Reverol & Co. Contemporary Art is proud to present the works of two outstanding artists who come to us with an eclectic artistic background, shaped by their visions of the world they both live in, honed by their cultural backgrounds and interests, and defined by presenting their unique perspectives in the context of their places [...]
FEMALE FRAGMENTS…I paint with my camera. My goal is to reveal the abstract nature of found, urban images. Those that have been created by layers of torn posters, bits and pieces of photos, advertisement and graffiti rearranged and transformed by time. I search through the chaotic universe to find female images and [...]
Jennifer Delilah is a provocative fine artist whose works like “The New York Cock Exchange” have ironically attracted stockbrokers, investors in large scale business acquisitions, and CEOs of multinational corporations. Her early childhood experiences in the wake of the Civil Rights Movement have formed the basis for her subject matter, which challenges ideas of race, [...]
Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Barbara Macfarlane: Mapping, a solo show featuring works by British painter Barbara Macfarlane. Capturing the essence and drama of wide-open spaces, Macfarlane has become widely known for her abstract seascapes. Macfarlane’s newest body of work moves inland, playing with the perspective, interpretation and mapping of cities such as [...]
Michael Divine is part of a wave of creative visionaries who draw their inspiration not just from art theory and intellectual ideas but also from the basic principles of what it is to lead a healthy and vibrant life. His spirited and vivacious artwork falls in step with a long tradition of artists who base [...]
Curate NYC had its opening for the top 150 entries, out of 1900 submissions, for the show “Imagine New York City 25 years in the Future”. Rush Gallery was nice enough to host the event in Chelsea which was fully packed all the way until the end of the opening.
“What will the future bring?” [...]
Exhibition Dates: November 15 – December 20, 2013
The NYOC Gallery is pleased to announce Metaphorically Speaking, a solo exhibition of Judith Ostrowitz’s works on Plexiglas and paper. This exhibition will run from November 15 – December 20, 2013 with an opening reception on Friday, November 15th from 6-8:00 p.m.
Judith Ostrowitz’s body of work [...]
What separates symbolic power from power itself? What about the symbols of a nation, which is itself a symbol of symbolic power? JJ Brine, artist-in-residence at VECTOR Gallery is poised to confound the most erudite of political theorists and the most jaundiced of art critics with his declaration of the sovereignty of “The [...]
So in the last year or so, Kaliptus has been further mastering his execution of geometric forms, symmetry and organics with acrylics on canvas. Taking his knowledge of lighting from the last few years of using 3d softwares such as Autodesk Maya, Zbrush, C4D, etc.. he now paints out a world entirely from his head with the [...]
Last Friday we celebrated “Now We Here,” the Con Artist Grand opening party. Well, grand expansion party. Con Artist is still underground, but they added a street-level store-front gallery and workspace on top of that. The new space futures linkable rolling tables, a computer loft, and a sound-proofed meeting/recording pod.
The party itself was [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- ART (Dk Blue Blend/Red Circles/White Letters), 2013 Unique silkscreen in colors on triple primed archival canvas 24 x 24 x 2… »
- MIAMI--- Rafael Domenech, a visual arts college junior from New World School of the Arts, will exhibit his body of work in an… »
- The New God exhibition featuring a collection of photographs by Elizabeth Waugh is currently on display… »
- The Art Crowd Whipped into a Frenzy at Joshua Liner Gallery Putting more Icing to the ICY Signs at Joshua Liner… »
- Opening Reception for Richard Serra is elegance in BLACK Richard Serra is a master of the subtle and sublime One of the… »
- A Train is Rolling In for its Stop - William Steiger at Margaret Thatcher Projects Viewing the work of William… »
- The Write of Passage opening on October 18 was full of every sort of alternative crowd imaginable. There were hipsters,… »
- Falls Village Bear Scare (2009-2013) by Seth Michael Forman Come a little closer now as art begs to be viewed with a… »
- Art and Mortality is always a perfect fit So much detail and so much story behind the work of Noah Scalin It is… »
- The Works in Glass by David Shaw Careful you are in gallery full of GLASS work by David Shaw Tables were set… »