Chelsea Eye Art Gallery is pleased to present Sink With Me, a solo exhibition of new work by Zofia Bogusz. Please join us Wednesday September 19, from 6-8pm. , for the exhibition opening and to meet with the artist. In the exhibition, Zofia Bogusz presents a series of paintings based around the artist’s relationship with the ocean. It’s the […]
September 8 – October 28, 2012
Opening the Fall 2012 Art Season is Mark Mastroianni’s “Natural Wisdom” exhibition at Woodward Gallery. Mastroianni returns to his unique gessoed tarpaper and mixed media paintings he had begun working with twenty years ago. The once abstract qualities in his work have now shifted toward a representational clarity and […]
Annabel Vartanian and Orchard Windows Gallery are pleased to present Destination: Unknown, the first New York solo exhibition of work by artist Avery McCarthy, curated by Erin Goldberger and John Morrow, opening August 27th.
McCarthy will present three separate bodies of work, Light Void, The Theory of Everything, and One Star, that together create an elevated, monochromatic […]
Lacquer is a curing process that results in a finish that ranges from ultra matte to super high gloss. The word itself evokes luxury, durability and depth. On August 21st at Joy Wai Gallery, which is an art space of note on 18th Street, had a VIP preview of the latest lacquer paintings by […]
“The photography itself doesn’t interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality”. – Henri Cartier Bresson
If you have been visiting this blog website since June then you would have taken note of the name Max Noy. Event Photos by Max Noy are what you have enjoyed from the […]
“I wanted the sensation of instability, something that was continually in movement… a flowing, coiling form that changes as you walk around it.” – Anish Kapoor on his iconic installation, Orbit.
Anish Kapoor’s work is famous for enfolding the human experience within giant, disorientating, three-dimensional structures. The artist relishes the challenge of achieving the same […]
James Kalm, after many foiled attempts, finally makes it by Salon 94 Bowery to take in the New York debut exhibition of Jayson Musson. Better known under his YouTube pseudonym “Hennessy Youngman” Musson has stormed the art world with his “homeboy” critiques of the elitist high art establishment. With “Halcyon Days” Musson shows himself […]
After eight years in Chelsea, the gallery has relocated to the LES. We have taken a newly renovated storefront on Allen Street, just a little south of Delancey on the west side of the block. We are opening the gallery with our fourth solo exhibition of artist Thomas Allen.
Playing the role of scientist, Allen […]
New York artist, Eddie Rehm will close the 2012 summer season at
Circa Something Fine Art, Labor Day Weekend in his Hometown with an
exhibition of belligerently depicted “Instant Gratification Abstract”
cutting-edge contemporary artwork.
This exhibit will highlight the artist who had the hottest opening
summer art show in East Hampton […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- The Art Aficionados come out for the ART at Rooster Gallery Artist Arianna Carossa plus Italian hand gesture My first… »
- We are pleased to present “The Future Is Now” at 60 Orchard St Gallery in the Lower East Side. This unique… »
- Art Basel in Miami Beach 2014 | Public | Performance: Alix Pearlstein, Work by Sarah Braman, Door, 2013 – 2014… »
- Doug Rickard-Baltimore, MD 21x33 Inkjet Pigment Print, Google Street The Philadelphia Photo Arts Center hosted an exhibit… »
- The Benrubi Gallery is in the historic Fuller Building on 57th street, along with a sizeable number of other galleries, so… »
- It’s a good thing painting was never truly dead, or David Lloyd would not have been able to exhibit his new paintings at… »
- Ancient folks thought of the tree as a type of bridge between the earth and the sky. A tree’s roots dig down deep into… »
- When the English and German Romantic painters created pieces, they began with an aspect of nature which seemed to evoke… »
- The big questions for me, looking at the recent show at Morgan Lehman Gallery, were: Is David Rathman making a social… »
- Stopping by the 529 W. 20th street building on a Saturday afternoon gallery-hopping spree (or whenever you drop into… »