A fresh wind blows in as the new art season opens up on the Lower East Side for Fall 2012 with the LES Art Walk. Wednesdays are starting to be the magic day for LES galleries to open its doors to art lovers. Adding more action to the otherwise edgy scene and bustling streets, the neighborhood pumps energetic verve to its already rich character. Get your art kicks into high gear with photography by Deukyun Hwang. All hail to the gritty bosom of the LES! Dacia Gallery at Stanton Street and Krause on Orchard Street are featured on the photos below. It’s just to whet your appetite – so stay tuned for Part 2.
Text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
- NEW YORK—A+E Studios is pleased to present Chasing Unicorns: Mythologies of Progress in American Landscapes, a group… »
- Matt Ducklo, 240, 2013, gelatin silver print, 24 x 20 inchescourtesy of LAUNCH F 18 gallery When I first saw Matt… »
- Deborah G. Nehmad uses paper as a type of surrogate material for human skin, and, therefore, by extension, for the human… »
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »
- The energy of emotion at Clen Gallery, panoramic view (Middle) Clelia Zolli with friends “Build awareness, test new… »
- As the title of this show at Flowers implies, Lucy Jones openly defies expectations in regard to who is ‘supposed’ to… »
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »