Now in its new digs at The Tunnel in Chelsea at 11th Avenue & 28th Street, the Affordable Art Fair Fall 2012 Edition had a preview party on October 4th. ARTE FUSE got a sneak peek and threw ourselves into the melee of art lovers to see some familiar and new exhibitors at the fair. With over half of the inventory under $5,000 – there was excitement for all looking to take home a great piece of art! AF photographer Deukyun Hwang trained her camera on the night’s action and we came away with a priceless experience only a fair such as this could bring.
With respect to more than 60 Domestic and International galleries exhibiting, we made some pit stops to capture great picture moments for the following: Villa del Arte Galleries (Barcelona, Spain / Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Booth A3), Capital Culture Gallery Ltd. (London, UK – Booth B12), Inart Studio (Bribane, Queensland, Australia – Booth B20), Recession Art (New York, NY USA – Booth B26), Barsky Gallery (Hoboken, NJ USA – Booth B30), Wanrooij Gallery (Arnhem, The Netherlands – Booth A23), Jeni Weinberger Art Gallery (Marlborough, Wilshire, UK – Booth B25), Escarlata Espacio de Arte (Buenos Aires, Argentina – Booth B21), Manifold Editions (London, UK – Booth A22), Monica Zadan Fine Arts (New York, NY USA – Booth A13), Sciacco Studio (Sao Paolo, Brazil – Booth A12), ArtBlue Studio (Vietnam/Singapore – Booth A9), and Edgewater Gallery (Middlebury, VT / Cos Cob, CT USA – Booth B3)
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
Oscar Murillo At David Zwirner Gallery
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »
- Last Friday night, Arte Fuse headed to Brooklyn to check out some shows in Bushwick. Our last stop on the agenda was… »
- Yasushi Nakamura - bass, Ben Perowsky - drums Fat Cat It is difficult to succinctly write about pianist, Jon Davis. … »
- Although Tiananmen Square is referenced in the notes for the show “Square” by Zhang Dali (at Klein Sun Gallery), I… »