Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
The following photographers are included in this exhibition:
Margaret Bourke White. Harry Callahan. William Christenberry. William Clift. Jack Delano. William Eggleston. Mitch Epstein. Walker Evans. Robert Frank. Todd Hido. Evelyn Hofer. John Humble. David Husom. Birney Imes. Dorothea Lange. Russell Lee. Helen Levitt. Martin Parr. Christian Patterson. Gene Petersen. Sheron Rupp. Stephen Shore. Aaron Siskind. Joel Sternfeld. John Szarkowski. George Tice. John Vachon. Chris Verene. Camilo José Vergara. James Welling. Henry Wessel.
Perusing the heart and soul of America with the various photos on view that our very own AF shutterbug at large, Max Noy, snapped away and captured scenes that are typically Chelsea – New York City. These are images that will be a sure classic of what is considered the American – New York style when it comes to art openings and the aficionados that populate them.
Everyday America: Photographs from the Berman Collection
On View: February 21 – March 23, 2013
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 am – 6 pm)
Steven Kasher Gallery. 521 West 23rd Street. NYC, NY 10011
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »
- The Yard hosts the charity art event Curator Gregory de la Haba Jamie Martinez and his work at the event Art +… »
- Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Arte Povera… »
- Some serious wall art that makes you smile. Left to right: “Doe” by Kristen Leonard, “Absens” by Monique Mantell,… »
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »
- Guess who was really born on December 25th? That’s right, baby Mithras. He was a sun god in the Roman Empire who liked… »