“I wanted the sensation of instability, something that was continually in movement… a flowing, coiling form that changes as you walk around it.” – Anish Kapoor on his iconic installation, Orbit.
Anish Kapoor’s work is famous for enfolding the human experience within giant, disorientating, three-dimensional structures. The artist relishes the challenge of achieving the same dramatic effects of intensity and depth in the two-dimensional media of etching.
Manifold Editions offers a selection of five of Kapoor’s highly sought-after prints, marked by intense, morphing explosions of colour and form. The prints share two key themes prevalent in Kapoor’s three-dimensional work – the pigment and the void. The saturated ink echoes the pigment employed in some of Kapoor’s sculptural pieces. The subtle gradations of colour, from deep and drenched to faded and almost white, bring about a disorientation in our perception of the two-dimensional nature of the work, an effect repeated in his equally graphically intense monochrome images.
110 Warner Road
London, SE5 9HQ
T: +44 (0) 20 7370 7202 / F: +44 (0) 20 7370 1229
firstname.lastname@example.org / manifoldeditions.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »