Now in its new digs at The Tunnel in Chelsea at 11th Avenue & 28th Street, the Affordable Art Fair Fall 2012 Edition had a preview party on October 4th. ARTE FUSE got a sneak peek and threw ourselves into the melee of art lovers to see some familiar and new exhibitors at the fair. With over half of the inventory under $5,000 – there was excitement for all looking to take home a great piece of art! AF photographer Deukyun Hwang trained her camera on the night’s action and we came away with a priceless experience only a fair such as this could bring.
With respect to more than 60 Domestic and International galleries exhibiting, we made some pit stops to capture great picture moments for the following: Villa del Arte Galleries (Barcelona, Spain / Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Booth A3), Capital Culture Gallery Ltd. (London, UK – Booth B12), Inart Studio (Bribane, Queensland, Australia – Booth B20), Recession Art (New York, NY USA – Booth B26), Barsky Gallery (Hoboken, NJ USA – Booth B30), Wanrooij Gallery (Arnhem, The Netherlands – Booth A23), Jeni Weinberger Art Gallery (Marlborough, Wilshire, UK – Booth B25), Escarlata Espacio de Arte (Buenos Aires, Argentina – Booth B21), Manifold Editions (London, UK – Booth A22), Monica Zadan Fine Arts (New York, NY USA – Booth A13), Sciacco Studio (Sao Paolo, Brazil – Booth A12), ArtBlue Studio (Vietnam/Singapore – Booth A9), and Edgewater Gallery (Middlebury, VT / Cos Cob, CT USA – Booth B3)
text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »