Reflections is a site specific installation with a mirror foil strip on eye height wrapped around the gallery. A video loop with photographs and sound is projected on the mirror foil. The video projection bounces off the mirror foil and reflects on the white wall. The reflections on the white wall are chance operated and are creating abstract forms. At the same time the spectators can observe themselves in the mirror foil blurred, distorted, reflected. Anja Koestler is originally from Germany and has a MA in visual arts. She has exhibited mainly in Europe and lives and works now in New York.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Raw Process has achieved a tangible aesthetic that reaches beyond the timeworn buzz phrase “live painting.” In… »
- Playing cards are among the world’s oldest gaming devices. They are also the most versatile and most common as well. The… »
- The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater will return to the Lincoln Center in June for a two-week, 15 performance engagement.… »
- Karl Weiming Lu was a member of the first generation of Chinese artists, after the end of the Cultural Revolution, to… »
- From East to West: A Bi-Coastal Dialogue at Zener Schon Contemporary Art (L-R-T) Andy Warhol, Carly Ivan Garcia and Jamie… »
- The term highbrow isn’t used much anymore but the term used to indicate someone of immense intelligence with the highest… »
- The crowd at the opening Do you get excited when you hear the words “nonprofit” and “community” in the same… »
- Select Fair 2015 performance Independent, New York, 2013 (Installation View) Courtesy Independent, New York Joseph… »
- The Nancy Margolis Gallery opened a solo show of recent work by painter Melodie Provenzano last week where the celebratory… »
- Stepping into Tam Van Tran’s show at Susanne Vielmetter in Los Angeles, one may be forgiven for wondering if they have… »