New York based curator and artist liaison Samantha Katz is thrilled to launch the first Google Glass artist interview series on Sept. 1, 2013. Deemed Gallery Glass, this 30-day project will explore real artist studios and galleries using Google’s latest incarnation of the hands-free, ubiquitous computer.
Inspired by her involvement in the annual Brooklyn-based [...]
This Season, Robert Indiana will be concurrently featured with traveling exhibitions opening at The Whitney Museum of American Art (Retrospective), The Munson Proctor Arts Institute, and the The Indianapolis Museum (Print Retrospective).
Van der Plas Gallery’s August 28th closing reception of “It’s Boring to Die – Johan Wahlstrom” created a feeling of exhilaration, happiness, and perhaps some sadness that summer is almost over. But, as artist, Johan Wahlstrom evokes through his paintings, one should appreciate all emotion, because dying is certainly boring. As I walked through the show once [...]
Singular Beauty is a photographic examination of cosmetic surgery, seen through the lens of artist Cara Phillips. Instead of focusing on portraits of patients and procedures, she focuses on the machines, tools, and consultation rooms rarely seen by anyone except those who are seeking perfection, at any price.
Original Prints – Why Buy Them and What Should You Look For?
A good, artistically viable print is not just a reproduction of a popular image made by an artist, but an extension of his entire artistic vision. More and more often, respected artists are making prints because they see them as an integral part [...]
The human body is poetry in motion or cuts into space with sheer emotion as it expresses through dance. Last August 22nd, Flowers Gallery hosted a special performance inspired by their summer show “Under My Skin – Nudes in Contemporary Photography”. Maverick Dance Experience moved throughout the space as performers clad in sheer skin toned [...]
The listing said it was the “Best in Contemporary Art” and we were eager to see if it lived up to the hype. AF came to the second floor space of this gallery on 25th Street in Chelsea and discovered two shows. On one side was the collective Portals of Perception and on the opposite part of the [...]
I had a dream. I was floating in the air, surrounded by beheaded sheep, winged lions’ heads, wired birds, and floating castles. The background music reminded me of something that I couldn’t classify, something between the music of a video game and the soundtrack of an action movie. I was continuously feeling emptiness in my [...]
What does music look like? When we listen to Miles playing “Bitches Brew” or Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour charming his reverberating guitar on “Time,” what do we see? In his third exhibition at the gallery, the Düsseldorf based photographer explores the possibilities.
We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- Exhibition Dates: August 22 - 25, 2013 Hours: August 22: 3 – 7pm August 23: 12 – 7pm August 24:… »
- Inquiring Minds Explore Art on the LES at Artifact Gallery Artist Elke Jade Jakubowski Artifact (noun) a: something… »
- Full Length Art by Qinza Najm Opening for Qinza Najm at SMV Gallery Artist Qinza Najm Paintings by Qinza… »
- The crowd outside the site for Wooster Collective Show in Chelsea Shepard Fairey getting mobbed by fans Art works by… »
- Opening for "Recent Acquisitions - 2013" at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art (L-R) Curator Kristen Sancken… »
- HEAD Curated by Robert Curcio and D. Dominick Lombardi BOSI Contemporary is pleased to announce HEAD, curated by Robert… »
- An Art lover taking a closer look Wayne White Invisible Ruler Acrylic on offset Lithograph, 29 x 53 inches Joshua… »
Brooklyn & Miami Artists Collide in South Beach at ArtCenter/South Florida’s New Mashup: “I-95 South”Kyle Yanagihara, Gustavo Oviedo, Tyler Healy, Susan Caraballo, Dean Levin and Evan Robarts Evan Robarts installing his… »
- "The Future is Now" opening at the Highline Loft The crowd at "The Future is Now" Artist Kimyon Huggins next to his… »
- Art by Mint & Serf at ROX Gallery Gallery director Emerald Fitzgerald (L) with a friend At the #PPP Opening… »