Now in its new digs at The Tunnel in Chelsea at 11th Avenue & 28th Street, the Affordable Art Fair Fall 2012 Edition had a preview party on October 4th. ARTE FUSE got a sneak peek and threw ourselves into the melee of art lovers to see some familiar and new exhibitors at the fair. With over half of the inventory under $5,000 – there was excitement for all looking to take home a great piece of art! AF photographer Deukyun Hwang trained her camera on the night’s action and we came away with a priceless experience only a fair such as this could bring.
With respect to more than 60 Domestic and International galleries exhibiting, we made some pit stops to capture great picture moments for the following: Villa del Arte Galleries (Barcelona, Spain / Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Booth A3), Capital Culture Gallery Ltd. (London, UK – Booth B12), Inart Studio (Bribane, Queensland, Australia – Booth B20), Recession Art (New York, NY USA – Booth B26), Barsky Gallery (Hoboken, NJ USA – Booth B30), Wanrooij Gallery (Arnhem, The Netherlands – Booth A23), Jeni Weinberger Art Gallery (Marlborough, Wilshire, UK – Booth B25), Escarlata Espacio de Arte (Buenos Aires, Argentina – Booth B21), Manifold Editions (London, UK – Booth A22), Monica Zadan Fine Arts (New York, NY USA – Booth A13), Sciacco Studio (Sao Paolo, Brazil – Booth A12), ArtBlue Studio (Vietnam/Singapore – Booth A9), and Edgewater Gallery (Middlebury, VT / Cos Cob, CT USA – Booth B3)
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Like us on Facebook
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Kaufman House, 2015, Oil on Canvas, 54" x 80" His beat is Pop Geometry, a form that encompasses everything from collage… »
- Opening night for Making History at Storefront Ten Eyck, photo by Samantha Katz Installation shot of Making History at… »
- Todd Bienvenu is a Brooklyn-based painter. His work depicts muses such as late nights, bar scenes, and drinking buddies.… »
- "Boy", 1992, sculpture by Charles Ray at the new Whitney Museum Chuck Close at the new Whitney Museum I have always… »
- DonatelloSt. John the Evangelist, 1408–15Marble, 212 × 91 × 62 cm (83½ × 35¾ × 24½ in.)Opera di Santa Maria del… »
- NEW YORK—A+E Studios is pleased to present Chasing Unicorns: Mythologies of Progress in American Landscapes, a group… »
- Matt Ducklo, 240, 2013, gelatin silver print, 24 x 20 inchescourtesy of LAUNCH F 18 gallery When I first saw Matt… »
- Deborah G. Nehmad uses paper as a type of surrogate material for human skin, and, therefore, by extension, for the human… »
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »