WED JANUARY 25th 2012, 6pm – late
22 WARREN ST, TRIBECA, NEW YORK CITY
You’re invited to join us for our newest exhibition featuring a meet and greet with our lineup of eclectic artists, live musical entrainment and full bar.
Conception is back!
After the huge success of our inaugural Fall [...]
Michelle Muzyka’s “Efflorescence” is a series of blossoming paper organisms. This entity creeps to occupy these alcoves of unused space. The longer this area remain vacant and overlooked, the more this fungi structure starts to multiply and flourish as it slowly expands to encompasses more distance. It is an installation representing an artificial species composed [...]
For the fresh and still hungry when it comes to art, the gritty bosom of the Lower East Side (LES) makes it the nesting ground for emerging artists. A very surprising gem of a gallery on Attorney Street bisecting Stanton, here sits number thirty-five that hosted an opening for a group show entitled “Subliminal Sunlight” [...]
Lyons Weir Gallery has a star on their stable. Jazz-minh Moore was a contestant on Season 2 of Bravo’s reality TV show “Work of Art: The Next Great Artist” and the opening reception held last January 5th could be considered as poetic justice after being eliminated from the show. In her own words, the artist [...]
On the first Friday, the 13th of 2012, step into a portal that will take you through and beyond the abyss.
Kaliptus will be creating a universe of its own, an exhibition of multimedia and contemporary fine arts that will take those present on a vision quest to the gap in between the Real and [...]
A dialog between destruction and the narrative…
The new proposal from Erick Sánchez is a response to environmental, social, political and inhumane worldwide contemporary issues. He gives shape to an unstable space that no longer has or will disappear because of globalization, industrialization and global warming. This leads to natural disasters extinguishing life and nature. [...]
Video by: Vincent Zambrano and Jose Patino
The Directors of Marlborough Chelsea are pleased to announce an exhibition of new work by Vincent Desiderio. Featuring eighteen new paintings in oil and mixed media, this will be Desiderio’s seventh exhibition with Marlborough Gallery. The show will open with a reception from six to [...]
Air, Sound and Light installation by Gregory Holm and Jeffrey Williams.
Following the success of The Detroit Ice House and the Fire House projects , installation and sound artists Gregory Holm and Jeffrey Williams continue reconsidering existing spaces and challenging how we perceive ourselves within them. Creating a site-specific collaboration with Paul Seftel Project [...]
The Hole NYC gallery opened us to the fantastical world created by Lola Montes Schnabel, who had her opening last December 16, 2011. The show entitled “Love Before Intimacy” had five works presented and comprised of allegorical suggestive figurative paintings. Coincidentally, the palette was pared down also to five colors that are attributed to the [...]
Windows Orchard Gallery always puts on a phenomenal group show and this time it’s all about SEXTING. If you are not familiar with the term, once upon a time you used to do phone sex by talking dirty but with the smart phones available, you can now do the same but text it nasty. This group [...]
Orchards Windows Gallery is pleased to present “Toy War” a solo exhibition by the artist Margaret Roleke.
Roleke creates politically aware work, which is visually beautiful. Children’s war toys and packaging for these toys have fascinated her and become integrated elements in her wall reliefs and paper pieces. These reliefs and paper pieces read first [...]
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
James Turrell: “Second Meeting” | “Exclusive” | Art21
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- Front of Site 109 where Jack Geary Contemporary presents Federico Cattaneo On to the more glamorous side of the LES from… »
- Even the Dragon gets into the Street Vibe via skateboard The fine china collection by Sheryo x the Yok at Krause… »
- Venus photo by Olya Turcihin Alright, I know what you’re thinking. AF has gone to the dogs indeed! What are we drinking… »
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »