This, TJ Volonis’s first solo show, deals with the physical and intangible interconnectivity of the world we live in. His work focuses on the dependent relationship between the whole and the segment and the fragile balance between order and disorder. In particular he work with patterns and structures–portraying them simply and in their entirety, or through the prism of a larger pattern. In this way I can focus on specific elements of dependency within the pattern that produces a seemingly chaotic effect. For example, a piece that appears to have a stable logic will also expose the chaos that binds it together. Conversely, in other pieces which are more deliberately chaotic, the underlying order that renders it viable is exposed.
November 29, 7-11pm: Gyoza+Beer $10
Gowanus Loft: 61 9th Street, Brooklyn 11215
Gallery hours on November 2nd and 3rd by appointment only. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/
Painting After Technology
YOKO ONO MORNING PEACE 2015
- E. 1027 At Joe Sheftel Gallery
- On The High Sea In The Night With Artist Timo Klöppel
- “Pussy Don’t Fail Me Now” at Cindy Rucker Gallery
- Clocktower Productions Presents Anxious Spaces: Installation as Catalyst II, on View at Knockdown Center
- Franz West at Viana Art
- Summer Salon 2015 at the Van Der Plas Gallery
- Joseph Wolf Grazi And Indira Cesarine: “Mortem//Papiliones” at The Untitled Space
- The Writing on the Wall – Text in Visual Art – The Painting Center