Last February 21st, AF walked into a veritable collection of photographs that depicts the mundane and iconic representation of life in America. Steven Kasher Gallery gathered over a hundred images from the collection of Bruce Berman (CEO of Village Roadshow Pictures) with thirty-one outstanding photographers and works ranging from the 1930s through present day.
The following photographers are included in this exhibition:
Margaret Bourke White. Harry Callahan. William Christenberry. William Clift. Jack Delano. William Eggleston. Mitch Epstein. Walker Evans. Robert Frank. Todd Hido. Evelyn Hofer. John Humble. David Husom. Birney Imes. Dorothea Lange. Russell Lee. Helen Levitt. Martin Parr. Christian Patterson. Gene Petersen. Sheron Rupp. Stephen Shore. Aaron Siskind. Joel Sternfeld. John Szarkowski. George Tice. John Vachon. Chris Verene. Camilo José Vergara. James Welling. Henry Wessel.
Perusing the heart and soul of America with the various photos on view that our very own AF shutterbug at large, Max Noy, snapped away and captured scenes that are typically Chelsea – New York City. These are images that will be a sure classic of what is considered the American – New York style when it comes to art openings and the aficionados that populate them.
Everyday America: Photographs from the Berman Collection
On View: February 21 – March 23, 2013
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 am – 6 pm)
Steven Kasher Gallery. 521 West 23rd Street. NYC, NY 10011
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
event photography by: Max Noy
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Interrelated Echoes, 2014, (view 1) Steel, 62" x 41" So you’ve seen Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man – the… »
- Chambers Fine Art and Francis Naumann Fine Art have teamed up to present some of Ai Wei Wei’s latest work, along with a… »
- After two intense weeks of attending openings to kick-off the Fall 2014 Art Season, AF went back to Chelsea for… »
- Co-owner Frank Maresca Our final stop for the evening was Body Electric curated by Margot Mifflin at Ricco… »
- Iranian born New York based Samira Abbassy’s solo exhibition Conflicting Narratives: Series of Eternal War at B2OA… »
- Sometimes Brian Calvin paints a slightly open mouth against a plain background. Sometimes he presents an image of this… »
- Welcome to art night on Wednesday in NOLITA at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Wednesday night in NOLITA is alive with their art… »
- Definitely not a wall flower with this piece “Wear It Loud” at R|R Gallery Art +Jewelry Exhibition—Mercedes… »
- The Trygve Lie Gallery, located on the lower level of the Norwegian Seaman Church in Midtown East, is currently… »
- What might be the oldest symbol for the concept of ‘rebirth’? Well, if you go back to the cave paintings of about… »