Moving to their new locale at 82 Mercer, VOLTA NY charged up the cobblestone streets of SOHO with its single project per gallery fair. Despite the heavy rain and slush, AF came last Thursday night (3/7) to see what art gems could warm up our fancy. As always VOLTA NY didn’t fail to deliver the more curated and focused set up. Housed in their new digs with its warmer toned interiors and intimate feel, each participating gallery sought to bring the crème de la crème of contemporary art from their stable of artists. It must be difficult to choose one to showcase at the fair but every booth was a confident contender for our attention. Jamie Martinez snapped away as we explored the fair then met some familiar faces and encountered new ones as well. This year, VOLTA NY jolted new energy and vitality to the SOHO neighborhood.
VOLTA NY, 82 Mercer. New York, NY 10013.
Fair was held: March 7 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »