Some fetishes flourish in the dark. Some are exhibited in broad daylight, well, strobe light is more like it. Over the summer, a very exclusive underground party got down and dirty where the chic can get their freak on. The Vanilla Party (TVP) was held in a mid-town penthouse venue where it drew the likes of performance artists and fetish lovers alike plus the voyeurs who enjoy it.
Due to its resounding success and heating up the alternative scene of the city that never sleeps, TVP is back this fall with a private location at West 25thStreet in NYC. It is livin’ the flavah part deux on November 16 and this high end Fetish/Fashion soiree is back with a vengeance.
“The Vanilla Party is a unique, creative and seductive place,” said TVP co-founder Mario Barnes, “Where people can go for entertainment and express themselves, their fetishes and be themselves.”
Manhattan is the place that welcomes all kinds of things that go bump in the night and where else in the world can anyone with a fetish languish luxuriously but in the vibrant tapestry that the city weaves with its unique smorgasbord of denizens? It’s just not another PVC leather get up and gimp on a leash deal here. There are serious talent and entertainment culled for each of these parties.
“I strive to gather the best talent I can find in New York City to compliment the stunning artistic quality that Defenz Mechanizm exhibits”, says creator Sax DMA.
The Vanilla Party (TVP) was founded by
. TVP was developed as a modern and colorful alternative to the NYC fetish scene, intended to deliver something outside of the dark industrial gatherings. The November edition of this soiree will be the “Geisha” theme as chosen by performance artist, Defenz Mechanizm. “She calls the shots. I make sure they hit their target. Then I fill in the blanks.” explains Sax. “In addition to her main performance with two other dancers – this next event, we will be accompanied by four strolling models, a Shibari rope artist, a stunning burlesque performance by TVP model Rogizoid, a dark magic show by Defacto Obsolete, Sushi display on live models and art work by Kanae Kazuno.”
Sounds exotic and indeed something freaky but delightful in the subculture scene. It will be a guaranteed scream of delight if you should dare dip into a little Vanilla flavah. Are you ready to get your freak on? Let that freak flag fly high and proud!
The Vanilla Party (November 16, 2012 / 9 pm – 2 am)
151 West 25th Street #13, 7th Floor. NYC, NY 10011
For more information check out: www.thevanillaparty.com
article by: Oscar Laluyan
Photos provided by: DMA Productions NYC, LLC
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »