First, “Survival of Serena” made a splash around SOHO and a sister sculpture now heads to Asia. Carole Feuerman’s hyper realistic sculpture “Monumental Brooke with Beach Ball” will be included for display in the Fifth Beijing International Art Biennale. The larger-than-life sculpture will be displayed outside the National Art Museum of China in Beijing from September 28th through October 22nd 2012.
Feuerman first showed at the Beijing Biennale in 2008, where she received “Best in Show” for her monumental sculpture “Survival of Serena” in resin. Earlier this year, she presented the City of New York with her first realistically painted bronze “Survival of Serena”, which is on view through September 26 in Petrosino Square at the dynamic intersection of SoHo, Little Italy, and Chinatown, NYC.
The theme for this year’s Biennale is “Future and Reality”. Feuerman is one of sixteen artists chosen to represent the United States. 261 artists total will be showcased at the Biennale out of the millions of proposals submitted from all over the world. Feuerman is represented in New York by Jim Kempner Fine Art.
For more gallery listings and information on the artist, please visit: www.carolefeuerman.com.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- The Trygve Lie Gallery, located on the lower level of the Norwegian Seaman Church in Midtown East, is currently… »
- What might be the oldest symbol for the concept of ‘rebirth’? Well, if you go back to the cave paintings of about… »
- In 2012 an 84 year-old Roman Catholic nun and two male companions cut through three fences at the Y-12 nuclear weapons… »
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »