Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
The following photographers are included in this exhibition:
Margaret Bourke White. Harry Callahan. William Christenberry. William Clift. Jack Delano. William Eggleston. Mitch Epstein. Walker Evans. Robert Frank. Todd Hido. Evelyn Hofer. John Humble. David Husom. Birney Imes. Dorothea Lange. Russell Lee. Helen Levitt. Martin Parr. Christian Patterson. Gene Petersen. Sheron Rupp. Stephen Shore. Aaron Siskind. Joel Sternfeld. John Szarkowski. George Tice. John Vachon. Chris Verene. Camilo José Vergara. James Welling. Henry Wessel.
Perusing the heart and soul of America with the various photos on view that our very own AF shutterbug at large, Max Noy, snapped away and captured scenes that are typically Chelsea - New York City. These are images that will be a sure classic of what is considered the American – New York style when it comes to art openings and the aficionados that populate them.
Everyday America: Photographs from the Berman Collection
On View: February 21 – March 23, 2013
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 am – 6 pm)
Steven Kasher Gallery. 521 West 23rd Street. NYC, NY 10011
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »
- A mural painting by Shie Moreno PORTRAIT of artist Shie Moreno Unexpectedly stepping foot into this happening haven—I… »
- (L-R) Co-Founder of Cinders Gallery Sto Len with Monique Mantell Our final stop for our Thursday night art walk was Cinders… »
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »