Photography by Eric Sanchez
Widely regarded for its influential voice in the emerging art market, SCOPE New York 2013 returned featuring 55 international galleries alongside 20 Breeder Program galleries, selected by curatorial panel. Hailing from four continents and eighteen countries, SCOPE exhibitors represent the best and brightest contemporary work from emerging and mid-career artists. These were the best booths in show.
Long-established as the original incubator for emerging work, SCOPE’s Breeder Program celebrates its 13th year of introducing new galleries to the contemporary market. A remarkable opportunity for unprecedented exposure, Breeder Program alumni include: Peres Projects, John Connelly Presents, Galeria Enrique Guerrero, Daniel Reich Gallery, Bischoff/Weiss, INVISIBLE-EXPORTS, SEVENTEEN, ROKEBY, Taxter Spengemann, Magical Artroom and Spinello Projects, among other notable galleries.
SCOPE taps into the cultural psyche to present only the most pioneering work across multiple creative disciplines, with over a decade of critically acclaimed art fairs and non-profit initiatives that extend beyond the ordinary in Contemporary art, design, music and fashion.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »
- The work of Alois Kronschlaeger at Cristin Tierney The opening reception for Alois Kronschlaeger Experiencing the art… »
- The work of Bill Jensen at Cheim & Read Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Cheim & Read In amazement at the work… »
- The city of Juárez Mexico has launched a public relations campaign. Heartened by the fact that the city went from the #1… »
- View of Repsychling Group Exhibition "Repsychling" curated by Vida Sabbaghi at the Macy Art Gallery (Columbia… »
- "I had returned from Spain looking for the ‘sexual revolution’ and instead found sexual commercialization that mostly… »
- The Allegory of Painting, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 40 inches each painting - Diptych “Interior Conversation” at Van Der… »
- With astute observation and a wry wit, the dynamics of New York City’s denizens, streets and landmarks come to life in… »