Photography by Eric Sanchez
Widely regarded for its influential voice in the emerging art market, SCOPE New York 2013 returned featuring 55 international galleries alongside 20 Breeder Program galleries, selected by curatorial panel. Hailing from four continents and eighteen countries, SCOPE exhibitors represent the best and brightest contemporary work from emerging and mid-career artists. These were the best booths in show.
Long-established as the original incubator for emerging work, SCOPE’s Breeder Program celebrates its 13th year of introducing new galleries to the contemporary market. A remarkable opportunity for unprecedented exposure, Breeder Program alumni include: Peres Projects, John Connelly Presents, Galeria Enrique Guerrero, Daniel Reich Gallery, Bischoff/Weiss, INVISIBLE-EXPORTS, SEVENTEEN, ROKEBY, Taxter Spengemann, Magical Artroom and Spinello Projects, among other notable galleries.
SCOPE taps into the cultural psyche to present only the most pioneering work across multiple creative disciplines, with over a decade of critically acclaimed art fairs and non-profit initiatives that extend beyond the ordinary in Contemporary art, design, music and fashion.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »