Close to having had enough. Close to having just enough. Close to not having enough. This exhibition references states of frustration, fury, and desire felt by all. These sentiments are expressed visually in the forms of mixed media paintings. Musically, John Imad Nasr has composed an original score for each piece according to his emotional response.
Orchard Windows Gallery October 12th-21st
37 Orchard St. NYC
Reception: October 12th 2012 6PM-9PM
John Imad Nasr (b.1981) is a beat-maker, producer, and bass player from Lebanon. He is the founding member of the Arabic electro-acoustic hip hop-band, Fareeq el Atrash and has released three albums with them. His chief influences are The Roots, Fela Kuti, and Ziad Rahbani. The music in this project was composed in tandem with the painting process, and is his first purely instrumental work to date. John’s next EP will feature elements of this collaboration.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »