Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Painting After Technology
YOKO ONO MORNING PEACE 2015
- Interviewing April Gornik: The Eminent American Landscape Artist Stills for a Game of Either/Or
- Opening night: Unix Gallery, Gladstone Gallery, Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery, Jonathan Levine Gallery and Ethan Cohen Gallery
- Sleater-Kinney – Sound Advice on IFC
- Diana Sirianni and Katharina von Hagenow win Artprize of the Leinemann-Foundation
- 6 Venue Retrospective of the Work of Otto Neals
- WhiteBox Benefit Art Auction, Spring 2015
- Discarded Insulation Material on 25th Street in Chelsea – An Amazing Work of Public, Ready-Made Art
- Alison Mosshart: Fire Power at Joseph Gross Gallery