Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist.
In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the (symbolic) idea of becoming tranquil in the uncontrollable, dominating power of this immense body of water. It’s about letting go of sadness and fear.
Each painting features a highly rendered female figure, asserting her individual strengths against vivid backgrounds and elements. The imagery varies from playful to nautical offering a glimpse into a unique reality. The mediums used are oil paint, graphite and colored pencils on hand-cut wood. Prints of the work will also be available for sale during the opening reception.
Zofia Bogusz, a Poland native, is a New York City based artist. She received a BFA from the School of Visual Arts, and currently exhibits her work nationally. Zofia has had the honor to show her work at the Jazz for Peace art and music benefit at the New York Historical Society.
Artist Contact Info:
Chelsea Eye Art Gallery
Monday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Robert Motherwell: The Art of Collage at Paul Kasmin Gallery
Adam Green: Aladdin at the Hole NYC
Urs Fischer: Misunderstandings in the Quest fo the Universal at Gagosian Gallery
Robert Ryman at DIA foundation
Cecily Brown, Jeff Koons and Charles Ray at Flag Art Foundation
#MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN Takes on Politics at Whitebox
Intervew with Artist Jamie Martinez (AF Publisher) on NTN24 (Nuestra Tele Noticias)
- Peles Empire’s 1EYE 2EYES: Staging copied versions of an original
- David Hammons: Five Decades Is On View at Mnuchin Gallery
- Marcia Hafif: An Italian Job Well Done
- BEYOND revisited in a church in Berlin-Mitte
- Living Sculptures by Erwin Wurm at Berlinische Galerie (Berlin)
- Interviewing Jeff Robb: The Lenticular Lensman Finds Yet Another Way to Capture the Invisible
- Spring in Chelsea with Motherwell
- Drawing Dialogues: Selections from the Sol LeWitt Collection at the Drawing Center