We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Ian Bertram is an artist living and working in New York. He is interested in uncovering the hedonistic and fatalistic… »
- Untitled ELK, 80” x 45” x 30”Elk Taxidermy, Resin,Steel, Gold Plate, 2014 “Babies”, Digital C Print, 16” x… »
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »
- A peek at Thursdday Art Night in Chelsea Up CLose with artist Fernando Mastrangelo The subtle beauty of work by… »