First of all, Arte Fuse wanted to thank Jean Luc Richard for inviting us to join the artist talk at his gallery with Dionisio González which included: Jean Luc Richard, Robert C. Morgan, Ximena Ojeda, Jamie Martinez and El Kazan. We had previously covered the show a week ago, check out the article: http://artefuse.com/picture-this-dionisio-gonzalez-part-deux-at-galerie-richard/.
With the dead heat of August supposedly slowing things down in Miami, and months away from the avalanche of Art Basel Week, most would think it’s not the best time of the year to throw an artist-driven collaborative show.
Apparently, the organizer of The Collabo Show know this is how it’s best done in the [...]
The Gabarron Foundation, Carriage House Center for the Arts at 149 East 38th St, New York, NY presents ‘EL MUNDO DE LOS VIVOS THE REAL WORLD‘, a solo exhibition of the Cuban artist Ofill Echevarria. An unveiling of Ofill’s Moonbeams, large scale oil paintings, as well as a select group of moving pictures. This show will be on view [...]
Here at AF we always try to get the 411 aka information on all the art worth seeing all over Manhattan and beyond. At Margaret Thatcher Projects last September 19th, we got the In Formation on the latest show by Nan Swid. She has shown in group exhibitions before at the gallery but now her solo show brought into [...]
Every dog has his day and last September 19th it was David Mitchell who howled and got our sights piqued with his latest show – The Dog Must Howl. The large scale C-Print photographs dominated the space at Jim Kempner Fine Art and with this kind of art that it’s definitely suited for the big dogs. The color fields of [...]
We reviewed the Spanish artist, Dionisio González, last year for his show also at Galerie Richard. Last time it was the Favelas in Brazil. Now this is the Halong Series and the infamous Vietnamese locale becomes his canvas for the surrealist photographs he is known for. AF came to a private viewing at the gallery and we were treated to [...]
Mode Marteau & Dirty Librarian Chains are pleased to announce September REissue, a Fall shopping event. The opening reception will take place on Thursday September 26th, 6-9pm at Fair Folks & a Goat, 96 West Houston Street in Manhattan.
As New York winds down from Fashion Week, September REissue, an interactive sustainable shopping event, is [...]
Pioneering author of female erotica Anais Nin once said, “We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.” I was reminded of this upon first viewing artist kiki de coeur’s quietly devastating moving image piece, Apples of Childhood. With elements of childhood at the forefront, and vapors of unspoken desire and hopelessness gently [...]
This years’ opening of the New York Book Fair was packed with people. The exciting annual event for book-lovers and fans of all types of artists’ books, catalogs, monographs, periodicals, and zines, initiated by The Printed Matter has grown to a “must-be-there-event”
The different spaces of MoMa PS1 showcases until Sunday night 283 booksellers, antiquarians, artists, and independent publishers [...]
The Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art will kick off its autumn 2013 season by exploring the German painter Sascha Schneider (1870-1927). At the beginning of the 20th Century, Schneider was elevated to a prestigious post at a German university and was one of the most well-known and well-respected public artists of his time. [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Klaus Enrique: The Reaping at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC is proud to present Klaus… »
- Oh me and Barry McGee at Cheim & Read Strong Work for a Strong Opening for Barry McGee (L-R) Artist and publisher… »
- Wall of 49 Still Lifes Pale Still Life Yellow Still Life Artist Statement My still lifes are made up of objects… »
- An International Exhibit NEW YORK - LONDON, September 12 -19, 2013 An International Exhibit NEW YORK - LONDON, September… »
- Welcome to Von Lintel Gallery for Rosemarie Fiore Opening Reception Explosive Art at Von Lintel Gallery In 7th century… »
- Robert Ryman opening at PACE Gallery on West 25th The work of Irving Penn at PACE Gallery on West 25th Graceful lines… »
- Creation Nation Art Parade for Indiegogo ! from Barat Foundation on Vimeo. This campaign is raising funds on behalf of… »
- Installation view of Before the Sound at Reverol & Co. Contemporary A photo from Before the Sound Artist Vincent… »
- The outside crowd for the opening of "Brand New Again" "Brand New Again" at Con Artist Gallery Artist Jamie… »
- Artist Jamie Martinez next to his work Diesel installation in Union Square artwork for poster by Jamie… »