A fresh wind blows in as the new art season opens up on the Lower East Side for Fall 2012 with the LES Art Walk. Wednesdays are starting to be the magic day for LES galleries to open its doors to art lovers. Adding more action to the otherwise edgy scene and bustling streets, the neighborhood pumps energetic verve to its already rich character. Get your art kicks into high gear with photography by Deukyun Hwang. All hail to the gritty bosom of the LES! Dacia Gallery at Stanton Street and Krause on Orchard Street are featured on the photos below. It’s just to whet your appetite – so stay tuned for Part 2.
Text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »