Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the lifeline of New York Transportation and its importance to the millions of habitants that migrate to this megalopolis to pursue the materialization of their dreams and successes.
In this new series Hans Wolf Art finds that a profound personal love for the subway exists because it is a transportation device that has a common story about resurgence, a renewal of the immigrant soul that has transpired and molded this city for nearly two centuries. The attempt to transpose that resurgence is genuine. The skeletal reference to the subject matter celebrates death from an old life into the new beginnings in the city and its neighboring boroughs. Theses works use symbolism such as religion not as a doctrine, but as a reference to the immigrant population that has defined New York City and will continue to do so for many years: A language that they, and we, understand.
There work will be on display at Orchard Windows Gallery July 20th through July 26th, with a reception taking place Tuesday July 24th, 2012.
- “The Carpenter Series” by Hans Wolf opens at NAAS
- Artist Almost certain “Divine Intervention” took place to make “The Carpenter Series” a reality!
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy
- Russian contemporary Artists donate work to help Holocaust Survivors
- Sand Dunes Come to Orchard Street
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Spiritual fulfilment has often been represented by the union of the masculine and feminine. The wandering, tormented male… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »