Deep in the heart of artists, they vie for immortality by the work they leave behind. It will be around long after they turn to dust. It is their thought, process and being locked in that work for all eternity.
Right smack dab in the heart of Midtown Manhattan tourist crazed Times Square is an art gallery at The Church of St. Mary the Virgin (located there for nearly 150 years). Church and art has gone beyond the stained glass masterpieces or the statues on the lavishly embellished altars. Last August 15ththat AF came to [...]
Street Art has migrated off the streets and into the fine interiors of galleries or its collectors. The scruffy problem child or enfant terrible has now scrubbed itself clean to claim its place in the pristine white walls of Chelsea’s art district. Last August 7th that Wooster Collective and Jonathan LeVine Gallery presented 10 Years of Wooster Collective: 2003-2013. It was [...]
Recent Acquisitions – 2013 displayed more than fifty works of art by more than thirty artists. Paintings, drawings, photography and three-dimensional objects will be included. Work shown will be by Patrick Webb, George Stavrinos, David Wojnarowicz, Doug Blanchard, Duane Michaels, George Towne, Delmas Howe, Sara Swaty, Bernard Perlin, Greg Gorman, Robert Mapplethorpe, Charles Demuth, Johann Joachim Winklemann and [...]
BOSI Contemporary is pleased to announce HEAD, curated by Robert Curcio and D. Dominick Lombardi, a summer time exhibition to fill your head with thoughts and images of sex, industry, religion, soul, “reality”, fantasy and uneasiness.
HEAD is an exploration of a physical object, a locus of the personal, contemporary open-ended concepts and concerns. As [...]
Joshua Liner Gallery’s new show Summer Mixer opened on Thursday night, a spirited get-together of emerging and established voices from national and international galleries. This group exhibition featured works by nine artists, all of whom are making their first appearance at Joshua Liner Gallery. Each one takes a fresh approach to the material and historical [...]
On August 7thArtCenter/South Florida – the cultural epicenter of South Beach’s Lincoln Road that welcomes more than 100,000 visitors per year – opened its new I-95 South group show, a blending of emerging artists from Brooklyn and Miami.
“The Future is Now” opened Thursday night at the Highline Loft on West 26th street. We arrived a bit late, around 9pm and from the looks of it, the art show was just getting started. You know it’s a good opening if there is a line downstairs just to get into the building. I have [...]
#ppp, PPP, rox gallery, opening, Arab Parrot, Baron Von Fancy, Bob Waltzer, Cat Marnell, Clayton Petterson, Curtis Kulig, Dirty Shaun, Dylan Kraus, Erik Foss, Harry McNally, Jacuzzi Chris, Lance De Los Reyes, Mark Ferkul, Michael Anderson, Mint&Serf, Norman Seeff, Osvaldo Chance Jimenez, Pablo Power, Peter Sutherland, Pj Monte, Sean Kinney, Wyatt Neumann, Beni Zooted
It all begins with a blank surface when it comes to making art. The medium chosen by the artist to mark its pristine skin of possibility dictated what the viewers will see. This play on perception was greatly demonstrated by Daniel Subkoff at James Fuentes for the opening of his solo show last August 1st.
Painting Cave [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Ben Eine, Judith Charles Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- Application deadline: August 9th, 2013 NLE Curatorial Lab will give emerging curators both the theoretical, practical and… »
- Untitled (#155), 2012 72 ¾ x 53 ⅛ inches, 185 x 135 cm acrylic on canvas by Sven-Ole Frahm at Galerie Richard (from… »
- The Crowd of Artists and Guests Denied Access to the SOTC Opening Over 100 artists were included in an exhibition hosted in… »
- Art Opening Smiles for Spring 2013 AF day trippers come out to Mana Contemporary When I first wrote for Arte Fuse in… »
- Garbage Hunt Growing up in New York City has all the advantages of the most prestigious institutions and the pitfalls of… »
- Installation view from left to right, work by: Joseph Karwacki, Rhia Hurt, Serkan Altinoz, Joseph Karwacki, Olivié Ponce … »
- Deborah Zlotsky Not so happy, yet happier, 2012 Oil on canvas, 60 x 48 inches PRIMARY RULE - you have to buy what you… »
- Anjali Bhargave's work at Gallery 151 You Can Be a Goddess at Gallery 151 Artist L'OR (Laura O'Reilly of The City… »
- Welcome to Aperture for the Opening Reception of SHANNON Art Photography from SHANNON at Aperture Opening Reception… »
- Amsterdam Whitney Gallery Opening July 18 This special, “Stars & Stripes Forever!” exhibition offers an exuberant… »