Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist. In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the […]
September 8 – October 28, 2012
Opening the Fall 2012 Art Season is Mark Mastroianni’s “Natural Wisdom” exhibition at Woodward Gallery. Mastroianni returns to his unique gessoed tarpaper and mixed media paintings he had begun working with twenty years ago. The once abstract qualities in his work have now shifted toward a representational clarity and […]
Annabel Vartanian and Orchard Windows Gallery are pleased to present Destination: Unknown, the first New York solo exhibition of work by artist Avery McCarthy, curated by Erin Goldberger and John Morrow, opening August 27th.
McCarthy will present three separate bodies of work, Light Void, The Theory of Everything, and One Star, that together create an elevated, monochromatic […]
Lacquer is a curing process that results in a finish that ranges from ultra matte to super high gloss. The word itself evokes luxury, durability and depth. On August 21st at Joy Wai Gallery, which is an art space of note on 18th Street, had a VIP preview of the latest lacquer paintings by […]
“The photography itself doesn’t interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality”. – Henri Cartier Bresson
If you have been visiting this blog website since June then you would have taken note of the name Max Noy. Event Photos by Max Noy are what you have enjoyed from the […]
“I wanted the sensation of instability, something that was continually in movement… a flowing, coiling form that changes as you walk around it.” – Anish Kapoor on his iconic installation, Orbit.
Anish Kapoor’s work is famous for enfolding the human experience within giant, disorientating, three-dimensional structures. The artist relishes the challenge of achieving the same […]
James Kalm, after many foiled attempts, finally makes it by Salon 94 Bowery to take in the New York debut exhibition of Jayson Musson. Better known under his YouTube pseudonym “Hennessy Youngman” Musson has stormed the art world with his “homeboy” critiques of the elitist high art establishment. With “Halcyon Days” Musson shows himself […]
After eight years in Chelsea, the gallery has relocated to the LES. We have taken a newly renovated storefront on Allen Street, just a little south of Delancey on the west side of the block. We are opening the gallery with our fourth solo exhibition of artist Thomas Allen.
Playing the role of scientist, Allen […]
New York artist, Eddie Rehm will close the 2012 summer season at
Circa Something Fine Art, Labor Day Weekend in his Hometown with an
exhibition of belligerently depicted “Instant Gratification Abstract”
cutting-edge contemporary artwork.
This exhibit will highlight the artist who had the hottest opening
summer art show in East Hampton […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- The sexy ambiance at De Buck Gallery for Regine Schumann opening Mesmerized and drawn into the light of Regine… »
- Close Up Detail of work by Adam Magyar At Julie Saul Gallery on Thursday Art Night Urban life moves in milliseconds… »
- Yes these walls are saying a lot at Jim Kempner Fine Art The art crowd is all abuzz and talking at Jim Kempner Fine… »
- Artist Rudresh Mahanthappa Alto saxophonist and composer, Rudresh Mahanthappa can pinpoint his musical transformation to… »
- 2015 USSEA Regional Conference Join the United States Society for Education through Art (USSEA) at the Queens Museum in New… »
- Bridges to Bridges series by Olya Turcihin Drawings by James Frederic Artist Olya Turcihin Bridges to Bridges… »
- Boris Gorelick, Sweatshop Mabel Dwight, Danse Macabre Chinese artists are soon going to be required to spend one month… »
- Umbo, Mystery of the Street Andre Kertesz, Fork Something happened to photography in the early years of the 20th… »
- LA Initiative Benefit Auction, 2014 (L-R) Allison Galgiani with Peter Hort About the Rema Hort Mann Foundation (from… »
- The weathering process is the first thing that grabbed me about Eric Holzman’s amazing new landscape paintings at Lori… »