MCCNY cordially invites you to HOMECOMING 2012 at its first art event of autumn! The exhibit features diverse artwork by fifteen artists: photography of world travels and urban landscapes by Carlos R. Couto,; drawings with ballpoint pen by Colleen Blackard; nature in pencil sketches and watercolors by Dorothy Krakauer; Edie Pijpers, painter and illustrator of children’s books; dog paintings by Eric Ginsburg; photography of nature and urban landscapes by Eris S. Killen; photography of churches and chapels from around the world by Heidi Russell; contemporary Cuban artist, Jesus Rivera; pop art by Jonathan Fritz; Jorge Valdes, mosaic artist and painter; maps and mystical work by Judy Negron; Luis Martin, contemporary painter and collage artist; abstracts by Stephanie Jornov; drawings by Taylor; and realism and contemporary mixed by Zofia Bogusz. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the various outreach programs of MCCNY, including its Homeless Youth Program & Sylvia Rivera Food Pantry.
Opening reception Thursday, September 20, 2012, 6:00-8:00pm.
Exhibit dates September 20 – December 2, 2012.
Gallery hours Tuesday through Friday 11:00am – 4:00pm and by appointment
Jackson Hall Gallery of Metropolitan Community Church of New York
446 West 36th Street between Ninth and Tenth Avenues this is a third floor walkup.
New York, NY
Curator Anthony Matulis. Contact 212.629.7440 or WWW.MCCNY.ORG.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »