New York Realism Fine Art is pleased to present AMERICAN VISUAL ART, our first international fine arts exhibition of American artists at the Marina Tsvetaeva Museum in Moscow, Russian Federation. Please join us on Saturday, December 22 from 6-8 pm for the exhibition’s opening where you can enjoy meeting and communicating with many of the [...]
Kathy Grayson, proprietor of New York’s hottest gallery space – The Hole, has shared some images of their current shows from two amazing artists (Sayre Gomez & Matthew Stone) and gave her personal insights as well.
Kathy on Sayre Gomez:
“Gomez has filled the gallery with elegant and obtuse paintings, from the dark and perplexing [...]
The Essential 411 about the show:
WHERE: Charles Bank Gallery, 196 Bowery (Bowery and Spring Street), NYC
WHAT: COLOR or COLOUR…, a group exhibition featuring Ben Eine, Lee Baker, Katrin Fridriks, and Michael Bevilacqua.
WHEN: November 27, 2012 – January 31, 2013
CHARLES BANK GALLERY is pleased to present this year’s winter group show, Color or Colour …, which features [...]
Rodrigo Valles is a 34 year old, NYC-based, entirely self-taught artist. He taught himself to oil paint around the age of 26 although he spent quite a bit of time writing graffiti as a teen. Painting is not his only profession, though it is his passion. He is a neuroscientist by trade.
Rodrigo is of Mexican [...]
The Vivisector, investigates two bodies of work by Cindy Sherman: the photographic series ‘Sex
Pictures’ (1989-1992) in which the artist examined the body through mannequins and prosthetics, and a
subsequent series of black and white images entitled ‘Broken Dolls’ (1999), depicting dismembered and
reconstructed figurines. The exhibition will contextualise and re-evaluate the [...]
Miquel Gelabert was one of three emerging artists selected to inaugurate the New Artists’ Space at the Fundació Arranz-Bravo (2009), and it is through this association that Franklin Bowles Gallery, along with a number of important collectors, have come to acknowledge and appreciate his work.
Franklin Bowles Gallery (New York) has enjoyed a long and successful relationship with [...]
As proof positive that ART is back indeed at Chelsea’s gallery row that AF came to the re-opening of Galerie Richard. It was one of the galleries that sustained massive water damages and such during Super Storm Sandy. Jean-Luc Richard, the proprietor, was present and related to us the details of the damages which were [...]
Wildlife paintings do not have to be representational. Some of the most exciting new painting of the wildlife takes its form more from Picasso than the pictorially representative, brightly coloured Cubist cows, for instance, or images of beasts of prey where the form of motion and power is more important than a realistic depiction of [...]
Visual artist, Jamie Martinez immigrated to Florida at the age of twelve from his native Cali, Colombia. After attending Miami International University of Art and Design and receiving his Bachelor’s degree in fine art, he then moved to New York to continue his art education at The Fashion Institute of Technology and to follow his [...]
“I found I could say things with shapes and colors I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
Shapes and colors dominated the paintings of Korea based artist Sejin Park for her first New York solo show “Won-Kyung” at Doosan Gallery. AF had the chance to have [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014
Find us on YouTube
- Homunculus by Caroline Wells Chandler at Field Projects Homunculus by Caroline Wells Chandler at Field Projects I’ve… »
- Art is never just art: History of Magic II - Initiation by Alison Blickle at Kravets/Wehby In James Frazer’s “The… »
- In "Prospective," Teresa Henriques (b.1978) unveils the projects, sketches and scale models for her soon-to-come Museum… »
- For the past few months, Fridge Art Fair has been working in collaboration with the Angel Orensenz Foundation on the… »
- Blue Jack by Emilia Dubicki 18 x 18 inches, oil on canvas Sounding Line by Emilia Dubicki 56x 56 inches, oil on… »
- Εν Τούτῳ Νίκα - In this sign you will conquer! These were, allegedly, the Greek words Constantine saw in… »
- Artist Lisa Alonzo at her opening in Claire Oliver Gallery Art crowd in full force at Claire Oliver Gallery What if… »
- Artist Clayton Colvin Margaret Thatcher Projects during Art Night in Chelsea Looking at the work of Clayton… »
- The rhyme and rhizome of it all in the sculpture of Matthias Bitzer Art by Matthias Bitzer at Marianne Boesky Gallery … »
- Rob Derke - soprano saxophone I’ve been following the dynamic NYJAZZ Quartet for roughly the last year, so when I came… »