MCCNY cordially invites you to HOMECOMING 2012 at its first art event of autumn! The exhibit features diverse artwork by fifteen artists: photography of world travels and urban landscapes by Carlos R. Couto,; drawings with ballpoint pen by Colleen Blackard; nature in pencil sketches and watercolors by Dorothy Krakauer; Edie Pijpers, painter and illustrator of children’s books; dog paintings by Eric Ginsburg; photography of nature and urban landscapes by Eris S. Killen; photography of churches and chapels from around the world by Heidi Russell; contemporary Cuban artist, Jesus Rivera; pop art by Jonathan Fritz; Jorge Valdes, mosaic artist and painter; maps and mystical work by Judy Negron; Luis Martin, contemporary painter and collage artist; abstracts by Stephanie Jornov; drawings by Taylor; and realism and contemporary mixed by Zofia Bogusz. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the various outreach programs of MCCNY, including its Homeless Youth Program & Sylvia Rivera Food Pantry.
Opening reception Thursday, September 20, 2012, 6:00-8:00pm.
Exhibit dates September 20 – December 2, 2012.
Gallery hours Tuesday through Friday 11:00am – 4:00pm and by appointment
Jackson Hall Gallery of Metropolitan Community Church of New York
446 West 36th Street between Ninth and Tenth Avenues this is a third floor walkup.
New York, NY
Curator Anthony Matulis. Contact 212.629.7440 or WWW.MCCNY.ORG.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- DonatelloSt. John the Evangelist, 1408–15Marble, 212 × 91 × 62 cm (83½ × 35¾ × 24½ in.)Opera di Santa Maria del… »
- NEW YORK—A+E Studios is pleased to present Chasing Unicorns: Mythologies of Progress in American Landscapes, a group… »
- Matt Ducklo, 240, 2013, gelatin silver print, 24 x 20 inchescourtesy of LAUNCH F 18 gallery When I first saw Matt… »
- Deborah G. Nehmad uses paper as a type of surrogate material for human skin, and, therefore, by extension, for the human… »
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »
- The energy of emotion at Clen Gallery, panoramic view (Middle) Clelia Zolli with friends “Build awareness, test new… »
- As the title of this show at Flowers implies, Lucy Jones openly defies expectations in regard to who is ‘supposed’ to… »
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »