The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present IMMEASURABLE LIGHT, a solo exhibition of Karen Fitzgerald’s luminous tondo paintings. This exhibit will run from November 07 – December 12, 2014, with an opening reception on Friday, November 07, 2014 from 6-8:00 p.m.
Circles represent unity, wholeness, and infinity; without beginning or end. It invites the viewer [...]
The great Vito Acconci let us into his studio in Dumbo (Brooklyn) for a conversation. During which he went over his history as an artist and his current projects.
AF: Forty years ago your work “Diary of a Body 1969–1973” conquered worldwide attention: two hundred performances prepared and catalogued in perfect detail. Has the [...]
What is an artist without his muse? Can there be a wellspring to create art if there is no source of inspiration? Is beauty subject to a certain aesthetic or will it translate with a seismic shift of emotion? These are the questions that come to mind at the latest solo exhibition of Julien Levy entitled “Without You [...]
Another bright spot in the vicinity of Chinatown is Sohotel Art Space that had an opening reception last October 9th for embrace #ThisIsNotALetter that featured the works of Alex Kelleher. It consisted of photography, sculpture and a picture wall that guests had to interact with by taking selfie’s from a Polaroid camera. Working from the notion of real human connection [...]
What if Abbie Hoffman had been cryogenically frozen after his suicide in 1989 and was then brought back to life again now? I’m pretty sure this icon of counter-culture idealism and integrity would simply kill himself again, and Alex Gross’ amazingly engaging and sardonic paintings at Jonathan LeVine Gallery would help explain why. Branding [...]
The Bertrand Delacroix Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting a series of new acrylic paintings by Federico Infante in an exhibition titled The Space Between. Infante’s paintings are very delicate and have a rather foggy quality. He achieves this by using layers of multiple colors to create serene yet powerful palettes. Many of his works [...]
Blue Mountain Gallery is currently presenting a series of oil paintings, Along the Bay, by Barbara Segal.
Segal is a native New Yorker who is constantly inspired by the beautiful scenery of the Springs on the eastern end of Long Island, where she has a seasonal home. She effectively captures the peace and tranquility of [...]
A Dada-inspired artist, Johannes Baader, once ran into a church in Germany and yelled: “Jesus is a sausage!” I am still trying to absorb this koan-like adage, but perhaps the work of Ian Hughes sheds light on what exactly a ‘Jesus sausage’ might look like. Indeed, we may all be Jesus sausages (or have [...]
One night in May 1980, in Gwang-ju, Korea, the city was occupied by the army and martial law was declared. Every possible means of exiting the city was blocked. It was the beginning of a massacre. Hundreds of demonstrators longing for democracy were killed and thousands of innocent citizens were wounded. It was, however, [...]
Interview with Ben Hartley, the new US International Managing Director of Auctionata.com.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Ezra Johnson has unveiled his latest collection of paintings, sculptures, animation, and other installations for his debut… »
- Jacob Hashimoto: Skyfarm Fortress at Mary Boone Gallery Jacob Hashimoto: Skyfarm Fortress at Mary Boone Gallery Did you… »
- Image courtesy of Thomas Erben Gallery Image courtesy of Thomas Erben Gallery Mike Cloud’s new works now on view at… »
- The Subjects in the ART outnumbered this guy The art of COJO at Castle Fitzjohns on the LES Each one is a… »
- Kathy Ruttenberg’s latest show of ceramic figures at Stux Gallery is largely inspired by recent trips the artist took to… »
- Monika Sosnowska Tower, 2014 Courtesy Hauser & Wirth Monika Sosnowska Tower, 2014 Courtesy Hauser & Wirth A… »
- A collector interested in the middle piece. (M) Artist Daru-Jung Hyang Kim with collectors After hearing great things… »
- Fridge Art Fair is pleased to announce that its second Miami edition will take place at the 3rd Street Garage Artspace, 300… »
- Artist Paul Graham At the age of 56 the British photographer, Paul Graham, has been the subject of more than eighty… »
- Matt Enger at Amy Li Projects Artist Matt Enger The Art of Marr Enger Amy Li and her unique art space in… »