Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
The following photographers are included in this exhibition:
Margaret Bourke White. Harry Callahan. William Christenberry. William Clift. Jack Delano. William Eggleston. Mitch Epstein. Walker Evans. Robert Frank. Todd Hido. Evelyn Hofer. John Humble. David Husom. Birney Imes. Dorothea Lange. Russell Lee. Helen Levitt. Martin Parr. Christian Patterson. Gene Petersen. Sheron Rupp. Stephen Shore. Aaron Siskind. Joel Sternfeld. John Szarkowski. George Tice. John Vachon. Chris Verene. Camilo José Vergara. James Welling. Henry Wessel.
Perusing the heart and soul of America with the various photos on view that our very own AF shutterbug at large, Max Noy, snapped away and captured scenes that are typically Chelsea – New York City. These are images that will be a sure classic of what is considered the American – New York style when it comes to art openings and the aficionados that populate them.
Everyday America: Photographs from the Berman Collection
On View: February 21 – March 23, 2013
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 am – 6 pm)
Steven Kasher Gallery. 521 West 23rd Street. NYC, NY 10011
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Installation view of Alison Rossiter’s “Paper Wait,” Yossi Milo Gallery© Thomas Seely, Courtesy Yossi Milo Gallery, New… »
- More Bradley Hart work at Anna Zorina Gallery Close Up on a sculpture by Bradley Hart Back in March 2013, I had my… »
- Art Lovers at Kim Foster Gallery Artist Kathleen Mulcahy Art by Ron Desmett Thursday Art Night at Kim Foster… »
- Perusing the art at Metro Pictures Check Mate on Art Night in Chelsea The art crowd at Metro Pictures in Chelsea … »
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »