This, TJ Volonis’s first solo show, deals with the physical and intangible interconnectivity of the world we live in. His work focuses on the dependent relationship between the whole and the segment and the fragile balance between order and disorder. In particular he work with patterns and structures–portraying them simply and in their entirety, or through the prism of a larger pattern. In this way I can focus on specific elements of dependency within the pattern that produces a seemingly chaotic effect. For example, a piece that appears to have a stable logic will also expose the chaos that binds it together. Conversely, in other pieces which are more deliberately chaotic, the underlying order that renders it viable is exposed.
November 29, 7-11pm: Gyoza+Beer $10
Gowanus Loft: 61 9th Street, Brooklyn 11215
Gallery hours on November 2nd and 3rd by appointment only. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/
#MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN Takes on Politics at Whitebox
Katherine Bradford: Fear of Waves at Canada Gallery
RODOLFO EDWARDS / TAPE OFF / The Layout of the Urban Landscape
- Two New York Institutions Join Forces for the Influential Exhibit ‘elmuseo@SVA’
- #MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN Takes on Politics at Whitebox
- Arboreal Anxieties at Chashama 266 by Mary Ivy Martin
- Technical Art for Digital Age- Shinji Murakami at Catinca Tabacaru Gallery
- Isabelle Fein: Illusions and Ideas at Fort Gansevoort
- Just Say When: The Transmutation of Trauma in Lari Pittman’s Nuevos Caprichos
- New Work, New York- Definitely New Wave of New Age at Woodward Gallery
- DOVE STEP – Britta Thie’s soft version of dubstep