MCCNY cordially invites you to HOMECOMING 2012 at its first art event of autumn! The exhibit features diverse artwork by fifteen artists: photography of world travels and urban landscapes by Carlos R. Couto,; drawings with ballpoint pen by Colleen Blackard; nature in pencil sketches and watercolors by Dorothy Krakauer; Edie Pijpers, painter and illustrator of children’s books; dog paintings by Eric Ginsburg; photography of nature and urban landscapes by Eris S. Killen; photography of churches and chapels from around the world by Heidi Russell; contemporary Cuban artist, Jesus Rivera; pop art by Jonathan Fritz; Jorge Valdes, mosaic artist and painter; maps and mystical work by Judy Negron; Luis Martin, contemporary painter and collage artist; abstracts by Stephanie Jornov; drawings by Taylor; and realism and contemporary mixed by Zofia Bogusz. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the various outreach programs of MCCNY, including its Homeless Youth Program & Sylvia Rivera Food Pantry.
Opening reception Thursday, September 20, 2012, 6:00-8:00pm.
Exhibit dates September 20 – December 2, 2012.
Gallery hours Tuesday through Friday 11:00am – 4:00pm and by appointment
Jackson Hall Gallery of Metropolitan Community Church of New York
446 West 36th Street between Ninth and Tenth Avenues this is a third floor walkup.
New York, NY
Curator Anthony Matulis. Contact 212.629.7440 or WWW.MCCNY.ORG.
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Featured Artist Aleksandr Fayvisovich
- Will Kurtz: Extra Fucking Ordinary
- Frieze Art Fair New York 2013: Second Time is Sweeter
- Featured Opening: Henry Leutwyler’s “Ballet” at Foley Gallery
Sign up for our newsletter!
Oscar Murillo At David Zwirner Gallery
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »
- Last Friday night, Arte Fuse headed to Brooklyn to check out some shows in Bushwick. Our last stop on the agenda was… »
- Yasushi Nakamura - bass, Ben Perowsky - drums Fat Cat It is difficult to succinctly write about pianist, Jon Davis. … »
- Although Tiananmen Square is referenced in the notes for the show “Square” by Zhang Dali (at Klein Sun Gallery), I… »
- Birdie Lusch, untitled, 1973 The series of small works on paper now on view at Kerry Schuss Gallery dates from 1973. The… »