Behind the scenes at the Frieze Art Fair curators race against the clock to buy new and important works for Tate’s collection.
Now in its tenth year, The Outset/Frieze Art Fair Fund has enabled Tate to acquire many significant works by emerging artists for the national collection. This year TateShots was given unique access to a selection process that has never been filmed before. We followed the curators as they decided which works to purchase at this year’s fair.
Over the years, 83 works by 54 significant international artists have been acquired. The Fund is organized and financed by Outset Contemporary Art Fund and enjoys support from Le Méridien Hotels and Resorts.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »
- Clio art fair 2015 CLIO ART FAIR returns for its 2nd year in NYC March 5th – 8th at 508-526 West 26th Street… »