We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Mihyun Kang has been in New York City for a couple years now and in her ‘My Midori’ series she photographed 50… »
- Installation view of Alison Rossiter’s “Paper Wait,” Yossi Milo Gallery© Thomas Seely, Courtesy Yossi Milo Gallery, New… »
- More Bradley Hart work at Anna Zorina Gallery Close Up on a sculpture by Bradley Hart Back in March 2013, I had my… »
- Art Lovers at Kim Foster Gallery Artist Kathleen Mulcahy Art by Ron Desmett Thursday Art Night at Kim Foster… »
- Perusing the art at Metro Pictures Check Mate on Art Night in Chelsea The art crowd at Metro Pictures in Chelsea … »
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »