Close to having had enough. Close to having just enough. Close to not having enough. This exhibition references states of frustration, fury, and desire felt by all. These sentiments are expressed visually in the forms of mixed media paintings. Musically, John Imad Nasr has composed an original score for each piece according to his emotional response.
Orchard Windows Gallery October 12th-21st
37 Orchard St. NYC
Reception: October 12th 2012 6PM-9PM
John Imad Nasr (b.1981) is a beat-maker, producer, and bass player from Lebanon. He is the founding member of the Arabic electro-acoustic hip hop-band, Fareeq el Atrash and has released three albums with them. His chief influences are The Roots, Fela Kuti, and Ziad Rahbani. The music in this project was composed in tandem with the painting process, and is his first purely instrumental work to date. John’s next EP will feature elements of this collaboration.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »
- The energy of emotion at Clen Gallery, panoramic view (Middle) Clelia Zolli with friends “Build awareness, test new… »
- As the title of this show at Flowers implies, Lucy Jones openly defies expectations in regard to who is ‘supposed’ to… »
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »
- The work of Alois Kronschlaeger at Cristin Tierney The opening reception for Alois Kronschlaeger Experiencing the art… »
- The work of Bill Jensen at Cheim & Read Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Cheim & Read In amazement at the work… »
- The city of Juárez Mexico has launched a public relations campaign. Heartened by the fact that the city went from the #1… »