First, “Survival of Serena” made a splash around SOHO and a sister sculpture now heads to Asia. Carole Feuerman’s hyper realistic sculpture “Monumental Brooke with Beach Ball” will be included for display in the Fifth Beijing International Art Biennale. The larger-than-life sculpture will be displayed outside the National Art Museum of China in Beijing from September 28th through October 22nd 2012.
Feuerman first showed at the Beijing Biennale in 2008, where she received “Best in Show” for her monumental sculpture “Survival of Serena” in resin. Earlier this year, she presented the City of New York with her first realistically painted bronze “Survival of Serena”, which is on view through September 26 in Petrosino Square at the dynamic intersection of SoHo, Little Italy, and Chinatown, NYC.
The theme for this year’s Biennale is “Future and Reality”. Feuerman is one of sixteen artists chosen to represent the United States. 261 artists total will be showcased at the Biennale out of the millions of proposals submitted from all over the world. Feuerman is represented in New York by Jim Kempner Fine Art.
For more gallery listings and information on the artist, please visit: www.carolefeuerman.com.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »