Close to having had enough. Close to having just enough. Close to not having enough. This exhibition references states of frustration, fury, and desire felt by all. These sentiments are expressed visually in the forms of mixed media paintings. Musically, John Imad Nasr has composed an original score for each piece according to his emotional response.
Orchard Windows Gallery October 12th-21st
37 Orchard St. NYC
Reception: October 12th 2012 6PM-9PM
John Imad Nasr (b.1981) is a beat-maker, producer, and bass player from Lebanon. He is the founding member of the Arabic electro-acoustic hip hop-band, Fareeq el Atrash and has released three albums with them. His chief influences are The Roots, Fela Kuti, and Ziad Rahbani. The music in this project was composed in tandem with the painting process, and is his first purely instrumental work to date. John’s next EP will feature elements of this collaboration.
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »
- Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and… »
- Festina Lente group show at Create and Collectduring Art Basel week 2014 Laura Cartagena and Tatiana Camacho WYNWOOD,… »
- On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The… »
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »