First, “Survival of Serena” made a splash around SOHO and a sister sculpture now heads to Asia. Carole Feuerman’s hyper realistic sculpture “Monumental Brooke with Beach Ball” will be included for display in the Fifth Beijing International Art Biennale. The larger-than-life sculpture will be displayed outside the National Art Museum of China in Beijing from September 28th through October 22nd 2012.
Feuerman first showed at the Beijing Biennale in 2008, where she received “Best in Show” for her monumental sculpture “Survival of Serena” in resin. Earlier this year, she presented the City of New York with her first realistically painted bronze “Survival of Serena”, which is on view through September 26 in Petrosino Square at the dynamic intersection of SoHo, Little Italy, and Chinatown, NYC.
The theme for this year’s Biennale is “Future and Reality”. Feuerman is one of sixteen artists chosen to represent the United States. 261 artists total will be showcased at the Biennale out of the millions of proposals submitted from all over the world. Feuerman is represented in New York by Jim Kempner Fine Art.
For more gallery listings and information on the artist, please visit: www.carolefeuerman.com.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »
- The booth for Galerie Dix9 (R) Bruno Hadjadj Director of cutlog Approximately 45 galleries and curators presented… »