BROOKLYN, NY — Weldon Arts is pleased to present Four Borough, a solo exhibition of works by Cassius Fouler. Four Borough will feature acrylic paintings on canvas and explores themes central to life in New York; exclusion, angst, pollution, and violence, with stylized versions of the city.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Cassius Fouler is a New York City based artist. Fouler uses a mixture of expressionist and illustrational techniques to paint a timeless graffiti iconography with a folk art sensibility. Fouler studied architecture in college and afterward trained as a sculptor.
Fouler has previously exhibited at the Museum of Sex, Woodward Gallery, Slingluff Gallery, Pandemic Gallery, 17 Frost Street Gallery, Orchard Windows Gallery, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Four Borough will be on exhibition through August 11, 2012.
Press inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 12, 6PM-9PM
Complimentary Cocktails and Music by DJ GRAZE
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »
- A mural painting by Shie Moreno PORTRAIT of artist Shie Moreno Unexpectedly stepping foot into this happening haven—I… »
- (L-R) Co-Founder of Cinders Gallery Sto Len with Monique Mantell Our final stop for our Thursday night art walk was Cinders… »
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »