Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the lifeline of New York Transportation and its importance to the millions of habitants that migrate to this megalopolis to pursue the materialization of their dreams and successes.
In this new series Hans Wolf Art finds that a profound personal love for the subway exists because it is a transportation device that has a common story about resurgence, a renewal of the immigrant soul that has transpired and molded this city for nearly two centuries. The attempt to transpose that resurgence is genuine. The skeletal reference to the subject matter celebrates death from an old life into the new beginnings in the city and its neighboring boroughs. Theses works use symbolism such as religion not as a doctrine, but as a reference to the immigrant population that has defined New York City and will continue to do so for many years: A language that they, and we, understand.
There work will be on display at Orchard Windows Gallery July 20th through July 26th, with a reception taking place Tuesday July 24th, 2012.
- “The Carpenter Series” by Hans Wolf opens at NAAS
- Artist Almost certain “Divine Intervention” took place to make “The Carpenter Series” a reality!
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy
- Russian contemporary Artists donate work to help Holocaust Survivors
- Sand Dunes Come to Orchard Street
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »