New York Realism Fine Art is pleased to present AMERICAN VISUAL ART, our first international fine arts exhibition of American artists at the Marina Tsvetaeva Museum in Moscow, Russian Federation. Please join us on Saturday, December 22 from 6-8 pm for the exhibition’s opening where you can enjoy meeting and communicating with many of the [...]
Kathy Grayson, proprietor of New York’s hottest gallery space – The Hole, has shared some images of their current shows from two amazing artists (Sayre Gomez & Matthew Stone) and gave her personal insights as well.
Kathy on Sayre Gomez:
“Gomez has filled the gallery with elegant and obtuse paintings, from the dark and perplexing [...]
The Essential 411 about the show:
WHERE: Charles Bank Gallery, 196 Bowery (Bowery and Spring Street), NYC
WHAT: COLOR or COLOUR…, a group exhibition featuring Ben Eine, Lee Baker, Katrin Fridriks, and Michael Bevilacqua.
WHEN: November 27, 2012 – January 31, 2013
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to present this year’s winter group show, Color or Colour …, which features [...]
Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught himself to oil paint around the age of 26 although he spent quite a bit of time writing graffiti as a teen. Painting is not his only profession, though it is his passion. He is a neuroscientist by trade.
Rodrigo is of Mexican [...]
The Vivisector, investigates two bodies of work by Cindy Sherman: the photographic series ‘Sex
Pictures’ (1989-1992) in which the artist examined the body through mannequins and prosthetics, and a
subsequent series of black and white images entitled ‘Broken Dolls’ (1999), depicting dismembered and
reconstructed figurines. The exhibition will contextualise and re-evaluate the [...]
Miquel Gelabert was one of three emerging artists selected to inaugurate the New Artists’ Space at the Fundació Arranz-Bravo (2009), and it is through this association that Franklin Bowles Gallery, along with a number of important collectors, have come to acknowledge and appreciate his work.
Franklin Bowles Gallery (New York) has enjoyed a long and successful relationship with [...]
As proof positive that ART is back indeed at Chelsea’s gallery row that AF came to the re-opening of Galerie Richard. It was one of the galleries that sustained massive water damages and such during Super Storm Sandy. Jean-Luc Richard, the proprietor, was present and related to us the details of the damages which were [...]
Wildlife paintings do not have to be representational. Some of the most exciting new painting of the wildlife takes its form more from Picasso than the pictorially representative, brightly coloured Cubist cows, for instance, or images of beasts of prey where the form of motion and power is more important than a realistic depiction of [...]
Visual artist, Jamie Martinez immigrated to Florida at the age of twelve from his native Cali, Colombia. After attending Miami International University of Art and Design and receiving his Bachelor’s degree in fine art, he then moved to New York to continue his art education at The Fashion Institute of Technology and to follow his [...]
“I found I could say things with shapes and colors I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
Shapes and colors dominated the paintings of Korea based artist Sejin Park for her first New York solo show “Won-Kyung” at Doosan Gallery. AF had the chance to have [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Opening night for Kent Henricksen's Disharmony in Blue and Gold at The Lodge Gallery Aritst Kent Henricksen After a… »
- Liu Bolin, In Junk Food No. 3, 2014Acrylic on copper, 14 1/8 x 14 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (36 x 36 x 26 cm) Liu Bolin, Hiding… »
- Between Dimensions, Nathan Kandus (image by Evan Novis)These two 20’x30’ walls consist of 794 projection screens that… »
- Artist Maria Lynch Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets… »
- Ephemera (Lost Dog), 2013, Casein on paper19 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she… »
- Sculpture by Rachel Lee Hovnanian The art crowd at Leila Heller Gallery Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to… »
- Nam June Paik was a pretty lucky guy. He was, for instance, able to move out of Korea at the age of 18, due to his… »
- The Bowery Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting a collection of oil paintings by Nagib Nahas for the show Street… »
- The full house at Zieher Smith & Horton Everyone comes out for the season openers in Chelsea Artist Philippe… »
- My shot came out great and ready to post at #INSTAGRAM New Ghost, Stained Glass Lightbox, 32 x 19 x 2 inches Claire… »