Some fetishes flourish in the dark. Some are exhibited in broad daylight, well, strobe light is more like it. Over the summer, a very exclusive underground party got down and dirty where the chic can get their freak on. The Vanilla Party (TVP) was held in a mid-town penthouse venue where it drew the likes of performance artists and fetish lovers alike plus the voyeurs who enjoy it.
Due to its resounding success and heating up the alternative scene of the city that never sleeps, TVP is back this fall with a private location at West 25thStreet in NYC. It is livin’ the flavah part deux on November 16 and this high end Fetish/Fashion soiree is back with a vengeance.
“The Vanilla Party is a unique, creative and seductive place,” said TVP co-founder Mario Barnes, “Where people can go for entertainment and express themselves, their fetishes and be themselves.”
Manhattan is the place that welcomes all kinds of things that go bump in the night and where else in the world can anyone with a fetish languish luxuriously but in the vibrant tapestry that the city weaves with its unique smorgasbord of denizens? It’s just not another PVC leather get up and gimp on a leash deal here. There are serious talent and entertainment culled for each of these parties.
“I strive to gather the best talent I can find in New York City to compliment the stunning artistic quality that Defenz Mechanizm exhibits”, says creator Sax DMA.
The Vanilla Party (TVP) was founded by
. TVP was developed as a modern and colorful alternative to the NYC fetish scene, intended to deliver something outside of the dark industrial gatherings. The November edition of this soiree will be the “Geisha” theme as chosen by performance artist, Defenz Mechanizm. “She calls the shots. I make sure they hit their target. Then I fill in the blanks.” explains Sax. “In addition to her main performance with two other dancers – this next event, we will be accompanied by four strolling models, a Shibari rope artist, a stunning burlesque performance by TVP model Rogizoid, a dark magic show by Defacto Obsolete, Sushi display on live models and art work by Kanae Kazuno.”
Sounds exotic and indeed something freaky but delightful in the subculture scene. It will be a guaranteed scream of delight if you should dare dip into a little Vanilla flavah. Are you ready to get your freak on? Let that freak flag fly high and proud!
The Vanilla Party (November 16, 2012 / 9 pm – 2 am)
151 West 25th Street #13, 7th Floor. NYC, NY 10011
For more information check out: www.thevanillaparty.com
article by: Oscar Laluyan
Photos provided by: DMA Productions NYC, LLC
- Windows Gallery presents “Provocative Pump Series” by Zachary Delacruz January 7th- 10th 2011 Opening Reception Friday, January 7th 6:00pm
- His Heart Was In His Hands
- PICTURE THIS: Look Towards Hope in Detroit
- Summer Block Party in Chelsea’s West 20th Street
- Picture This: The Video Images of Hiraki Sawa
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »