Moving to their new locale at 82 Mercer, VOLTA NY charged up the cobblestone streets of SOHO with its single project per gallery fair. Despite the heavy rain and slush, AF came last Thursday night (3/7) to see what art gems could warm up our fancy. As always VOLTA NY didn’t fail to deliver the more curated and focused set up. Housed in their new digs with its warmer toned interiors and intimate feel, each participating gallery sought to bring the crème de la crème of contemporary art from their stable of artists. It must be difficult to choose one to showcase at the fair but every booth was a confident contender for our attention. Jamie Martinez snapped away as we explored the fair then met some familiar faces and encountered new ones as well. This year, VOLTA NY jolted new energy and vitality to the SOHO neighborhood.
VOLTA NY, 82 Mercer. New York, NY 10013.
Fair was held: March 7 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »
- So many statements made at the show RESPOND in Smack Mellon Respond at Smack Mellon in DUMBO The Art goers come out… »
- Perusing the art of Erin Smith Amy Li (at center) with guests at the opening for Erin Smith Here is the unusual… »
- As the cognitive psychologist Jerome Bruner pointed out, before children can visually represent anything, they scribble.… »
- As he was being forced to leave the USA, in 1948, the composer Hanns Eisler read this statement to the press: “I leave… »
- Guest enjoying the work of Julia Sinelnikova Opening night for Magick Show at Galerie Protégé Folks who like to… »