First, “Survival of Serena” made a splash around SOHO and a sister sculpture now heads to Asia. Carole Feuerman’s hyper realistic sculpture “Monumental Brooke with Beach Ball” will be included for display in the Fifth Beijing International Art Biennale. The larger-than-life sculpture will be displayed outside the National Art Museum of China in Beijing from September 28th through October 22nd 2012.
Feuerman first showed at the Beijing Biennale in 2008, where she received “Best in Show” for her monumental sculpture “Survival of Serena” in resin. Earlier this year, she presented the City of New York with her first realistically painted bronze “Survival of Serena”, which is on view through September 26 in Petrosino Square at the dynamic intersection of SoHo, Little Italy, and Chinatown, NYC.
The theme for this year’s Biennale is “Future and Reality”. Feuerman is one of sixteen artists chosen to represent the United States. 261 artists total will be showcased at the Biennale out of the millions of proposals submitted from all over the world. Feuerman is represented in New York by Jim Kempner Fine Art.
For more gallery listings and information on the artist, please visit: www.carolefeuerman.com.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »