Some fetishes flourish in the dark. Some are exhibited in broad daylight, well, strobe light is more like it. Over the summer, a very exclusive underground party got down and dirty where the chic can get their freak on. The Vanilla Party (TVP) was held in a mid-town penthouse venue where it drew the likes of performance artists and fetish lovers alike plus the voyeurs who enjoy it.
Due to its resounding success and heating up the alternative scene of the city that never sleeps, TVP is back this fall with a private location at West 25thStreet in NYC. It is livin’ the flavah part deux on November 16 and this high end Fetish/Fashion soiree is back with a vengeance.
“The Vanilla Party is a unique, creative and seductive place,” said TVP co-founder Mario Barnes, “Where people can go for entertainment and express themselves, their fetishes and be themselves.”
Manhattan is the place that welcomes all kinds of things that go bump in the night and where else in the world can anyone with a fetish languish luxuriously but in the vibrant tapestry that the city weaves with its unique smorgasbord of denizens? It’s just not another PVC leather get up and gimp on a leash deal here. There are serious talent and entertainment culled for each of these parties.
“I strive to gather the best talent I can find in New York City to compliment the stunning artistic quality that Defenz Mechanizm exhibits”, says creator Sax DMA.
The Vanilla Party (TVP) was founded by
. TVP was developed as a modern and colorful alternative to the NYC fetish scene, intended to deliver something outside of the dark industrial gatherings. The November edition of this soiree will be the “Geisha” theme as chosen by performance artist, Defenz Mechanizm. “She calls the shots. I make sure they hit their target. Then I fill in the blanks.” explains Sax. “In addition to her main performance with two other dancers – this next event, we will be accompanied by four strolling models, a Shibari rope artist, a stunning burlesque performance by TVP model Rogizoid, a dark magic show by Defacto Obsolete, Sushi display on live models and art work by Kanae Kazuno.”
Sounds exotic and indeed something freaky but delightful in the subculture scene. It will be a guaranteed scream of delight if you should dare dip into a little Vanilla flavah. Are you ready to get your freak on? Let that freak flag fly high and proud!
The Vanilla Party (November 16, 2012 / 9 pm – 2 am)
151 West 25th Street #13, 7th Floor. NYC, NY 10011
For more information check out: www.thevanillaparty.com
article by: Oscar Laluyan
Photos provided by: DMA Productions NYC, LLC
- Windows Gallery presents “Provocative Pump Series” by Zachary Delacruz January 7th- 10th 2011 Opening Reception Friday, January 7th 6:00pm
- His Heart Was In His Hands
- PICTURE THIS: Look Towards Hope in Detroit
- Summer Block Party in Chelsea’s West 20th Street
- Picture This: The Video Images of Hiraki Sawa
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »