Project “o” started in order to expand the possibilities of imperfect beauty in art, by visual director Ai Kobayashi and sound composer Maria Takeuchi.They have found beauty in the unsharpen that provides many possibilities to grow human’s imagination beyond a completed creation.Each project starts with a selection of images and words by Ai, once chosen they are shared with Maria that then composes a track insipired by them. After the soundtrack is completed, Ai creates a film driven by the sound.
Staying simple and allowing space to grow also makes this continuous project interesting and experimental. Week after week, they continue exploring the beauty of imperfection to the limit.
“We are looking for artists in any genre who have passion to experiment and find imperfect beauty together!
Looking forward to hearing from you! We also appreciate any support from you. Thank you so much for reading our article!”
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.