUSTOM WANTS is a self-released single, part of the 9-track album Where I am I by Brooklyn-based experimental… »
- All Tomorrow’s Parties (and Then Some): Kiwi Arts Group Electrifies Miami with Basel Block Party William John… »