The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made a grand commemorative kick-off with body painted models hoisting urinals in homage to the spirit of Marcel Duchamp. Booths were set up with the edgier, raw nature, and diverse variety of works from the city’s emerging talents. The crowd that came was there to hang loose and hungry for mind-blowing art. AF photographer Max Noy (who was also showing work at the fair) did the rounds and captured the frenetic energy of Fountain. DJ’s provided the beats and drink kiosks kept the good times flowing all through the night. It is always fun at the Fountain!
Fountain Art Fair New York. 69th Regiment Armory (25th & Lexington Ave.) NYC.
Fair was held: March 8 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A, Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Portrait painting owes its most meaningful possible impact to our ability to discern character traits and emotional… »
- Ho-ho-ho for Art at Postmasters Gallery Postmasters Gallery presents Ryder Ripps Artist Ryder Ripps Art is lively… »
- Thursday Art Night at Dillon Gallery The eyes have it in the work of Santiago Ydanez Artist Santiago Ydanez The… »
- The art crowd at Winston Wachter Gallery The image transformed in the work of Margeaux Walter Artist Margeaux… »
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »