The Slipstream structure is essentially a 2d line drawing turned into a 3d structure, For the Slipstream structure, a 2d drawing was extruded in the computer and then carved away to make the curving walls. Each of the notches was calculated and drawn by a grasshopper routine and then the (1800) pieces were cut from plywood with a computer controlled mill. They all fit together without fasteners – the redundancy of pieces creates structural stability and keeps everything in place. The entire structure is only wood and paint.
summer hours: sun – thursday 11 – 5
1 212 674 6320
available by appointment
98 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002
Subway F, J, M, Z Delancey/Essex
- Check out: Enter Intro show at Munch Gallery
- Great opening for Jamie Martinez’s “GUILT” at Orchard Windows Gallery
- Check out: Jonathan Fritz’s solo show at Orchard Windows gallery which opens December 17th located on 37 Orchard street
- Windows Gallery presents: Scott Weingarten “Women and nature series” from Dec 27, 2010-Jan 06, 2011
- Check out: Jonathan Fritz's solo show at Orchard Windows gallery which opens December 17th located on 37 Orchard street
Sign up for our newsletter!