We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014
Find us on YouTube
- The “via negativa” (negative way) is a concept which indicates that you can only really know what God is by knowing… »
- 4heads is seeking independent artists worldwide working in all disciplines (painting, photography, sculpture, installation,… »
- As Jeffrey Deitch (former Director of MOCA) said at Mana Contemporary recently, if you were to think of the most prominent… »
- Testament, a collection of war photographs by photojournalist, Chris Hondros (1970 - 2011) "A shared experience..."… »
- In the wake of the March 31 closure by the DOB of Angel Orensanz Center, Fridge Art Fair will be presented at 5-25 46th… »
- MUSIC REVIEW: 55 Bar - The Vic Juris Trio – Sunday, April 6th, 2014 Coming down to the 55 Bar is like coming home… »
- The amazing color beautiful works of Beatriz Elorza Everyone surrounded by art in full bloom Two years ago, Beatriz… »
- Jef Campion/Army of One at Castle Fitzjohn Gallery Jef Campion/Army of One at Castle Fitzjohn Gallery Jef… »
- By calling the show she curated “Simple Life Is Interesting!” Janet Fong hints at the thread running through the work… »
- The art crowd at ArtNowNY opening for PUSH IT Artist Tracy Piper Bad Ass art shines on Art Night in… »