Project “o” started in order to expand the possibilities of imperfect beauty in art, by visual director Ai Kobayashi and sound composer Maria Takeuchi.They have found beauty in the unsharpen that provides many possibilities to grow human’s imagination beyond a completed creation.Each project starts with a selection of images and words by Ai, once chosen they are shared with Maria that then composes a track insipired by them. After the soundtrack is completed, Ai creates a film driven by the sound.
Staying simple and allowing space to grow also makes this continuous project interesting and experimental. Week after week, they continue exploring the beauty of imperfection to the limit.
“We are looking for artists in any genre who have passion to experiment and find imperfect beauty together!
Looking forward to hearing from you! We also appreciate any support from you. Thank you so much for reading our article!”
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »
- A peek at Thursdday Art Night in Chelsea Up CLose with artist Fernando Mastrangelo The subtle beauty of work by… »
- Art stands tall at Vito Schnabel Gallery Bruce High Quality Foundation at Vito Schnabel Gallery Living the art life on… »
- There are 42 different art galleries, from several different countries, participating in this year’s Asia Week (March 13… »
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.