After passing through a crowded and dark bar, we entered a bright and comfortable room filled with young, lively artists and their supporters. There was a tangible buzz about the show in the room–especially around the book, And Every Day Was Overcast, which sold out.
On every wall of the room, enlarged photographs hung unceremoniously, unframed. Images [...]
I stopped by Robert Attanasio’s studio in Long Island City to chat about art and to see his new work.
AF: Can you tell me about how you ended up in the art world?
RA: I think my entry into the art world began in elementary school, at around the age of 12. We had [...]
Opening extravaganza and fundraiser to benefit Visual AIDS and Pax Miami.
December 5, 2013, 7 pm VIP preview at PAX: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 2 – 7 pm Fridge Open Hours: December 5 – 8, 2013 – 2pm-1am Dog and pet artist Eric Ginsburg and the Fridge Art Fair NYC team — artist/curator Kaitlin Martin and photographer/coordinator Cara Hunter Viera – are delighted to announce their partnership with PAX Miami to [...]
Well, another DUMBO Arts Festival here and gone. One of my favorite events during the year seemed to be much more crowded than previous years.
One of my favorite pieces, an art installation by the SAWCC (South Asian Women’s Creative Collective) consisted of labeled numerical pennies placed over colorful cobblestones. Each cobblestone was represented by [...]
Castle Fizjohns Gallery announces its grand opening at 98 Orchard Street on the Lower East Side (LES) of Manhattan.
The opening exhibit highlights the works of Max Wiedemann, who’s satirical tongue-in-cheek pop art has been taking the world by storm; the amazing taxidermy based work of Jake Lamagno, who uses among other media a 100 [...]
Klaus Enrique – The Arcimboldo Series
I had been working on a photography series in which different parts of the human anatomy are presented in the context of hundreds of different organic elements of the same kind: A human eye surrounded by thousands of dried leaves. One of the leaves happened to be aligned thus [...]
September marks the launch of collaboration between FitzRoy Knox Gallery and John Houshmand.
John Houshmand Projects is a platform supporting a wide spectrum of art projects, creating a unique viewing environment for both artwork and exquisite design in the extraordinary showroom in Soho.
Founded in 2011, FitzRoy Knox has been making appearances at art fairs [...]
It is October and yes the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at your corner Starbuck’s. This also means that the fall edition of the Affordable Art Fair returns to New York City at The Tunnel in Chelsea. To kick off this much anticipated and most successful U.S. fair, Affordable Art Fair hosted a fun-tasmagoric bash [...]
Ribbons of color, swaths that define a horizon, a jumble of hues, and silken strings of a well threaded theme. It most certainly sounds like your run of the mill description of a painting done in acrylic or oil. However, this can be said literally of the multimedia work that Vadis Turner exhibited for her new show Past [...]
First of all, Arte Fuse wanted to thank Jean Luc Richard for inviting us to join the artist talk at his gallery with Dionisio González which included: Jean Luc Richard, Robert C. Morgan, Ximena Ojeda, Jamie Martinez and El Kazan. We had previously covered the show a week ago, check out the article: http://artefuse.com/picture-this-dionisio-gonzalez-part-deux-at-galerie-richard/.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Arianna Carossa, Rooster Gallery, April 2014
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
- exterior interior Kevin Arrow and Hugo Montoya With the dead heat of August supposedly slowing things down in… »
- "El Mundo de los Vivos" by Ofill Echevarria at The Gabarron Foundation "El Mundo de los Vivos" by Ofill Echevarria at… »
- Margaret Thatcher Projects Welcomes You The Fair Gallery Girls on Art Night at Margaret Thatcher Projects Artist Nan… »
- The packed house at Jim Kempner Fine Art Artist David Mitchell at Jim Kempner Fine Art Large Scale C-Prints by David… »
- The Gallery is Wide as the River in the art One of the panels from the Halong Series by Dionisio Gonzalez Getting a… »
September REissue: Fall Shopping Reimagined with Mode Marteau and Dirty Librarian Chains at Fair Folks & a GoatSeptember Reissue Mode Marteau & Dirty Librarian Chains are pleased to announce September REissue, a Fall shopping… »
- Pioneering author of female erotica Anais Nin once said, “We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we… »
- New York Art Book Fair 2013 New York Art Book Fair 2013 New York Art Book Fair 2013 This years' opening of the New… »
- Nude in Public: Sascha Schneider, Homoeroticism and the Male Form circa 1900 Sascha Schneider, Patriarch, 1895, oil on… »
- Klaus Enrique: The Reaping at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC is proud to present Klaus… »
Find us on YouTube