BROOKLYN, NY — Weldon Arts is pleased to present Four Borough, a solo exhibition of works by Cassius Fouler. Four Borough will feature acrylic paintings on canvas and explores themes central to life in New York; exclusion, angst, pollution, and violence, with stylized versions of the city.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Cassius Fouler is a New York City based artist. Fouler uses a mixture of expressionist and illustrational techniques to paint a timeless graffiti iconography with a folk art sensibility. Fouler studied architecture in college and afterward trained as a sculptor.
Fouler has previously exhibited at the Museum of Sex, Woodward Gallery, Slingluff Gallery, Pandemic Gallery, 17 Frost Street Gallery, Orchard Windows Gallery, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Four Borough will be on exhibition through August 11, 2012.
Press inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 12, 6PM-9PM
Complimentary Cocktails and Music by DJ GRAZE
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »