Moving to their new locale at 82 Mercer, VOLTA NY charged up the cobblestone streets of SOHO with its single project per gallery fair. Despite the heavy rain and slush, AF came last Thursday night (3/7) to see what art gems could warm up our fancy. As always VOLTA NY didn’t fail to deliver the more curated and focused set up. Housed in their new digs with its warmer toned interiors and intimate feel, each participating gallery sought to bring the crème de la crème of contemporary art from their stable of artists. It must be difficult to choose one to showcase at the fair but every booth was a confident contender for our attention. Jamie Martinez snapped away as we explored the fair then met some familiar faces and encountered new ones as well. This year, VOLTA NY jolted new energy and vitality to the SOHO neighborhood.
VOLTA NY, 82 Mercer. New York, NY 10013.
Fair was held: March 7 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Artist Armando Marino Skylight gallery mistook his wife for a hat, or rather her husband since the gallery is directed… »
- Interrelated Echoes, 2014, (view 1) Steel, 62" x 41" So you’ve seen Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man – the… »
- Chambers Fine Art and Francis Naumann Fine Art have teamed up to present some of Ai Wei Wei’s latest work, along with a… »
- After two intense weeks of attending openings to kick-off the Fall 2014 Art Season, AF went back to Chelsea for… »
- Co-owner Frank Maresca Our final stop for the evening was Body Electric curated by Margot Mifflin at Ricco… »
- Iranian born New York based Samira Abbassy’s solo exhibition Conflicting Narratives: Series of Eternal War at B2OA… »
- Sometimes Brian Calvin paints a slightly open mouth against a plain background. Sometimes he presents an image of this… »
- Welcome to art night on Wednesday in NOLITA at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Wednesday night in NOLITA is alive with their art… »
- Definitely not a wall flower with this piece “Wear It Loud” at R|R Gallery Art +Jewelry Exhibition—Mercedes… »
- The Trygve Lie Gallery, located on the lower level of the Norwegian Seaman Church in Midtown East, is currently… »