Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Time-Lapse of Agathe Snow: Stamina at the Guggenheim
“An Inclusive World” curated by Vida Sabbaghi at The Queens Museum
- Featured Opening: 13th Hour, 2015 at Last Rites Gallery October 10th – November 7th, 2015
- Buzz Art Auction Brings Street Art Indoors at Hudson Yards
- Capsule Concern at the Chrysler Museum
- Nobuyoshi Araki and Rudolf Schwartzkolger: Salon de Mass-Age at Orchard 66 Project
- Cerith Wyn Evans and Robert Irwin – White Cube
- ENRIQUE MARTÍNEZ CELAYA – Empires: Land & Empires: Sea
- Political Performance and the Art of Failure
- The Temptations of Pierre Molinier at Richard Saltoun Gallery