Sean Lamoureux and Sam Trioli first met in the fall of 2004 while they both were attending a small art school in southern New Hampshire. Sean, a photography major, and Sam, studying painting, each possessed the admirable ambitions that young artists often do and craved the fight for art stardom. Even as the years progressed […]
Our society places great emphasis on detail, but the rare individual pauses long enough to appreciate this specialty. If detail refers to the parts which make up the whole, this exhibition relies on the small elements considered for each unique work of art. The group of Artists are: Michael Alan, Susan Breen, Thomas Buildmore, Deborah […]
I stopped by Friday night to check out the opening for Brown Black White at a _____ space, which is an arts studio during the weekdays, a popup gallery on the weekends, and an auction house on Monday evenings. Founder and Curator Mike De’Shazer explains: We pick a talented local artist with a unique vision […]
“Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The Denmark based duo of Nicolai Howalt and Trine Søndergaard presented their recent and early works last February 21st at Bruce Silverstein. It was a very down to […]
There is something luminous and attractive about the photographic oeuvres produced by Christopher Bucklow for his second show at Danzinger Gallery. Like a moth flying towards the flame, AF came to the opening last February 21st to get burned by Bucklow’s lovely points of light.
Bucklow presented 17 works ranging from figurative to abstract in background […]
Opening for M.O. (Modus Operandi), a group exhibition featuring three artists of different disciplines whose work is heavily process driven . Annell Livingston, Steven Peters, and Erik Patton were chosen as winners from the Summer 2012 Competition, by juror and New York Arts Magazine executive editor Jason Stopa. Each artist’s process is multilayered, exploring construction and deconstruction, […]
Leica Camera, the legendary German camera and sport optics brand, opens the new Store New York SoHo. Located at 460 West Broadway, in the heart of one of New York City’s most frequented boutique shopping areas, the store will feature the entire Leica photography and sport optics product portfolio.
“Leica is excited that we can […]
Friday, March 1, 6-8 pm
Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art
Kent Monkman is one of the most celebrated queer artists working in Canada today. With a foot in each of our defining binaries, be they male/female, past/present, Aboriginal/European, Canadian/American, Monkman’s work underscores that contact always leaves both parties changed. Operating at the intersection […]
RARE & RAW
The 2013 Queer Caucus Exhibition for the College Art Association
February 15 – March 31, 2013
co-curated by Steph Rogerson and Kelly McCray
Opening reception: 6-8pm Friday, February 15, 2013
Rare & Raw will represent the Queer Caucus for Art’s annual exhibition held in conjunction with the College Art Association […]
What a great opening on February 13 at Marlborough Gallery for the exhibition of recent work by the Cuban- born American painter, Julio Larraz. This will be Larraz’s fourth exhibition in New York since joining the gallery in 2000. The exhibition features approximately 24 large paintings on canvas and 4 watercolors and pastels on paper.
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »
- To experience Eliane Elias in concert is to understand the notion of temporary bliss. With a career spanning forty… »
- The Art Aficionados come out for the ART at Rooster Gallery Artist Arianna Carossa plus Italian hand gesture My first… »
- We are pleased to present “The Future Is Now” at 60 Orchard St Gallery in the Lower East Side. This unique… »
- Art Basel in Miami Beach 2014 | Public | Performance: Alix Pearlstein, Work by Sarah Braman, Door, 2013 – 2014… »
- Doug Rickard-Baltimore, MD 21x33 Inkjet Pigment Print, Google Street The Philadelphia Photo Arts Center hosted an exhibit… »
- The Benrubi Gallery is in the historic Fuller Building on 57th street, along with a sizeable number of other galleries, so… »
- It’s a good thing painting was never truly dead, or David Lloyd would not have been able to exhibit his new paintings at… »
- Ancient folks thought of the tree as a type of bridge between the earth and the sky. A tree’s roots dig down deep into… »