On the occasion of Jersey City Artists Studio Tour the Fish With Braids Gallery is very pleased to present the works of Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus with FLUX, a multimedia and fine arts exhibition curates by the brilliant Italian New York-based Veronica Santi. The exhibition will take place from October 12th 2012, to November 4th. Opening reception is on the 12th from 6pm to 10pm.
“FLUX” brings forth a fusion of the technical brain and the intuitive in the form of new innovative arts that depict the vast and trans-personal experiences of dreams. With the advent of new technology emerging and novelty dropping new seeds constantly into the oceans of the mind, the abstractions of dreaming are constantly fractalling out into an explosion of new diverse realities that become available for exploration when one abandons the senses to sleep and plunges inwards. Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus are bringing back the raw dream elements and translating them out into the mundane world. The art works themselves vary in style and medium but work together like a perfect blend of opposite dualities. They create an overall effect of wholeness, diversity and surreal futurism.
Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus are both award winning artists from the east coast.
Vincent Zambrano: born in Manta, Ecuador, grew up in New York. FIT fine arts, painting, film. His passion is visual art and the creation of visual impressions, through painting and film, evoking emotions and reflections about our lives in our cultural and political context.
He participated in many group shows NY, NJ, CT, FL, solo exhibits and
entered various film festivals as HBO International New York Festival and Cannes.
For FLUX Zambrano presents over-sized QR Codes framed by bold colored geometry which he created on canvas using challenging ink-printing techniques. Scanning these technology-abstract paintings with a smart phone instantly connects to his website or shows additional paintings and animation on YouTube for an “out of gallery” experience.
Kaliptus (Born April 16, 1984 in Lisbon, Portugal) is a NY/NJ multimedia artist graduated from SVA with a BFA in animation and an MFA in computer art. Kaliptus is a prolific, multimedia artist who spends most of his time bridging the Intuitive Brain & the Technical Brain to create works of art that reveal the Trans personal Realms of Consciousness. He has been commissioned to work on projects for Marvel, Stephen King, DC Comics, Zuda Comics, Black Tide, Interscope, WFPF, MTV, Prudential Center, Zoomdout, Shpongle, Alex Grey, Sneaux, Orange County Choppers, American Choppers, Barat Foundation, Dalai Lama and more. He is currently living in New Jersey and is a busy, self-employed freelance artist, father and continually works on a wide variety of projects from his multimedia studio which he shares with Creation Nation at the Barat Foundation.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- More Bradley Hart work at Anna Zorina Gallery Close Up on a sculpture by Bradley Hart Back in March 2013, I had my… »
- Art Lovers at Kim Foster Gallery Artist Kathleen Mulcahy Art by Ron Desmett Thursday Art Night at Kim Foster… »
- Perusing the art at Metro Pictures Check Mate on Art Night in Chelsea The art crowd at Metro Pictures in Chelsea … »
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »