Close to having had enough. Close to having just enough. Close to not having enough. This exhibition references states of frustration, fury, and desire felt by all. These sentiments are expressed visually in the forms of mixed media paintings. Musically, John Imad Nasr has composed an original score for each piece according to his emotional response.
Orchard Windows Gallery October 12th-21st
37 Orchard St. NYC
Reception: October 12th 2012 6PM-9PM
John Imad Nasr (b.1981) is a beat-maker, producer, and bass player from Lebanon. He is the founding member of the Arabic electro-acoustic hip hop-band, Fareeq el Atrash and has released three albums with them. His chief influences are The Roots, Fela Kuti, and Ziad Rahbani. The music in this project was composed in tandem with the painting process, and is his first purely instrumental work to date. John’s next EP will feature elements of this collaboration.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Oscar Murillo At David Zwirner Gallery
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »
- Last Friday night, Arte Fuse headed to Brooklyn to check out some shows in Bushwick. Our last stop on the agenda was… »
- Yasushi Nakamura - bass, Ben Perowsky - drums Fat Cat It is difficult to succinctly write about pianist, Jon Davis. … »
- Although Tiananmen Square is referenced in the notes for the show “Square” by Zhang Dali (at Klein Sun Gallery), I… »
- Birdie Lusch, untitled, 1973 The series of small works on paper now on view at Kerry Schuss Gallery dates from 1973. The… »