New York Realism Fine Art is pleased to present AMERICAN VISUAL ART, our first international fine arts exhibition of American artists at the Marina Tsvetaeva Museum in Moscow, Russian Federation. Please join us on Saturday, December 22 from 6-8 pm for the exhibition’s opening where you can enjoy meeting and communicating with many of the […]
Kathy Grayson, proprietor of New York’s hottest gallery space – The Hole, has shared some images of their current shows from two amazing artists (Sayre Gomez & Matthew Stone) and gave her personal insights as well.
Kathy on Sayre Gomez:
“Gomez has filled the gallery with elegant and obtuse paintings, from the dark and perplexing […]
The Essential 411 about the show:
WHERE: Charles Bank Gallery, 196 Bowery (Bowery and Spring Street), NYC
WHAT: COLOR or COLOUR…, a group exhibition featuring Ben Eine, Lee Baker, Katrin Fridriks, and Michael Bevilacqua.
WHEN: November 27, 2012 – January 31, 2013
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to present this year’s winter group show, Color or Colour …, which features […]
Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught himself to oil paint around the age of 26 although he spent quite a bit of time writing graffiti as a teen. Painting is not his only profession, though it is his passion. He is a neuroscientist by trade.
Rodrigo is of Mexican […]
The Vivisector, investigates two bodies of work by Cindy Sherman: the photographic series ‘Sex
Pictures’ (1989-1992) in which the artist examined the body through mannequins and prosthetics, and a
subsequent series of black and white images entitled ‘Broken Dolls’ (1999), depicting dismembered and
reconstructed figurines. The exhibition will contextualise and re-evaluate the […]
Miquel Gelabert was one of three emerging artists selected to inaugurate the New Artists’ Space at the Fundació Arranz-Bravo (2009), and it is through this association that Franklin Bowles Gallery, along with a number of important collectors, have come to acknowledge and appreciate his work.
Franklin Bowles Gallery (New York) has enjoyed a long and successful relationship with […]
As proof positive that ART is back indeed at Chelsea’s gallery row that AF came to the re-opening of Galerie Richard. It was one of the galleries that sustained massive water damages and such during Super Storm Sandy. Jean-Luc Richard, the proprietor, was present and related to us the details of the damages which were […]
Wildlife paintings do not have to be representational. Some of the most exciting new painting of the wildlife takes its form more from Picasso than the pictorially representative, brightly coloured Cubist cows, for instance, or images of beasts of prey where the form of motion and power is more important than a realistic depiction of […]
“I found I could say things with shapes and colors I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
Shapes and colors dominated the paintings of Korea based artist Sejin Park for her first New York solo show “Won-Kyung” at Doosan Gallery. AF had the chance to have […]
My first encounter with Haeri Yoo was at a group exhibition back in 2010 at the Chelsea Art Museum (now closed) for “Abstraction Revisited” where she showed with the likes of the abstract greats like Sam Francis, Larry Poons, and Lee Krasner. Her work stood up on its own as I distinctly remembered the vibrant color […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »
- To experience Eliane Elias in concert is to understand the notion of temporary bliss. With a career spanning forty… »
- The Art Aficionados come out for the ART at Rooster Gallery Artist Arianna Carossa plus Italian hand gesture My first… »
- We are pleased to present “The Future Is Now” at 60 Orchard St Gallery in the Lower East Side. This unique… »
- Art Basel in Miami Beach 2014 | Public | Performance: Alix Pearlstein, Work by Sarah Braman, Door, 2013 – 2014… »
- Doug Rickard-Baltimore, MD 21x33 Inkjet Pigment Print, Google Street The Philadelphia Photo Arts Center hosted an exhibit… »
- The Benrubi Gallery is in the historic Fuller Building on 57th street, along with a sizeable number of other galleries, so… »
- It’s a good thing painting was never truly dead, or David Lloyd would not have been able to exhibit his new paintings at… »
- Ancient folks thought of the tree as a type of bridge between the earth and the sky. A tree’s roots dig down deep into… »