The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made a grand commemorative kick-off with body painted models hoisting urinals in homage to the spirit of Marcel Duchamp. Booths were set up with the edgier, raw nature, and diverse variety of works from the city’s emerging talents. The crowd that came was there to hang loose and hungry for mind-blowing art. AF photographer Max Noy (who was also showing work at the fair) did the rounds and captured the frenetic energy of Fountain. DJ’s provided the beats and drink kiosks kept the good times flowing all through the night. It is always fun at the Fountain!
Fountain Art Fair New York. 69th Regiment Armory (25th & Lexington Ave.) NYC.
Fair was held: March 8 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A, Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Fernando Mendoza Bravo November 2011. “The hour of the Wolf is the hour between night and dawn, when most people… »
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »