A sense of place and orientation gives reassurance but in the landscape of art – chaos takes you further. Last May 15th at Asya Geisberg Gallery that Allison Gildersleeve featured her latest painting series for her show Elsewhere. AF came to the show and in the abstract twisted world of the artist, they allowed themselves to get lost willingly or [...]
No it is not a brand of imported beer or an Indie Band debuting in Chelsea. They are two artists who had their opening receptions at Petzel Gallery last May 15th. Heimo Zobernig featured paintings with sculpture installations dotting the space to create a very conceptual cornucopia that everyone feasted on. Robert Heinecken presented works based on multiples of [...]
Last May 15th, art photography lovers came to delight in the works of Sze Tsung Leong for Horizons. With the countless combinations of various places in the world, Leong unified diptych, triptych or groups of images all connected by the distinct horizon line it shared. A desert plain makes sense next to an ice tundra all because of the carefully [...]
In a previous piece Dutes Miller & Stan Shellabarger (husband/husband) dug two graves, next to each other, with an underground opening allowing them to join hands while lying apart from each other in these dirt holes. Their work, in general, seems to be about the desire for selfless and eternal union (on a personal [...]
Last May 10th, our talented ARTE FUSE photographers took the East River Ferry and came to Randall’s Island to peruse the art and have oodles of fun. Their brilliant shots of the fair captured the fantastical, sublimely technical and playful spirit of Frieze Art Fair 2014. If their images made you sigh then say, “I [...]
Two months and a half ago: I got a text from my very good friend and artist, Rai Alexandra, and the three words that shot out immediately: I NEED YOU. She has this idea brewing and we needed to merge to have a meeting of the minds. It was intriguing. Even more so when she asked [...]
Last Friday I braved the on-again and off-again rain to make the way downtown to Wooster Street. If you don’t remember, it was the sort of weather that surprised you at every block’s turn, though nearly every other pedestrian seems to look more windswept than you felt. Fittingly, the show at team gallery remarks on [...]
New York, NY April 30, 2014. Launching on May 12th, Mavi will hold a contest for artists to create a mural on the brand’s U.S. flagship store in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
From May 12th until June 6th, artists can submit their designs to Events.email@example.com for a chance to put their stamp on the [...]
Marc Straus’s infamous 3-floor gallery on a Sunday evening launched the showcase of 3 intriguing artists; namely, Jong Oh, Florian Schmidt and Chris Jones, whose precise minimal abstractions employed vinyl acrylic, canvas, wood, cardboard, Plexiglas, thread, chain and metal rods.
Chris Jones’ solo exhibit on the second floor truly struck me, as did his words. Using magazine, book images, [...]
Last Saturday May 3rd, Arte Fuse attended the opening for Screens and Shrouds by Erika Mahr at Launch F18. Tim Donovan and Sam Trioli run the space and together they curate fantastic shows. They find emerging artists, work with them and take them to the next level.
The exposition is dark giving this clean [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Artist Maria Raquel Cochez's photographs Last week I trekked out to Long Island City (not far at all) to see the much… »
- Photos by Max Noy and Olya Turcihin Sticker Social Club Collective's booth at Fridge art fair. Dorfman… »
- Ai Yamaguchi, aoi ooinuAcrylic on cotton, blanket and panel, 2012, 43.25 x 43.25 x 2 inches / 110 x 110 x 6 cm Ai… »
- Yellow Bead Flower, 2013 glazed stoneware and porcelain, glass beads 4.5 x 3.5 x 3.5" Biblical figures are currently being… »
- The key to understanding Craig Norton‘s work at Jim Kempner Fine Art might be in answering why all these old people are… »
- Opening night for Erik den Breejen at Freight and Volume Gallery Opening night for Erik den Breejen at Freight and Volume… »
- My friend Ekaterina Lishmanova brought the work of Gregory Hayes to my attention and I wanted to pass this work on… »
- This is Immortality by Tracy DiTolla watercolor on paper 15x22 inches Artist Statement: I am currently working in… »
- The arrival of a big, new gallery in Chelsea should be a cause of interest. If I am not mistaken, before the arrival of… »
- Large, colorful paintings of legendary animals by Walton Ford are currently on view in Chelsea in a show titled… »