Justice, an all-woman show, opened up at Succulent Studios this past Saturday in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. We all know there are just as many women artists as men but they never get the exposure they deserve. Arte Fuse loves to support women artists because we believe that they are a vital and important part of the art world. Statistics prove […]
Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the show seems to involve the experience of new, immigrant, upwardly mobile New York City dwellers and how their new city provides novelty, excitement, and challenges for growth while also providing experiences of immense […]
Imagine that as you are wandering around NY City you see two distinctive strangers bump into each other twice at two different locations. You ask yourself – is this compresence or causality? Perhaps this would call for an investigation. Such coincidences are so rare, but, of course, that is the nature of coincidence or […]
A new art installation at a popular West Village wine and dessert bar is catching the eye of many neighborhood residents. Featured on display inside the Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar’s window is an installation by artist Donna Cleary called Helix. This intriguing work of art features a giant, spiraled black and yellow tube snaking […]
Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art
NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 — Renowned figurative painter Steven Assael has announced plans to teach an intimate five-day master course in his New York City Studio from August 4th-8th, 2014. An exclusive group of students will have the rare opportunity to […]
Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in nature, but what is there. To do so he must invent symbols, which, if properly used, make his work seem even more real than what is in front of him.” This echoes, to a […]
Last July 24, 2014, AF came out to join the legions of art denizens lining up the cobble stoned streets and art gallery Mecca of Chelsea for its annual ART WALK. The night delivered on its celebratory frenzy of open galleries, festive spirit and of course, the HOT art on its walls. This is a […]
Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions – necessary but slightly tedious. Most group shows are battle grounds for the conflicting intentions and emotions of everyone involved; hopes, ambitions, insecurities, strategic maneuvers and counter-maneuvers of artists, curators and gallery owners create tensions […]
A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of digital works for the exhibition Ultra Subjective Space at The Pace Gallery.
Founded in 2001 by Toshiyuki Inoke and several college classmates, teamLab is comprised of individuals striving to find a balance between technology, art, commerce, and creativity. Their talents range from animation to performanceto fashion design to mathematics and even to medical science.
The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The gallery was initially underwritten by Ann S. Moore, a retired Chairperson of Time, as her way to contribute to the arts scene in NY. The current show “Verisimilitude” was curated by Ethan Karp, of the now shuttered but immensely […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »