Some fetishes flourish in the dark. Some are exhibited in broad daylight, well, strobe light is more like it. Over the summer, a very exclusive underground party got down and dirty where the chic can get their freak on. The Vanilla Party (TVP) was held in a mid-town penthouse venue where it drew the likes of performance artists and fetish lovers alike plus the voyeurs who enjoy it.
Due to its resounding success and heating up the alternative scene of the city that never sleeps, TVP is back this fall with a private location at West 25thStreet in NYC. It is livin’ the flavah part deux on November 16 and this high end Fetish/Fashion soiree is back with a vengeance.
“The Vanilla Party is a unique, creative and seductive place,” said TVP co-founder Mario Barnes, “Where people can go for entertainment and express themselves, their fetishes and be themselves.”
Manhattan is the place that welcomes all kinds of things that go bump in the night and where else in the world can anyone with a fetish languish luxuriously but in the vibrant tapestry that the city weaves with its unique smorgasbord of denizens? It’s just not another PVC leather get up and gimp on a leash deal here. There are serious talent and entertainment culled for each of these parties.
“I strive to gather the best talent I can find in New York City to compliment the stunning artistic quality that Defenz Mechanizm exhibits”, says creator Sax DMA.
The Vanilla Party (TVP) was founded by
. TVP was developed as a modern and colorful alternative to the NYC fetish scene, intended to deliver something outside of the dark industrial gatherings. The November edition of this soiree will be the “Geisha” theme as chosen by performance artist, Defenz Mechanizm. “She calls the shots. I make sure they hit their target. Then I fill in the blanks.” explains Sax. “In addition to her main performance with two other dancers – this next event, we will be accompanied by four strolling models, a Shibari rope artist, a stunning burlesque performance by TVP model Rogizoid, a dark magic show by Defacto Obsolete, Sushi display on live models and art work by Kanae Kazuno.”
Sounds exotic and indeed something freaky but delightful in the subculture scene. It will be a guaranteed scream of delight if you should dare dip into a little Vanilla flavah. Are you ready to get your freak on? Let that freak flag fly high and proud!
The Vanilla Party (November 16, 2012 / 9 pm – 2 am)
151 West 25th Street #13, 7th Floor. NYC, NY 10011
For more information check out: www.thevanillaparty.com
article by: Oscar Laluyan
Photos provided by: DMA Productions NYC, LLC
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »