303 Gallery opened its ninth exhibition of Sue Williams’ work, “WTC, WWIII, Couch Size,” this past Thursday., January 16th The show was full of bright colors reaching across large canvases all around the gallery.
Williams’ canvases were a complex blur of colors, ranging from your basic primary and secondary colors to vibrant, Lisa-Frank-level, highlighter colors. All this color [...]
If you build it, they will come and boy did the art folks showed up for the first solo exhibition of British born but now based in Sunset Park, Brooklyn artist – Jeff Landman - for Working on a Building last January 16th. AF came into the space of Tracy Williams, Ltd. to find all his sculptural installations perfectly [...]
One of the most engaging kinds of art is art that sets up an emotional dialogue with the viewer. If that art also is created with technical virtuosity and comes from the heart then you have art that you owe it to yourself to go see.
Most artists have been told that they should create art for art’s sake and not for profit. This show was put together with the intention to challenge that conventional wisdom. This exhibition champions the belief that artists should be compensated and recognized for the work they do. Artists have to pay their bills like anyone [...]
ZieherSmith gallery was buzzing with conversation and life when we walked in between the two live sets commissioned to accompany Allison Schulnik’s latest stop-motion claymation film, Eager. The artist had a strong presence at the opening, moving about the room throughout the night, speaking with a number of guests and fielding all sorts of questions. (For instance, I [...]
Right off the gate, AF began this year with a group show where the art wasn’t tied together by themes or elements but rather a rhythmic consistent pulse that fueled the show Cadence at Margaret Thatcher Projects last January 9th. The show curated by May Yeung brought in a good measure of works by Frank Badur, Daniel Hill, Pat Lipsky, [...]
Quollective, a social network for styling and sharing quotes on iOS, today announces a collaboration with the Austin-based artist Caroline Wright.
The show title is enough to draw you in as you imagine the American revolutionaries slapping on the war paint and hurling spears while letting out a tribal yell. Well the British were certainly not coming and were headed for the hills! Yankee Zulu, the title of the latest exhibition of South African artist, Shaun Ellison opened last [...]
Last Friday night Arte Fuse stopped by the opening of Imagine: a pop up art exhibition being held on 555 6th avenue in New York City which was supported by Stonehenge. By the time we got there, the line was already around the block and they were not letting anyone else in because it was packed inside. We couldn’t wait to see the [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014
Find us on YouTube
- Gary Indiana interview Manhattan is dead. Who killed Manhattan? We went to ask the noir writer Gary Indiana in his living… »
- Artist Statement My work represents a heavy mix of memories, daily thoughts, and conscious dreams and focuses on… »
- Woodward Gallery launches their 20TH Anniversary Year with the group exhibition “Sur-Real." The exhibition title emphasizes… »
- EDGAR ALLAN POE, THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH - A COLLABORATIVE READING- Anne Breimaier with Andrew Campbell (pictured) and… »
- Another year closes and a new one begins at the blink of an eye. 2013 was filled with so much variety, visual impact and a… »
- Light Installation of Garrett Pruter at Judith Charles Gallery by Deukyun Hwang DUMBO Arts Festival photo by Olya… »
- MAGIC CUSTOM WANTS is a self-released single, part of the 9-track album Where I am I by Brooklyn-based experimental… »
- All Tomorrow’s Parties (and Then Some): Kiwi Arts Group Electrifies Miami with Basel Block Party William John… »
- Bokov and Brodar at Van der Plas Gallery A guest at the Opening (L) Bokov holding court at Van der Plas… »
- Everyone came to celebrate 2 years of Strange Loop A fashion video showcasing downtown couture by Claire Fleury (L-R)… »