Now in its new digs at The Tunnel in Chelsea at 11th Avenue & 28th Street, the Affordable Art Fair Fall 2012 Edition had a preview party on October 4th. ARTE FUSE got a sneak peek and threw ourselves into the melee of art lovers to see some familiar and new exhibitors at the fair. With over half of the inventory under $5,000 – there was excitement for all looking to take home a great piece of art! AF photographer Deukyun Hwang trained her camera on the night’s action and we came away with a priceless experience only a fair such as this could bring.
With respect to more than 60 Domestic and International galleries exhibiting, we made some pit stops to capture great picture moments for the following: Villa del Arte Galleries (Barcelona, Spain / Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Booth A3), Capital Culture Gallery Ltd. (London, UK – Booth B12), Inart Studio (Bribane, Queensland, Australia – Booth B20), Recession Art (New York, NY USA – Booth B26), Barsky Gallery (Hoboken, NJ USA – Booth B30), Wanrooij Gallery (Arnhem, The Netherlands – Booth A23), Jeni Weinberger Art Gallery (Marlborough, Wilshire, UK – Booth B25), Escarlata Espacio de Arte (Buenos Aires, Argentina – Booth B21), Manifold Editions (London, UK – Booth A22), Monica Zadan Fine Arts (New York, NY USA – Booth A13), Sciacco Studio (Sao Paolo, Brazil – Booth A12), ArtBlue Studio (Vietnam/Singapore – Booth A9), and Edgewater Gallery (Middlebury, VT / Cos Cob, CT USA – Booth B3)
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »
- Opening night for Kent Henricksen's Disharmony in Blue and Gold at The Lodge Gallery Aritst Kent Henricksen After a… »
- Liu Bolin, In Junk Food No. 3, 2014Acrylic on copper, 14 1/8 x 14 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (36 x 36 x 26 cm) Liu Bolin, Hiding… »
- Between Dimensions, Nathan Kandus (image by Evan Novis)These two 20’x30’ walls consist of 794 projection screens that… »
- Artist Maria Lynch Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets… »
- Ephemera (Lost Dog), 2013, Casein on paper19 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she… »