New York artist, Eddie Rehm will close the 2012 summer season at
Circa Something Fine Art, Labor Day Weekend in his Hometown with an
exhibition of belligerently depicted “Instant Gratification Abstract”
cutting-edge contemporary artwork.
This exhibit will highlight the artist who had the hottest opening
summer art show in East Hampton this past Memorial Day & I’ll
declare 2012 is the summer that artist Eddie Rehm took out & took on
the East End art scene in New York, says gallery owner Dr. Bob Baker.
Opening & closing the Summer out on the East End where I call home
is nothing short of an honor and I’m excited about collaborating with
Dr. Bob Baker in my upcoming solo exhibit. In an art scene drowned
out by the same old same, one bad brain decided to make a change,
not only in his art but also in his life reflected through the
plasticity of duality in he, himself.
Eddie Rehm is one of the hottest new artists to emerge recently. His
work has been described by art critics & writers as “a fusion of raw
emotion, deliberately instinctual design, and art-medium
experimentation.” He has participated in numerous solo and group
gallery exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago,
Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania. As well as a museum show in Nevada.
His works have been featured & displayed in multiple print & online
publications. “ The 21st Century will not consist of perfect execution
but of a concept analogous to the moral of the times,” Rehm says.
However, Eddie Rehm’s works are insistently his. ” Rehm’s paintings
show a raw visceral reaction he has to the world that surrounds him. A
sometimes angry, sometimes sad, sometimes confused communication
or as he terms it “Belligerence” that draws you into the center of his
soulful message and forces you to face your inner most subconscious
life. If you allow it to it will permit you to see your own truth.
Circa Something Fine Arts is located in Bellport Village on the western
most walkway from Station Road on main street next to the parking lot.
Its newly renovated space offers an eclectic selection of paintings,
sculptures, ceramics and affordable works on paper.
Friday August 31, 2012 – Saturday September 15, 2012
Gallery is open & free to the public
Thursday to Saturday: 12pm to 6pm
Friday August 31, 2012
5:30 to 9 pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »
- The great Vito Acconci let us into his studio in Dumbo (Brooklyn) for a conversation. During which he went over his history… »
- Garis & Hahn Gallery on the Bowery Artist Julien Levy taking a moment to check phone messages of… »