Sean Lamoureux and Sam Trioli first met in the fall of 2004 while they both were attending a small art school in southern New Hampshire. Sean, a photography major, and Sam, studying painting, each possessed the admirable ambitions that young artists often do and craved the fight for art stardom. Even as the years progressed [...]
Our society places great emphasis on detail, but the rare individual pauses long enough to appreciate this specialty. If detail refers to the parts which make up the whole, this exhibition relies on the small elements considered for each unique work of art. The group of Artists are: Michael Alan, Susan Breen, Thomas Buildmore, Deborah [...]
I stopped by Friday night to check out the opening for Brown Black White at a _____ space, which is an arts studio during the weekdays, a popup gallery on the weekends, and an auction house on Monday evenings. Founder and Curator Mike De’Shazer explains: We pick a talented local artist with a unique vision [...]
“Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The Denmark based duo of Nicolai Howalt and Trine Søndergaard presented their recent and early works last February 21st at Bruce Silverstein. It was a very down to [...]
There is something luminous and attractive about the photographic oeuvres produced by Christopher Bucklow for his second show at Danzinger Gallery. Like a moth flying towards the flame, AF came to the opening last February 21st to get burned by Bucklow’s lovely points of light.
Bucklow presented 17 works ranging from figurative to abstract in background [...]
Opening for M.O. (Modus Operandi), a group exhibition featuring three artists of different disciplines whose work is heavily process driven . Annell Livingston, Steven Peters, and Erik Patton were chosen as winners from the Summer 2012 Competition, by juror and New York Arts Magazine executive editor Jason Stopa. Each artist’s process is multilayered, exploring construction and deconstruction, [...]
Leica Camera, the legendary German camera and sport optics brand, opens the new Store New York SoHo. Located at 460 West Broadway, in the heart of one of New York City’s most frequented boutique shopping areas, the store will feature the entire Leica photography and sport optics product portfolio.
“Leica is excited that we can [...]
Friday, March 1, 6-8 pm
Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art
Kent Monkman is one of the most celebrated queer artists working in Canada today. With a foot in each of our defining binaries, be they male/female, past/present, Aboriginal/European, Canadian/American, Monkman’s work underscores that contact always leaves both parties changed. Operating at the intersection [...]
RARE & RAW
The 2013 Queer Caucus Exhibition for the College Art Association
February 15 – March 31, 2013
co-curated by Steph Rogerson and Kelly McCray
Opening reception: 6-8pm Friday, February 15, 2013
Rare & Raw will represent the Queer Caucus for Art’s annual exhibition held in conjunction with the College Art Association [...]
What a great opening on February 13 at Marlborough Gallery for the exhibition of recent work by the Cuban- born American painter, Julio Larraz. This will be Larraz’s fourth exhibition in New York since joining the gallery in 2000. The exhibition features approximately 24 large paintings on canvas and 4 watercolors and pastels on paper.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »
- Curator David A. Willis Last week a group of thirteen artists alongside curator David Wills took over a storefront… »