New York is always the city where everyone has seen it all and nothing should surprise a true Manhattanite. As of late, the art world has gone to the toilets, literally. Ladies and gents, step right up because if you’re “going” to see art – it is at the sacrosanct of all spaces where you […]
AF: When did your interest within the arts begin?
JH: I was raised making things. My mother was an art teacher and believed strongly that most basic life necessities could be learned through the process of creating—motor skills, problem solving skills, improv, patience, self-critique and failure. So I grew up in a world of crafts—painted […]
Last Thursday AF attended the opening for View of Dawn in the Tropics: Paintings, 1989-1990 by Julian Schnabel at Gagosian Gallery on West 24th street in Chelsea. As soon as I strolled in, I was overwhelmed by the sheer size of these abstract paintings. There is a lot of freedom and expression in this show. Some of these […]
Fridge Art Fair NY invites All to New Location; Long Island City, NY After March 31st closure by the NYC DOB of The Angel Orensanz Center. Founder Eric, Coordinator Cara Viera Hunter and Co-Director Linda DiGunsa.
I met the legendary jazz drummer, Bill Goodwin, in his hideaway home atop The Deer Head Inn, “one of the oldest continuously running jazz clubs in the country”. For the next enchanting hour, this most gracious and consummate musician, producer, educator and human being spoke so generously about his life in music and “the most […]
Audrey thanks for taking your time to talk to Arte Fuse. We love your new project called Epic Epoch. Can you tell us more about it?
Sure, thank you Jamie and Arte Fuse for your interest. Epic Epoch is the Artist Residency Program at the Con Artist Collective. Application is open to artists working […]
I have the feeling that most war movies are really religious epics in disguise. You have the hero’s journey in virtually each one. The young man leaves home, faces adversity, risks death, kills the enemy, comes home and gets married. In literature Odysseus was the first guy to really be represented as doing this, […]
The “via negativa” (negative way) is a concept which indicates that you can only really know what God is by knowing what God is not. By establishing a number of indisputable statements for what God simply cannot be, you begin to develop an intuitive sense of what God really is, although you cannot articulate […]
4heads is seeking independent artists worldwide working in all disciplines (painting, photography, sculpture, installation, video, sound art and more) to apply for the 2014 Governors Island Art Fair – New York’s Largest Independent Exhibition. More than 100 artists of exceptional talent will be chosen to show their art (in a room of their own) this […]
As Jeffrey Deitch (former Director of MOCA) said at Mana Contemporary recently, if you were to think of the most prominent of contemporary American artists, Judy Chicago would have to be considered in the top five. This is true even though stuffy traditionalists like the Art Institute of Chicago, MoMA and the Metropolitan Museum […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Testament, a collection of war photographs by photojournalist, Chris Hondros (1970 - 2011) "A shared experience..."… »
- In the wake of the March 31 closure by the DOB of Angel Orensanz Center, Fridge Art Fair will be presented at 5-25 46th… »
- MUSIC REVIEW: 55 Bar - The Vic Juris Trio – Sunday, April 6th, 2014 Coming down to the 55 Bar is like coming home… »
- The amazing color beautiful works of Beatriz Elorza Everyone surrounded by art in full bloom Two years ago, Beatriz… »
- Jef Campion/Army of One at Castle Fitzjohn Gallery Jef Campion/Army of One at Castle Fitzjohn Gallery Jef… »
- By calling the show she curated “Simple Life Is Interesting!” Janet Fong hints at the thread running through the work… »
- The art crowd at ArtNowNY opening for PUSH IT Artist Tracy Piper Bad Ass art shines on Art Night in… »
- Lyons Wier Gallery Entrance Artist David Lyle admiring the work of James Austin Murray at LWG (L) Artist James Austin… »
- Homunculus by Caroline Wells Chandler at Field Projects Homunculus by Caroline Wells Chandler at Field Projects I’ve… »
- Art is never just art: History of Magic II - Initiation by Alison Blickle at Kravets/Wehby In James Frazer’s “The… »