Moving to their new locale at 82 Mercer, VOLTA NY charged up the cobblestone streets of SOHO with its single project per gallery fair. Despite the heavy rain and slush, AF came last Thursday night (3/7) to see what art gems could warm up our fancy. As always VOLTA NY didn’t fail to deliver the more curated and focused set up. Housed in their new digs with its warmer toned interiors and intimate feel, each participating gallery sought to bring the crème de la crème of contemporary art from their stable of artists. It must be difficult to choose one to showcase at the fair but every booth was a confident contender for our attention. Jamie Martinez snapped away as we explored the fair then met some familiar faces and encountered new ones as well. This year, VOLTA NY jolted new energy and vitality to the SOHO neighborhood.
VOLTA NY, 82 Mercer. New York, NY 10013.
Fair was held: March 7 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »