Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
The following photographers are included in this exhibition:
Margaret Bourke White. Harry Callahan. William Christenberry. William Clift. Jack Delano. William Eggleston. Mitch Epstein. Walker Evans. Robert Frank. Todd Hido. Evelyn Hofer. John Humble. David Husom. Birney Imes. Dorothea Lange. Russell Lee. Helen Levitt. Martin Parr. Christian Patterson. Gene Petersen. Sheron Rupp. Stephen Shore. Aaron Siskind. Joel Sternfeld. John Szarkowski. George Tice. John Vachon. Chris Verene. Camilo José Vergara. James Welling. Henry Wessel.
Perusing the heart and soul of America with the various photos on view that our very own AF shutterbug at large, Max Noy, snapped away and captured scenes that are typically Chelsea – New York City. These are images that will be a sure classic of what is considered the American – New York style when it comes to art openings and the aficionados that populate them.
Everyday America: Photographs from the Berman Collection
On View: February 21 – March 23, 2013
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 am – 6 pm)
Steven Kasher Gallery. 521 West 23rd Street. NYC, NY 10011
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »