It has always been my principle that I never dissect the inner motivations and intent of the artist. That in itself is a sacred place where an outsider such as myself can’t claim to understand. What I put down in writing is a visceral reaction that I have to the work displayed before me. Last [...]
Dutch artist Diet Wiegman (1944) is referred to as the ‘art omnivore’ and started an art movement by the same name. Wiegman has a very comprehensive oeuvre and works in a multitude of disciplines. His work is both conceptually and visually intriguing.
As a progressive ceramist, Wiegman acquired fame in the late sixties. Rusted [...]
AF: Where are you originally from?
AC: I am half Swedish and half American. I grew up in Atlanta, GA and spent most summers of my childhood in the Swedish archipelago outside Stockholm.
AF: How did you end up in New York?
AC: It’s New York! This city is magnetic and like so many artists [...]
Dana Roes received her MFA in Painting from the University of Pennsylvania in 1993 where she developed her interest in abstraction as a means of creating psychological/intellectual spaces which suggest that the nature of reality is interactive and changeable. Her current body of work, “Threshold”, was created during a tumultuous period of transition. These [...]
Europe based artist Faranú (1980) Graduated (B.A. degree) in 2008 at the Willem de Kooning Academy of fine Arts, Rotterdam The Netherlands where she lives and works. During her study Faranú was coached by various established Dutch artists. Short after her graduation she had several group exhibitions including a Duo Exhibition with the well-known [...]
Dutch multidisciplinary artist Mike Redman (1978) knew at a very early age which direction he’d head into. His first short videofilm he made at age fourteen. It garnered him a lot of publicity and a job at a renowned special effects studio where he built up an impressive resume as a special make-up effects [...]
Bio: Chris Morring is a photographer that believes you have to know the rules before you can break them. He received a traditional education in photography from San Francisco State University while exploring new ways to use his chosen medium. Morring has investigated the dawn of his craft and considers photography’s history as he shapes [...]
Artist statement: My work explores the intricate relationship between ancient and contemporary artistic modes of expression. Utilizing digital media as a tool for synthesis, I integrate traditional forms of poetry, music, myth-narrative and performance with computer-generated content, video, rap and urban life. Being that the majority of my work is improvised, it [...]
Once in a while, I imagine myself sleeping at the Garden of Eden in heaven, dreaming about descending to this world to travel a journey called Life. This peculiar thinking has led me to hold the exhibition, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”
My dream starts with His creation, where I was just a clay pot. Throughout [...]
Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught himself to oil paint around the age of 26 although he spent quite a bit of time writing graffiti as a teen. Painting is not his only profession, though it is his passion. He is a neuroscientist by trade.
Rodrigo is of Mexican [...]
For over three decades, contemporary Georgian artist and co-founder of the 10th Floor Group, Oleg Timchenko has never ceased to amaze audiences and art collectors worldwide. Born in Tbilisi, Georgia (former Soviet Union) in 1957, Oleg discovered his passion for the arts at a young age. In pursuing this passion, he attended The Tbilisi State [...]
Jesse Sanchez is a full time, award winning art director and graduate of The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. He has worked as an Art Director and Designer since graduating in 1985. He has been exhibiting his fine art publicly for over 10 years. His work can be seen in [...]
Lou is a self taught artist that has been steadily creating an impressive body of work with a portfolio that spans nearly four decades. Lou has been exhibiting his work for 4 years now, with recent shows in upstate NY and two in New York City with more shows to follow. His shows have [...]
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »