This, TJ Volonis’s first solo show, deals with the physical and intangible interconnectivity of the world we live in. His work focuses on the dependent relationship between the whole and the segment and the fragile balance between order and disorder. In particular he work with patterns and structures–portraying them simply and in their entirety, or through the prism of a larger pattern. In this way I can focus on specific elements of dependency within the pattern that produces a seemingly chaotic effect. For example, a piece that appears to have a stable logic will also expose the chaos that binds it together. Conversely, in other pieces which are more deliberately chaotic, the underlying order that renders it viable is exposed.
November 29, 7-11pm: Gyoza+Beer $10
Gowanus Loft: 61 9th Street, Brooklyn 11215
Gallery hours on November 2nd and 3rd by appointment only. Email to email@example.com.
Facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/
“An Inclusive World” curated by Vida Sabbaghi at The Queens Museum
Painting After Technology
YOKO ONO MORNING PEACE 2015
- Sole to Soul at Cuchifritos
- Woodward Gallery: DECADES September 12 – October 24, 2015
- Elizabeth Livingston: Night Fell at The Lodge Gallery
- Win to exhibit for free in Spectrum Miami during the Art Basel Week, December 2 – 6, 2015
- Trophy Art: The Intrinsic Value to Art Curated by Melissa McCaig-Welles and Rodrigo Valles
- Berlin’s brand new agency Bernheimer Contemporary has opened
- Spoke Art Presents the 6th Annual Wes Anderson Art Show “Bad Dads VI” at Joseph Gross Gallery
- Open Call Exhibition at Van Der Plas Gallery, New York