On Stellar Rays is pleased to announce Brody Condon’s solo exhibition To prove her zeal one woman ate mud., featuring a two-channel HD video installation commissioned by The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, on view July 15, 2012 – February 24, 2013.
Brody Condon’s work addresses the over-identification with fantasy prevalent in American culture. With that in mind, Condon designs performances that utilize live action role-playing techniques whereby he creates and populates temporary communes. While living at the fictionalized site, the group critically explores these issues in an experiential manner. For his exhibitions, Condon records on video these unscripted and often disorienting interactions, documenting them in an ethnographic style.
To prove her zeal one woman ate mud. was a small week long communal situation conceived specifically for this project, located inside a seven-story mill tower and nearby farm in the town of Wassaic, New York. The process combined elements from unorthodox 1940s American monastic communities, group encounter techniques such as Gestalt Therapy, and contemporary science fiction. Imagining themselves inhabiting an ecologically sustainable space station, the characters engaged in daily group encounter sessions led by an elusive artificial intelligence embodied by an abstract sculpture, which the artist inserted into the action as a non-human player. The video projection on view at The Aldrich presents the artist’s documentation of this fictional world, while a second video makes public for the first time Condon’s performance workshop procedures and process.
For more information please visit The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
258 Main Street
Ridgefield, CT 06877
On View: July 15, 2012 – February 24, 2013
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- At Radiator Gallery in Long Island City Performance piece at the freight elevator Last week I was invited by a friend… »
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »
- Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and… »
- Festina Lente group show at Create and Collectduring Art Basel week 2014 Laura Cartagena and Tatiana Camacho WYNWOOD,… »
- On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The… »
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »