Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
- Giving Birth to Underground Art in Tribeca: Conception II
- Ceres gallery Opening for “NAAS #1″ in Chelsea NYC December 9th – 11th
- Ceres gallery Opening for "NAAS #1" in Chelsea NYC December 9th – 11th
- Check out: Gerhard Richter “Lines Which Do Not Exist” at the Drawing Center is soho, closes in 14 days
- Check out: Gerhard Richter "Lines Which Do Not Exist" at the Drawing Center is soho, closes in 14 days
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Between Dimensions, Nathan Kandus (image by Evan Novis)These two 20’x30’ walls consist of 794 projection screens that… »
- Artist Maria Lynch Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets… »
- Ephemera (Lost Dog), 2013, Casein on paper19 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she… »
- Sculpture by Rachel Lee Hovnanian The art crowd at Leila Heller Gallery Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to… »
- Nam June Paik was a pretty lucky guy. He was, for instance, able to move out of Korea at the age of 18, due to his… »
- The Bowery Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting a collection of oil paintings by Nagib Nahas for the show Street… »
- The full house at Zieher Smith & Horton Everyone comes out for the season openers in Chelsea Artist Philippe… »
- My shot came out great and ready to post at #INSTAGRAM New Ghost, Stained Glass Lightbox, 32 x 19 x 2 inches Claire… »
- Quick Red Fox, 1963, Acrylic on canvas84 3/4 x 55 1/2 inches A colorful collection of paintings, collages, and drawings by… »
- The folks who saw Roxy Paine’s opening at Marianne Boesky Gallery were blown away by the raw visual impact of seeing… »
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.