Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist. In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the [...]
September 8 – October 28, 2012
Opening the Fall 2012 Art Season is Mark Mastroianni’s “Natural Wisdom” exhibition at Woodward Gallery. Mastroianni returns to his unique gessoed tarpaper and mixed media paintings he had begun working with twenty years ago. The once abstract qualities in his work have now shifted toward a representational clarity and [...]
Annabel Vartanian and Orchard Windows Gallery are pleased to present Destination: Unknown, the first New York solo exhibition of work by artist Avery McCarthy, curated by Erin Goldberger and John Morrow, opening August 27th.
McCarthy will present three separate bodies of work, Light Void, The Theory of Everything, and One Star, that together create an elevated, monochromatic [...]
Lacquer is a curing process that results in a finish that ranges from ultra matte to super high gloss. The word itself evokes luxury, durability and depth. On August 21st at Joy Wai Gallery, which is an art space of note on 18th Street, had a VIP preview of the latest lacquer paintings by [...]
“The photography itself doesn’t interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality”. – Henri Cartier Bresson
If you have been visiting this blog website since June then you would have taken note of the name Max Noy. Event Photos by Max Noy are what you have enjoyed from the [...]
“I wanted the sensation of instability, something that was continually in movement… a flowing, coiling form that changes as you walk around it.” – Anish Kapoor on his iconic installation, Orbit.
Anish Kapoor’s work is famous for enfolding the human experience within giant, disorientating, three-dimensional structures. The artist relishes the challenge of achieving the same [...]
James Kalm, after many foiled attempts, finally makes it by Salon 94 Bowery to take in the New York debut exhibition of Jayson Musson. Better known under his YouTube pseudonym “Hennessy Youngman” Musson has stormed the art world with his “homeboy” critiques of the elitist high art establishment. With “Halcyon Days” Musson shows himself [...]
After eight years in Chelsea, the gallery has relocated to the LES. We have taken a newly renovated storefront on Allen Street, just a little south of Delancey on the west side of the block. We are opening the gallery with our fourth solo exhibition of artist Thomas Allen.
Playing the role of scientist, Allen [...]
New York artist, Eddie Rehm will close the 2012 summer season at
Circa Something Fine Art, Labor Day Weekend in his Hometown with an
exhibition of belligerently depicted “Instant Gratification Abstract”
cutting-edge contemporary artwork.
This exhibit will highlight the artist who had the hottest opening
summer art show in East Hampton [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Push It, Art Now NYC, April 2014
James Austin Murray, Lyons Wier Gallery, April 2014
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014
Find us on YouTube
- MUSIC REVIEW: 55 Bar - The Vic Juris Trio – Sunday, April 6th, 2014 Coming down to the 55 Bar is like coming home… »
- The amazing color beautiful works of Beatriz Elorza Everyone surrounded by art in full bloom Two years ago, Beatriz… »
- Jef Campion/Army of One at Castle Fitzjohn Gallery Jef Campion/Army of One at Castle Fitzjohn Gallery Jef… »
- By calling the show she curated “Simple Life Is Interesting!” Janet Fong hints at the thread running through the work… »
- The art crowd at ArtNowNY opening for PUSH IT Artist Tracy Piper Bad Ass art shines on Art Night in… »
- Lyons Wier Gallery Entrance Artist David Lyle admiring the work of James Austin Murray at LWG (L) Artist James Austin… »
- Homunculus by Caroline Wells Chandler at Field Projects Homunculus by Caroline Wells Chandler at Field Projects I’ve… »
- Art is never just art: History of Magic II - Initiation by Alison Blickle at Kravets/Wehby In James Frazer’s “The… »
- In "Prospective," Teresa Henriques (b.1978) unveils the projects, sketches and scale models for her soon-to-come Museum… »
- For the past few months, Fridge Art Fair has been working in collaboration with the Angel Orensenz Foundation on the… »