Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
“An Inclusive World” curated by Vida Sabbaghi at The Queens Museum
Painting After Technology
- The Enigma of PORTRAITS: A NYCATA/UFT Pop-Up exhibition at the Queens Museum
- Sole to Soul at Cuchifritos
- Woodward Gallery: DECADES September 12 – October 24, 2015
- Elizabeth Livingston: Night Fell at The Lodge Gallery
- Win to exhibit for free in Spectrum Miami during the Art Basel Week, December 2 – 6, 2015
- Trophy Art: The Intrinsic Value to Art Curated by Melissa McCaig-Welles and Rodrigo Valles
- Berlin’s brand new agency Bernheimer Contemporary has opened
- Spoke Art Presents the 6th Annual Wes Anderson Art Show “Bad Dads VI” at Joseph Gross Gallery