The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made a grand commemorative kick-off with body painted models hoisting urinals in homage to the spirit of Marcel Duchamp. Booths were set up with the edgier, raw nature, and diverse variety of works from the city’s emerging talents. The crowd that came was there to hang loose and hungry for mind-blowing art. AF photographer Max Noy (who was also showing work at the fair) did the rounds and captured the frenetic energy of Fountain. DJ’s provided the beats and drink kiosks kept the good times flowing all through the night. It is always fun at the Fountain!
Fountain Art Fair New York. 69th Regiment Armory (25th & Lexington Ave.) NYC.
Fair was held: March 8 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A, Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
- Check out: The Fountain Art Exhibit at Pier 66, open until Sunday
- Let’s Play in the Fountain Art Fair
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- CALL 4 ARTISTS – NEW YORK ART FAIR
- A Photographer’s Tour: Fountain Art Fair 2014
Sign up for our newsletter!
Oscar Murillo At David Zwirner Gallery
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »
- Last Friday night, Arte Fuse headed to Brooklyn to check out some shows in Bushwick. Our last stop on the agenda was… »
- Yasushi Nakamura - bass, Ben Perowsky - drums Fat Cat It is difficult to succinctly write about pianist, Jon Davis. … »
- Although Tiananmen Square is referenced in the notes for the show “Square” by Zhang Dali (at Klein Sun Gallery), I… »