Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Gilbert & George: The Early Years
Nobuyoshi Araki and Rudolf Schwartzkolger: Salon de Mass Age at Orchard 66 Project
- Miriam Cabessa Does Distinctive Impressions
- “United Through Art for Our Future”: VivArte 2015 Silent and Live Auctions at Phillips New York
- Paul Booth’s Second Sight: Helping to Demand a Closer Look
- Kathryn Lynch: Bright Lights, Illuminated New York City
- You Can Feel It
- Michael Meehan: Ice Bather at Jack Geary Contemporary
- Through a Glass Darkly: The Paintings of Carol Omalia and Gaetanne Lavoie
- I’m not Scared of the Trump Itself, but I’m Scared of the Trump in Me