Behind the scenes at the Frieze Art Fair curators race against the clock to buy new and important works for Tate’s collection.
Now in its tenth year, The Outset/Frieze Art Fair Fund has enabled Tate to acquire many significant works by emerging artists for the national collection. This year TateShots was given unique access to a selection process that has never been filmed before. We followed the curators as they decided which works to purchase at this year’s fair.
Over the years, 83 works by 54 significant international artists have been acquired. The Fund is organized and financed by Outset Contemporary Art Fund and enjoys support from Le Méridien Hotels and Resorts.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »