Last year the Take Two Film Festival was held at Theatre 80 St. Marks. Take Two presented 56 films from 14 countries. They were shown in two hour segments on 3 consecutive days, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, Between the segments were Q&A’s run by talented people who were prominent in the film world.
This is [...]
ARTIST STATEMENT & MAIN EXHIBITIONS STATEMENT
He produces a modern painting with always an underlying classicism. Also very inspired by music and urban art, he does his paintings as graffiti on a wall, as a piece of Hip Hop, fast, responsive and instinctive. So he chose to work with acrylic (and many times chalk, [...]
Mahlstedt Gallery is pleased to present “Surface Tension”, a two-person exhibition featuring artwork by Ellie Winberg and Mauricio Morillas.
Because of the overwhelming positive response from our first open call for artists from the boroughs in 2012/2013, Denise Bibro Fine Art is pleased to announce an open call to artists for our Art From the Boros II exhibition in 2014. The primary purpose of the exhibition is to bring to the public’s attention untapped and [...]
Star Street marks an important new showcase for Judy Rifka’s most recent works on paper and canvas. Her assembled compositions suggest universes as well as the age-old human desire for mark making. Like cave drawings for the twenty first century, her latest collage and painting is presented in juxtaposition with the graffiti work of her [...]
In Fay Ku’s piece “Are We Having Fun Yet?” we see 6 identically dressed young Asian women sitting in a roller coaster, arms upraised, but each expressing a relatively deadpan apathy and perhaps stoicism in lieu of the type of gleeful anticipation we might expect.
Rebecca Hossack Gallery is proud to present Emma Hack: Undercover, a solo retrospective exhibition featuring works by Australian artist Emma Hack. Having gained international renown for her collaboration with Gotye on the music video for his Grammy-winning “Somebody That I Used To Know,” Hack continues to push the bounds of her unique body camouflage [...]
Meeting new people is one of the perks of being a writer on the scene for AF and it has been a treasure trove of interesting people in the last two years. Late last year, I was introduced to Laura Mylott Manning who has been part of our art entourage and also an accomplished artist who surprised [...]
The first time I heard of Ben Eine was when I walked into what was then Charles Bank Gallery (now Judith Charles) about a year ago. It was a drop by visit and they just had an opening for a group show where the main theme was Colour (the British way of spelling it) or Color. At the [...]
Neither slush, icy patches, puddles in every street corner of melted snow, nor pestilence can stop AF from traversing the gritty bosom to catch art in its comforting crevices. Last Feb. 5th we came to see the Sci-Fi looking paintings of Bushwick based artist,Deborah Brown, for her show Outer Limits. Inspired by the terrain that surrounds her [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Ben Eine, Judith Charles Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- AIR Gallery and the temptation to touch ART Photographer Dave Jordano Whoever said that Thursdays are owned by the… »
- A wall of Lacquer ART and don't you love it Yeah! That is what I need. To pack a few things and get away from… »
- Exactly what process is involved in conferring an outrageous financial meaning to a contemporary work of art? Is there an… »
- Susan Hockaday's “After Nature” at Soho20 Gallery Children’s books are often not really meant for children. For… »
- "Republika" by performance artist Marta Jovanović's at Bosi Contemporary Artist Marta Jovanović by Max Noy Opening… »
- Fine art became more accessible in 2013 thanks to popular sites like Artsy.net, which according to Forbes.com now has… »
- “The Wolf in Youth” Mixed Media Collage and Oil on Archival paper (50.5”x51”) ARTIST STATEMENT “Pay heed to… »
- Installation images: Courtesy of the artist and Paul Kasmin Gallery. Photography by Jeff Elstone Walking among the… »
- "Relativity" drawings by Paul Glabicki at Kim Foster Gallery (Chelsea) Paul Glabicki’s hyper-intellectual drawings derive… »
- Peter Hort is a contemporary art collector and heir to the Hort Family Collection. He is also a founding member of the… »