The winter mess cleared for the opening night of Fountain Art Fair at the 69th Regiment Armory last Friday (3/8). The venue was the original location of the Armory Show in 1913, which marked the 100th year when great masters showed artworks in the cavernous space. This year, the fun and excitement overflowed as the fair made a grand commemorative kick-off with body painted models hoisting urinals in homage to the spirit of Marcel Duchamp. Booths were set up with the edgier, raw nature, and diverse variety of works from the city’s emerging talents. The crowd that came was there to hang loose and hungry for mind-blowing art. AF photographer Max Noy (who was also showing work at the fair) did the rounds and captured the frenetic energy of Fountain. DJ’s provided the beats and drink kiosks kept the good times flowing all through the night. It is always fun at the Fountain!
Fountain Art Fair New York. 69th Regiment Armory (25th & Lexington Ave.) NYC.
Fair was held: March 8 – 10, 2013
text by: Oscar A, Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »