First, “Survival of Serena” made a splash around SOHO and a sister sculpture now heads to Asia. Carole Feuerman’s hyper realistic sculpture “Monumental Brooke with Beach Ball” will be included for display in the Fifth Beijing International Art Biennale. The larger-than-life sculpture will be displayed outside the National Art Museum of China in Beijing from September 28th through October 22nd 2012.
Feuerman first showed at the Beijing Biennale in 2008, where she received “Best in Show” for her monumental sculpture “Survival of Serena” in resin. Earlier this year, she presented the City of New York with her first realistically painted bronze “Survival of Serena”, which is on view through September 26 in Petrosino Square at the dynamic intersection of SoHo, Little Italy, and Chinatown, NYC.
The theme for this year’s Biennale is “Future and Reality”. Feuerman is one of sixteen artists chosen to represent the United States. 261 artists total will be showcased at the Biennale out of the millions of proposals submitted from all over the world. Feuerman is represented in New York by Jim Kempner Fine Art.
For more gallery listings and information on the artist, please visit: www.carolefeuerman.com.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »
- Clio art fair 2015 CLIO ART FAIR returns for its 2nd year in NYC March 5th – 8th at 508-526 West 26th Street… »