Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Coming in the wake of Iran Modern at the Asia Society, a show that showcased many Iranian modern masters, Portraits:… »
- Skylight gallery mistook his wife for a hat, or rather her husband since the gallery is directed by Carla Goldberg , and the… »
- Interrelated Echoes, 2014, (view 1) Steel, 62" x 41" So you’ve seen Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man – the… »
- Chambers Fine Art and Francis Naumann Fine Art have teamed up to present some of Ai Wei Wei’s latest work, along with a… »
- After two intense weeks of attending openings to kick-off the Fall 2014 Art Season, AF went back to Chelsea for… »
- Co-owner Frank Maresca Our final stop for the evening was Body Electric curated by Margot Mifflin at Ricco… »
- Iranian born New York based Samira Abbassy’s solo exhibition Conflicting Narratives: Series of Eternal War at B2OA… »
- Sometimes Brian Calvin paints a slightly open mouth against a plain background. Sometimes he presents an image of this… »
- Welcome to art night on Wednesday in NOLITA at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Wednesday night in NOLITA is alive with their art… »
- Definitely not a wall flower with this piece “Wear It Loud” at R|R Gallery Art +Jewelry Exhibition—Mercedes… »
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.