My imagery springs from a deep sense of wonder, which is most strongly triggered whenever I encounter examples of great science or awe-inspiring art. I am fascinated by the action of powerful forces such as volcanic eruptions and whirling tornadoes, by the mysteries of gravitation and magnetism, and by the repeating patterns that abound in nature. Extra terrestrially, I am captivated by images of supernovas, solar flares, Saturn’s orbiting rings, and spectacular spiral galaxies. Within an art historical context, I have drawn from multiple “isms” including aspects of Surrealism, Cubism, Futurism, Abstract Expressionism, Minimalism, and Conceptual Art.
My current series is derived from multiple perspectives of curved lines, often converging or diverging, from which bold curvilinear patterns are generated. Different patterns are grouped and juxtaposed into swirling, surging, and at times vertiginous compositions. Wet-into-wet and directional brush strokes enhance the sense of flow, circulation, and motion within each piece. Because these basic curvilinear forms occur in such diverse contexts – from the sub-atomic to the cosmic in scale – this series of abstractions encourages a multiplicity of interpretations.
For more information, please visit www.burtonreinart.com.
- PICTURE THIS: Naturally Selected at Krause Gallery
- Interview and studio visit with Artist Robert Attanasio
- “Out of Order” New paintings by Tadasuke Jinno at Tazza Gallery
- “The Carpenter Series” by Hans Wolf opens at NAAS
- Artist Almost certain “Divine Intervention” took place to make “The Carpenter Series” a reality!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- Eric Blum's Foreign Parts showing at Markel Fine Arts from November 14 until December 21st Different Markets Your Local… »
- Philanthropist Swanee DiMare, CEO of Gribraltar Private Bank & Trust Adolfo Henriques and Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacaca… »
- Kimyon Huggins' studio Artist Kimyon Huggins AF: I am intrigued as to when your interest within the arts began and how… »
- The packed crowd at Garis & Hann Gallery "Suddenly, There: Discovery of the Find" Group show at Garis & Hahn… »
- Mural by Shepard Fairey Dumbo Murals Dumbo Murals Through a partnership between the DOT's Urban Art Program,… »
- Leah Speckhard talking to a friend at the opening Last Tuesday November 19th Artion Gallery finally opened downtown after… »
- Full of Beans (2013) by William Bradley Opening for William Bradley at Galerie Richard “I’m no good of being noble,… »
- Viewing the work of Damian Stamer at Freight + Volume Artist Damian Stamer at Freight + Volume If you build it, they… »
- The signature work of Dotty Attie Full on Dotty Attie the artist The fascination and mystique of the masked figure can… »
- River Dies of Thirst (2013) by Saad Qureshi There is a growing trend and the winds seem to be rising in the east, well,… »