Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
#MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN Takes on Politics at Whitebox
Katherine Bradford: Fear of Waves at Canada Gallery
RODOLFO EDWARDS / TAPE OFF / The Layout of the Urban Landscape
- An interview with Carly Ivan Garcia: Reconstructed Abstractions of the Urban Experience
- Group Show: like·ness at Albertz Benda Gallery
- Two New York Institutions Join Forces for the Influential Exhibit ‘elmuseo@SVA’
- #MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN Takes on Politics at Whitebox
- Arboreal Anxieties at Chashama 266 by Mary Ivy Martin
- Technical Art for Digital Age- Shinji Murakami at Catinca Tabacaru Gallery
- Isabelle Fein: Illusions and Ideas at Fort Gansevoort
- Just Say When: The Transmutation of Trauma in Lari Pittman’s Nuevos Caprichos