BROOKLYN, NY — Weldon Arts is pleased to present Four Borough, a solo exhibition of works by Cassius Fouler. Four Borough will feature acrylic paintings on canvas and explores themes central to life in New York; exclusion, angst, pollution, and violence, with stylized versions of the city.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Cassius Fouler is a New York City based artist. Fouler uses a mixture of expressionist and illustrational techniques to paint a timeless graffiti iconography with a folk art sensibility. Fouler studied architecture in college and afterward trained as a sculptor.
Fouler has previously exhibited at the Museum of Sex, Woodward Gallery, Slingluff Gallery, Pandemic Gallery, 17 Frost Street Gallery, Orchard Windows Gallery, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Four Borough will be on exhibition through August 11, 2012.
Press inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 12, 6PM-9PM
Complimentary Cocktails and Music by DJ GRAZE
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden Show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »