Photography by Eric Sanchez
Widely regarded for its influential voice in the emerging art market, SCOPE New York 2013 returned featuring 55 international galleries alongside 20 Breeder Program galleries, selected by curatorial panel. Hailing from four continents and eighteen countries, SCOPE exhibitors represent the best and brightest contemporary work from emerging and mid-career artists. These were the best booths in show.
Long-established as the original incubator for emerging work, SCOPE’s Breeder Program celebrates its 13th year of introducing new galleries to the contemporary market. A remarkable opportunity for unprecedented exposure, Breeder Program alumni include: Peres Projects, John Connelly Presents, Galeria Enrique Guerrero, Daniel Reich Gallery, Bischoff/Weiss, INVISIBLE-EXPORTS, SEVENTEEN, ROKEBY, Taxter Spengemann, Magical Artroom and Spinello Projects, among other notable galleries.
SCOPE taps into the cultural psyche to present only the most pioneering work across multiple creative disciplines, with over a decade of critically acclaimed art fairs and non-profit initiatives that extend beyond the ordinary in Contemporary art, design, music and fashion.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Ian Bertram is an artist living and working in New York. He is interested in uncovering the hedonistic and fatalistic… »
- Untitled ELK, 80” x 45” x 30”Elk Taxidermy, Resin,Steel, Gold Plate, 2014 “Babies”, Digital C Print, 16” x… »
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »
- A peek at Thursdday Art Night in Chelsea Up CLose with artist Fernando Mastrangelo The subtle beauty of work by… »