New York Realism Fine Art is pleased to present AMERICAN VISUAL ART, our first international fine arts exhibition of American artists at the Marina Tsvetaeva Museum in Moscow, Russian Federation. Please join us on Saturday, December 22 from 6-8 pm for the exhibition’s opening where you can enjoy meeting and communicating with many of the [...]
Kathy Grayson, proprietor of New York’s hottest gallery space – The Hole, has shared some images of their current shows from two amazing artists (Sayre Gomez & Matthew Stone) and gave her personal insights as well.
Kathy on Sayre Gomez:
“Gomez has filled the gallery with elegant and obtuse paintings, from the dark and perplexing [...]
The Essential 411 about the show:
WHERE: Charles Bank Gallery, 196 Bowery (Bowery and Spring Street), NYC
WHAT: COLOR or COLOUR…, a group exhibition featuring Ben Eine, Lee Baker, Katrin Fridriks, and Michael Bevilacqua.
WHEN: November 27, 2012 – January 31, 2013
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to present this year’s winter group show, Color or Colour …, which features [...]
Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught himself to oil paint around the age of 26 although he spent quite a bit of time writing graffiti as a teen. Painting is not his only profession, though it is his passion. He is a neuroscientist by trade.
Rodrigo is of Mexican [...]
The Vivisector, investigates two bodies of work by Cindy Sherman: the photographic series ‘Sex
Pictures’ (1989-1992) in which the artist examined the body through mannequins and prosthetics, and a
subsequent series of black and white images entitled ‘Broken Dolls’ (1999), depicting dismembered and
reconstructed figurines. The exhibition will contextualise and re-evaluate the [...]
Miquel Gelabert was one of three emerging artists selected to inaugurate the New Artists’ Space at the Fundació Arranz-Bravo (2009), and it is through this association that Franklin Bowles Gallery, along with a number of important collectors, have come to acknowledge and appreciate his work.
Franklin Bowles Gallery (New York) has enjoyed a long and successful relationship with [...]
As proof positive that ART is back indeed at Chelsea’s gallery row that AF came to the re-opening of Galerie Richard. It was one of the galleries that sustained massive water damages and such during Super Storm Sandy. Jean-Luc Richard, the proprietor, was present and related to us the details of the damages which were [...]
Wildlife paintings do not have to be representational. Some of the most exciting new painting of the wildlife takes its form more from Picasso than the pictorially representative, brightly coloured Cubist cows, for instance, or images of beasts of prey where the form of motion and power is more important than a realistic depiction of [...]
“I found I could say things with shapes and colors I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
Shapes and colors dominated the paintings of Korea based artist Sejin Park for her first New York solo show “Won-Kyung” at Doosan Gallery. AF had the chance to have [...]
My first encounter with Haeri Yoo was at a group exhibition back in 2010 at the Chelsea Art Museum (now closed) for “Abstraction Revisited” where she showed with the likes of the abstract greats like Sam Francis, Larry Poons, and Lee Krasner. Her work stood up on its own as I distinctly remembered the vibrant color [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- What if Abbie Hoffman had been cryogenically frozen after his suicide in 1989 and was then brought back to life again… »
- Federico Infante, Toward The Sun, 2014, Acrylic on Canvas, 47¾" x 99" The Bertrand Delacroix Gallery in Chelsea is… »
- Blue Mountain Gallery is currently presenting a series of oil paintings, Along the Bay, by Barbara Segal. Segal is a native… »
- A Dada-inspired artist, Johannes Baader, once ran into a church in Germany and yelled: “Jesus is a sausage!” I am… »
- One night in May 1980, in Gwang-ju, Korea, the city was occupied by the army and martial law was declared. Every possible… »
- Ben Hartley Interview with Ben Hartley, the new US International Managing Director of Auctionata.com AF: Ben Hartley is… »
- Ezra Johnson has unveiled his latest collection of paintings, sculptures, animation, and other installations for his debut… »
- Jacob Hashimoto: Skyfarm Fortress at Mary Boone Gallery Jacob Hashimoto: Skyfarm Fortress at Mary Boone Gallery Did you… »
- Image courtesy of Thomas Erben Gallery Image courtesy of Thomas Erben Gallery Mike Cloud’s new works now on view at… »
- The Subjects in the ART outnumbered this guy The art of COJO at Castle Fitzjohns on the LES Each one is a… »