We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Ben Eine, Judith Charles Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- "Speak to Me about...Healthcare!" at Paul Kolker Gallery Paul Kolker has one of the coolest gallery spaces in all of… »
- Jamie Martinez & his art at CLIO Art Fair Reflect on the art of Rodolfo Edwards The first week of March in New York… »
- RAN HWANG: THE SNOWFALL OF SPIDERS AT LEILA HELLER GALLERY To the Japanese samurai, cherry blossoms represented a good… »
- HOUSE OF THE NOBLEMAN presents Breathless The curator has asserted its role as vital to the success and viability of an… »
- Opening reception for Jordan Kantor Tableaux – (noun, plural) 1: a graphic description or representation: 2: a… »
- Careful now, it better not chew on the equipment Guess from what Animal Kingdom this is Taxidermy du jour kicks ass… »
- The attention to detail is amazing for those in attendance The packed house at Lyons Wier Gallery The tide has turned… »
- 60 Collective from Blue Barn Pictures, Inc. on Vimeo. On March 6th, 2014, Curator Frankie Velez and The Walk Way… »
- Smell for Yourself: Fragrance Art at Dillon Gallery In hunting and gathering societies, the keen sense of smell some… »
- Through the Forest at Campton Gallery by Regina Saura, in her studio Through the Forest #1 by Regina Saura, mixed media,… »