The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made a grand commemorative kick-off with body painted models hoisting urinals in homage to the spirit of Marcel Duchamp. Booths were set up with the edgier, raw nature, and diverse variety of works from the city’s emerging talents. The crowd that came was there to hang loose and hungry for mind-blowing art. AF photographer Max Noy (who was also showing work at the fair) did the rounds and captured the frenetic energy of Fountain. DJ’s provided the beats and drink kiosks kept the good times flowing all through the night. It is always fun at the Fountain!
Fountain Art Fair New York. 69th Regiment Armory (25th & Lexington Ave.) NYC.
Fair was held: March 8 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A, Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
- Check out: The Fountain Art Exhibit at Pier 66, open until Sunday
- Let’s Play in the Fountain Art Fair
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- CALL 4 ARTISTS – NEW YORK ART FAIR
- A Photographer’s Tour: Fountain Art Fair 2014
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »
- Opening night for Kent Henricksen's Disharmony in Blue and Gold at The Lodge Gallery Aritst Kent Henricksen After a… »