Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the lifeline of New York Transportation and its importance to the millions of habitants that migrate to this megalopolis to pursue the materialization of their dreams and successes.
In this new series Hans Wolf Art finds that a profound personal love for the subway exists because it is a transportation device that has a common story about resurgence, a renewal of the immigrant soul that has transpired and molded this city for nearly two centuries. The attempt to transpose that resurgence is genuine. The skeletal reference to the subject matter celebrates death from an old life into the new beginnings in the city and its neighboring boroughs. Theses works use symbolism such as religion not as a doctrine, but as a reference to the immigrant population that has defined New York City and will continue to do so for many years: A language that they, and we, understand.
There work will be on display at Orchard Windows Gallery July 20th through July 26th, with a reception taking place Tuesday July 24th, 2012.
- “The Carpenter Series” by Hans Wolf opens at NAAS
- Artist Almost certain “Divine Intervention” took place to make “The Carpenter Series” a reality!
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy
- Russian contemporary Artists donate work to help Holocaust Survivors
- Sand Dunes Come to Orchard Street
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »