“I wanted the sensation of instability, something that was continually in movement… a flowing, coiling form that changes as you walk around it.” – Anish Kapoor on his iconic installation, Orbit.
Anish Kapoor’s work is famous for enfolding the human experience within giant, disorientating, three-dimensional structures. The artist relishes the challenge of achieving the same dramatic effects of intensity and depth in the two-dimensional media of etching.
Manifold Editions offers a selection of five of Kapoor’s highly sought-after prints, marked by intense, morphing explosions of colour and form. The prints share two key themes prevalent in Kapoor’s three-dimensional work – the pigment and the void. The saturated ink echoes the pigment employed in some of Kapoor’s sculptural pieces. The subtle gradations of colour, from deep and drenched to faded and almost white, bring about a disorientation in our perception of the two-dimensional nature of the work, an effect repeated in his equally graphically intense monochrome images.
110 Warner Road
London, SE5 9HQ
T: +44 (0) 20 7370 7202 / F: +44 (0) 20 7370 1229
email@example.com / manifoldeditions.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- What might be the oldest symbol for the concept of ‘rebirth’? Well, if you go back to the cave paintings of about… »
- In 2012 an 84 year-old Roman Catholic nun and two male companions cut through three fences at the Y-12 nuclear weapons… »
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »