We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »
- So many statements made at the show RESPOND in Smack Mellon Respond at Smack Mellon in DUMBO The Art goers come out… »
- Perusing the art of Erin Smith Amy Li (at center) with guests at the opening for Erin Smith Here is the unusual… »
- As the cognitive psychologist Jerome Bruner pointed out, before children can visually represent anything, they scribble.… »
- As he was being forced to leave the USA, in 1948, the composer Hanns Eisler read this statement to the press: “I leave… »
- Guest enjoying the work of Julia Sinelnikova Opening night for Magick Show at Galerie Protégé Folks who like to… »
- Installation shot of 20in15 at Woodward Gallery Woodward Gallery boldly unites a group of twenty living artists working in… »
- Meg Hitchcock, Hymn to Durga, 2014, cut paper from the Bible, 14 x 11 inches (35.5 x 28 cm); framed: 17 x 14 inches (43 x 28… »