A fresh wind blows in as the new art season opens up on the Lower East Side for Fall 2012 with the LES Art Walk. Wednesdays are starting to be the magic day for LES galleries to open its doors to art lovers. Adding more action to the otherwise edgy scene and bustling streets, the neighborhood pumps energetic verve to its already rich character. Get your art kicks into high gear with photography by Deukyun Hwang. All hail to the gritty bosom of the LES! Dacia Gallery at Stanton Street and Krause on Orchard Street are featured on the photos below. It’s just to whet your appetite – so stay tuned for Part 2.
Text by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Photos by: Deukyun Hwang
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- What might be the oldest symbol for the concept of ‘rebirth’? Well, if you go back to the cave paintings of about… »
- In 2012 an 84 year-old Roman Catholic nun and two male companions cut through three fences at the Y-12 nuclear weapons… »
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »