New York artist, Eddie Rehm will close the 2012 summer season at
Circa Something Fine Art, Labor Day Weekend in his Hometown with an
exhibition of belligerently depicted “Instant Gratification Abstract”
cutting-edge contemporary artwork.
This exhibit will highlight the artist who had the hottest opening
summer art show in East Hampton this past Memorial Day & I’ll
declare 2012 is the summer that artist Eddie Rehm took out & took on
the East End art scene in New York, says gallery owner Dr. Bob Baker.
Opening & closing the Summer out on the East End where I call home
is nothing short of an honor and I’m excited about collaborating with
Dr. Bob Baker in my upcoming solo exhibit. In an art scene drowned
out by the same old same, one bad brain decided to make a change,
not only in his art but also in his life reflected through the
plasticity of duality in he, himself.
Eddie Rehm is one of the hottest new artists to emerge recently. His
work has been described by art critics & writers as “a fusion of raw
emotion, deliberately instinctual design, and art-medium
experimentation.” He has participated in numerous solo and group
gallery exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago,
Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania. As well as a museum show in Nevada.
His works have been featured & displayed in multiple print & online
publications. “ The 21st Century will not consist of perfect execution
but of a concept analogous to the moral of the times,” Rehm says.
However, Eddie Rehm’s works are insistently his. ” Rehm’s paintings
show a raw visceral reaction he has to the world that surrounds him. A
sometimes angry, sometimes sad, sometimes confused communication
or as he terms it “Belligerence” that draws you into the center of his
soulful message and forces you to face your inner most subconscious
life. If you allow it to it will permit you to see your own truth.
Circa Something Fine Arts is located in Bellport Village on the western
most walkway from Station Road on main street next to the parking lot.
Its newly renovated space offers an eclectic selection of paintings,
sculptures, ceramics and affordable works on paper.
Friday August 31, 2012 – Saturday September 15, 2012
Gallery is open & free to the public
Thursday to Saturday: 12pm to 6pm
Friday August 31, 2012
5:30 to 9 pm
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »