MCCNY cordially invites you to HOMECOMING 2012 at its first art event of autumn! The exhibit features diverse artwork by fifteen artists: photography of world travels and urban landscapes by Carlos R. Couto,; drawings with ballpoint pen by Colleen Blackard; nature in pencil sketches and watercolors by Dorothy Krakauer; Edie Pijpers, painter and illustrator of children’s books; dog paintings by Eric Ginsburg; photography of nature and urban landscapes by Eris S. Killen; photography of churches and chapels from around the world by Heidi Russell; contemporary Cuban artist, Jesus Rivera; pop art by Jonathan Fritz; Jorge Valdes, mosaic artist and painter; maps and mystical work by Judy Negron; Luis Martin, contemporary painter and collage artist; abstracts by Stephanie Jornov; drawings by Taylor; and realism and contemporary mixed by Zofia Bogusz. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the various outreach programs of MCCNY, including its Homeless Youth Program & Sylvia Rivera Food Pantry.
Opening reception Thursday, September 20, 2012, 6:00-8:00pm.
Exhibit dates September 20 – December 2, 2012.
Gallery hours Tuesday through Friday 11:00am – 4:00pm and by appointment
Jackson Hall Gallery of Metropolitan Community Church of New York
446 West 36th Street between Ninth and Tenth Avenues this is a third floor walkup.
New York, NY
Curator Anthony Matulis. Contact 212.629.7440 or WWW.MCCNY.ORG.
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Featured Artist Aleksandr Fayvisovich
- Will Kurtz: Extra Fucking Ordinary
- Frieze Art Fair New York 2013: Second Time is Sweeter
- Featured Opening: Henry Leutwyler’s “Ballet” at Foley Gallery
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- A new art installation at a popular West Village wine and dessert bar is catching the eye of many neighborhood residents.… »
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »