When Juan Bravo’s paintings don’t have a literal message they express mood and emotions through the composition color and tone. Juan bravo uses elements of both abstract and graphic arts to help create his paintings.
“When someone looks at one of my paintings I want them to get the feeling of how it might feel to [...]
Cities are made up of communities, their geography formed by the relationship between their buildings, parks, roads and bridges. In her first exhibition at the gallery, the Cleveland based painter explores her own relationship to the neighborhood through metaphor and absurdist invention, both practical and nutty.
In Casey’s acrylic paintings on paper and clay board, [...]
The stories of tradition are often the hardest to confront, but often their origins and their messages are vague and open to a variety of interpretations, including dangerous and destructive ones. A debut exhibition at Mayson Gallery, titled Original Sin: In the Garden of Eden,aims to dissect and re-think the very narratives at the foundation [...]
Ryan McGennisken is an Australian born multidisciplinary artist, currently residing in Melbourne.
Ryan’s practice is wide spread from intricate pen and ink drawings, small sculpture, animation, film, photography, ambitious installation and sound projects.
Ryan’s work explores ideas of life and death, exploring nature and nurture of humanity and the environment, suspended between ambiguous [...]
Last Thursday RePopRoom opened their new space collaborating with MAKE / MAKE Skateboards. MAKE x RePopRoom is an exhibition featuring limited edition and one-of-a-kind artist designed skateboards, outsider and contemporary art, vintage pieces, hand crafted bicycles and furniture, and apparel.
MAKE x RePopRoom is featuring a Damien Hirst print provided by Malcolm Hearn who earned [...]
SLICK fair aims to bring together the vitality of younger galleries with that of more established galleries, working both with recognized artists and tomorrow’s high-potentials. For its 8th edition, SLICK Paris is setting up its fair by the Seine river, directly beside Alexandre III Bridge and only a few steps away from the FIAC, located at [...]
After two previous pop-ups, Sarah Crown’s latest show features Brazilian art by well-known multimedia artist Raul Mourão and sound designer Marcos Kuzka. The pop up show is at Bikinis Salon Located on 56 Avenue C in NYC. The name of the show is #DocDotMov and it explores new media in art.
Raul Mourão is showing this amazing large kinetic cube sculpture made out of [...]
You’ve heard of grand gestures and nothing more was the epitome of that word when AF came to the fourth solo show of Thomas Eggerer at Petzel Gallery last October 10th. Gesture and Territory featured 11 new paintings in large scale which reverberated with drama and visual impact.
The seismic shift from his once miniature presentations gave way to [...]
Back in May 31, 2012 – my very first visit to now one of my favorite galleries in the gritty bosom of the LES, Rooster, that I met this artist at Jaro 1. “Bells and Whistles” by Guy Goldstein stuck with me for quite a while. I remembered the idea of how sound is intertwined with the [...]
We love Drama or rather Diorama – not the soap opera kind that ends in tears but the idea of recreating and viewing a world in miniature that’s contained in a frame. AF came to the first solo exhibition of Conor Backman at Mixed Greens featuring his new take on the titular idea of a Diorama. The plethora of works played [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Arlene Shechet Sculpture at Sikkema Jenkins & Co Fired Clay Masterpiece by Arlene Shechet At the advice of a… »
- #DocDotMov with Marcos Kuzka and Raul Mourão at Bikinis Salon Opening Friday October 11, 6-9 pm Bikinis Salon , 56 Avenue C… »
- The crowd at the opening photography by Paul Kwiatkowski After passing through a crowded and dark bar, we entered a… »
- From the bad word series I stopped by Robert Attanasio's studio in Long Island City to chat about art and to see his new… »
- FRIDGE ART FAR 2013 Opening extravaganza and fundraiser to benefit Visual AIDS and Pax Miami. December 5, 2013, 7… »
- Priceless Views from the DUMBO Arts Festival Well, another DUMBO Arts Festival here and gone. One of my favorite… »
- Castle Fitzjohns Gallery Sam Tufnell Castle Fitzjohns Gallery Opening Event Castle Fizjohns Gallery announces its grand… »
- Klaus Enrique Trayvon Martin Klaus Enrique – The Arcimboldo Series I had been working on a photography series in which… »
- Christine Flynn, Timber, photograph with mixed media and resin finish, 42 x 72 in, 2013 September marks the launch of… »
- Attendees at the W Times Square to kick off Affordable Art Fair Fall 2013 Edition It is so New York to be lit by your cell… »