BROOKLYN, NY — Weldon Arts is pleased to present Four Borough, a solo exhibition of works by Cassius Fouler. Four Borough will feature acrylic paintings on canvas and explores themes central to life in New York; exclusion, angst, pollution, and violence, with stylized versions of the city.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Cassius Fouler is a New York City based artist. Fouler uses a mixture of expressionist and illustrational techniques to paint a timeless graffiti iconography with a folk art sensibility. Fouler studied architecture in college and afterward trained as a sculptor.
Fouler has previously exhibited at the Museum of Sex, Woodward Gallery, Slingluff Gallery, Pandemic Gallery, 17 Frost Street Gallery, Orchard Windows Gallery, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Four Borough will be on exhibition through August 11, 2012.
Press inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 12, 6PM-9PM
Complimentary Cocktails and Music by DJ GRAZE
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Art by Marco Angelini Marco Angelini ARTE FUSE: So Marco, you study the urban phenomenon to understand how people are… »
- Ian Bertram is an artist living and working in New York. He is interested in uncovering the hedonistic and fatalistic… »
- Untitled ELK, 80” x 45” x 30”Elk Taxidermy, Resin,Steel, Gold Plate, 2014 “Babies”, Digital C Print, 16” x… »
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »