On the occasion of Jersey City Artists Studio Tour the Fish With Braids Gallery is very pleased to present the works of Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus with FLUX, a multimedia and fine arts exhibition curates by the brilliant Italian New York-based Veronica Santi. The exhibition will take place from October 12th 2012, to November 4th. Opening reception is on the 12th from 6pm to 10pm.
“FLUX” brings forth a fusion of the technical brain and the intuitive in the form of new innovative arts that depict the vast and trans-personal experiences of dreams. With the advent of new technology emerging and novelty dropping new seeds constantly into the oceans of the mind, the abstractions of dreaming are constantly fractalling out into an explosion of new diverse realities that become available for exploration when one abandons the senses to sleep and plunges inwards. Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus are bringing back the raw dream elements and translating them out into the mundane world. The art works themselves vary in style and medium but work together like a perfect blend of opposite dualities. They create an overall effect of wholeness, diversity and surreal futurism.
Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus are both award winning artists from the east coast.
Vincent Zambrano: born in Manta, Ecuador, grew up in New York. FIT fine arts, painting, film. His passion is visual art and the creation of visual impressions, through painting and film, evoking emotions and reflections about our lives in our cultural and political context.
He participated in many group shows NY, NJ, CT, FL, solo exhibits and
entered various film festivals as HBO International New York Festival and Cannes.
For FLUX Zambrano presents over-sized QR Codes framed by bold colored geometry which he created on canvas using challenging ink-printing techniques. Scanning these technology-abstract paintings with a smart phone instantly connects to his website or shows additional paintings and animation on YouTube for an “out of gallery” experience.
Kaliptus (Born April 16, 1984 in Lisbon, Portugal) is a NY/NJ multimedia artist graduated from SVA with a BFA in animation and an MFA in computer art. Kaliptus is a prolific, multimedia artist who spends most of his time bridging the Intuitive Brain & the Technical Brain to create works of art that reveal the Trans personal Realms of Consciousness. He has been commissioned to work on projects for Marvel, Stephen King, DC Comics, Zuda Comics, Black Tide, Interscope, WFPF, MTV, Prudential Center, Zoomdout, Shpongle, Alex Grey, Sneaux, Orange County Choppers, American Choppers, Barat Foundation, Dalai Lama and more. He is currently living in New Jersey and is a busy, self-employed freelance artist, father and continually works on a wide variety of projects from his multimedia studio which he shares with Creation Nation at the Barat Foundation.
- “Binary Dreams” by Vincent Zambrano & Kaliptus
- “BINARY DREAMS”: Vincent Zambrano and Kaliptus at Orchard Windows Gallery
- “The Cutting Age” by Giorgio Casu and Antonio Sacripante curated by Veronica Santi at Spazio 522
- VINCENT ZAMBRANO – Interviews ERICK SANCHEZ
- Virginia Martinsen interviewed by Vincent Zambrano
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »
- Curator David A. Willis Last week a group of thirteen artists alongside curator David Wills took over a storefront… »
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »
- A mural painting by Shie Moreno PORTRAIT of artist Shie Moreno Unexpectedly stepping foot into this happening haven—I… »