It was a two-artist show that is on its second leg on its three-city tour. (Dallas / New York / Zurich) AF came to the opening of Otis Jones + Bret Slater last June 19th and it was a great pairing indeed. Jones is more of a minimalist where his lighter application and quiet hues evoke a stark [...]
Sometimes the best experiences are the ones you don’t plan for. It was your typical Thursday art night on the Lower East Side and after several gallery runs that one more stop could be overkill. However, walking into Y Gallery that it was an impressive body of work and the best part was the quiet din of [...]
Hilda Abla is an inspiring artist that challenges the media stereotypes of beauty by creating bold naked paintings of her own nudity. Living and working amidst Beirut and New York, Hilda, aka Hildos, not only develops her art, but has been able to inspire thousands of men and women through her TED talk on art, body, and self-acceptance.
The abstract patterns that were often displayed among depictions of wild animals, in ancient cave art, had been a real mystery to anthropologists for generations. Then, one fine day, an anthropologist in Africa was allowed to drink a hallucinogenic drug while entering into a trance induced by chanting, drumming and dancing. He soon realized that [...]
We’ve been covering art shows for a couple of years now and once in a while we enjoy going to an area that we haven’t explored. Last Friday, Arte Fuse went to the Upper East Side to attend the opening of Magical Thinking at Gallery Rene Mele located on East 75th street. I enjoyed the walk down [...]
AF coined “the gritty bosom” for the Lower East Side and now we ended up last June 12th at “the exquisitely exfoliated cleavage” of the Upper East Side for Summer Art Festival 2014 held at the $65 million Waterfall Gallery and Mansion. All floors were filled with established and emerging artists that showed technical prowess in line with artistic might. [...]
Jack of all trades and master of FUN – that should be a great description of what this artist does and for his first solo show with the gallery, well, it sure is a variety of works and the hits just kept on coming. AF came to the opening of Thomas Campbell for Ampersand and he showed paintings and [...]
The quick glance of something familiar and fear that builds knowing it’s something else. Those are the idioms and conventions that the artist Alison Brady has tried to convey with the images in her photography. AF came to the opening of what should remain secret last June 12th and found scenes captured by this artist are very revelatory of our [...]
My paintings are intended as a locus for the exploration of visual sensation and a mindful state of being. They operate as provocative invitations for the viewer to go past their minds normal conceptions, yet maintain their own relationship to mindfulness and looking. I have a studied experimental mode of work; it is not aimed at perfection, but rather discovery.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Untitled / Swimmer 12x12", oil on mylar mounted on panel, 2013 "Beauty always offers its own form of seduction" —… »
- As a possible descendant of Carl Friedrich Gauss (the Prince of Mathematicians, the inventor of non-Euclidean geometry and… »
- Harold Ancart Nikolas Gambaroff, Double (G), 2013, bronze and shirt, 74 x 55 inches (124,5 x 58,4 cm) At Clearing… »
- The Lodge Gallery - Mating Season - Opening Reception The Lodge Gallery - Mating Season - Opening Reception The Lodge… »
- Blue Gorilla by Renelio Marin oil on canvas 24 x 48 inches Bloomsburg Self Portrait by Rebecca Morgan graphite & oil… »
- When you walk into the William Holman Gallery on the Lower East Side you almost immediately see a large striking photo of… »
- Piers Bourke Lick My Rear (Blue Pink) 2012 Acrylic and ink on collaged photographic print Piers Bourke Frank the Buffalo… »
- Yangyang: Down the Rabbit Hole at Madelyn Jordon Fine Art Good Day Escape, 2014, oil, charcoal and pastel on linen, 30 x… »
- Colorful work and characters on Thursday Art Night Close detail of work by Franklin Evans The studio is where it’s at… »
- Guests at Peter Martensen opening at BDG Artist Peter Martensen at his opening in Bertrand Delacroix Gallery The… »