We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Arianna Carossa, Rooster Gallery, April 2014
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
- "Gama Caves" Photos by Osamu James Nakagawa at sepiaEYE To this day the governments of South Korea and China feel that… »
- The reinvention of Rodin's The Thinker as Arianna ponders ART New York is always the city where everyone has seen it… »
- Artist Justine Hill at Galerie Protégé AF: When did your interest within the arts begin? JH: I was raised making… »
- Last Thursday AF attended the opening for View of Dawn in the Tropics: Paintings, 1989-1990 by Julian… »
- Fridge Art Fair NY Invites All to New Location; Long Island City, NY After March 31st closure by the NYC DOB of The Angel… »
- Drummer Bill Goodwin, photo by Lauri Samet I met the legendary jazz drummer, Bill Goodwin, in his hideaway home atop The… »
- Audrey thanks for taking your time to talk to Arte Fuse. We love your new project called Epic Epoch. Can you tell us more… »
- I have the feeling that most war movies are really religious epics in disguise. You have the hero’s journey in… »
- The “via negativa” (negative way) is a concept which indicates that you can only really know what God is by knowing… »
- 4heads is seeking independent artists worldwide working in all disciplines (painting, photography, sculpture, installation,… »
Find us on YouTube