We stopped by Tazza Gallery to see the new geometric paintings by artist Tadasuke Jinno curated by Denis Arguedas. Of this series the artist comments, “My recent works consist of two or more canvases – hand-shaped, designed and mounted on stretchers – created to conform to the specific patterns of each work. A sense of incongruity is expressed through the juxtaposition of the filled and empty spaces and the contrasting matted and polished surfaces of the canvas. The harmony created in this incongruity establishes a dialog among all the different values of color, shape, line, movement, perspective and shadow.”
For press inquires or more information contact Denis Arguedas, Director of Tazza Gallery, at 201 414 4811.
547 W 27th St, Suite 533
Photos by Jamie Martinez
Jamie Martinez is the founder and publisher of ARTE FUSE. He is also a contemporary artist through a visual innovation he calls “Triangulism” in which he “cuts” (his own term) images into triangulated segments as a way to express their essential form. Jamie’s work has been featured in Nolita Heats, Escape into Life, The New York Optimist, and Blouin ARTINFO. He has shown in Russia, Spain, Canada, Miami and numerous galleries in New York City. His website is WWW.JAMIEMARTINEZ.NET.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »