A fresh wind blows in as the new art season opens up on the Lower East Side for Fall 2012 with the LES Art Walk. Wednesdays are starting to be the magic day for LES galleries to open its doors to art lovers. Adding more action to the otherwise edgy scene and bustling streets, the neighborhood pumps energetic verve to its already rich character. Get your art kicks into high gear with photography by Deukyun Hwang. All hail to the gritty bosom of the LES! Dacia Gallery at Stanton Street and Krause on Orchard Street are featured on the photos below. It’s just to whet your appetite – so stay tuned for Part 2.
Text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Artist Armando Marino Skylight gallery mistook his wife for a hat, or rather her husband since the gallery is directed… »
- Interrelated Echoes, 2014, (view 1) Steel, 62" x 41" So you’ve seen Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man – the… »
- Chambers Fine Art and Francis Naumann Fine Art have teamed up to present some of Ai Wei Wei’s latest work, along with a… »
- After two intense weeks of attending openings to kick-off the Fall 2014 Art Season, AF went back to Chelsea for… »
- Co-owner Frank Maresca Our final stop for the evening was Body Electric curated by Margot Mifflin at Ricco… »
- Iranian born New York based Samira Abbassy’s solo exhibition Conflicting Narratives: Series of Eternal War at B2OA… »
- Sometimes Brian Calvin paints a slightly open mouth against a plain background. Sometimes he presents an image of this… »
- Welcome to art night on Wednesday in NOLITA at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Wednesday night in NOLITA is alive with their art… »
- Definitely not a wall flower with this piece “Wear It Loud” at R|R Gallery Art +Jewelry Exhibition—Mercedes… »
- The Trygve Lie Gallery, located on the lower level of the Norwegian Seaman Church in Midtown East, is currently… »